PDA

View Full Version : Secret areas

Underhill
30th Sep 2004, 14:44
Here's one I've come across so far:

In South Quarter near the fountain is a stairway, get up about halfway and climb up on the wall until you get to the roof. It can be used as a passeway between SQ and Black Alley. Provides some loot and a great view as well.

The obvious choice would be Garrets building but I haven't found any secret switches or anything. There's a very suspicious board of some kind on the floor. Perhaps it has some function.

Any other discovered areas? Also, does someone know how to get screenshots from the game?

Catman
30th Sep 2004, 15:06
PrintScreen, exit, paste into your favorite graphics editor.

And yes, the odd board does have a function, but it's not what you'd expect.

Quillan
30th Sep 2004, 18:26
That trapdoor-looking area has a purpose? What, pray tell, is that? I never figured it out.

tealsmith
30th Sep 2004, 20:24
Originally posted by Quillan
That trapdoor-looking area has a purpose? What, pray tell, is that? I never figured it out.

Figure it out for yourself, I won't spoil it :p, not after how mind numbingly insane I went trying to figure out what it's purpose was.

And unfortunatly, Thief 3 as a whole has very few secret areas. The Thieves Highway described in the first post is one of the very few throughout the game.

Mr. Perfect
30th Sep 2004, 20:41
Hrmph. I tried a couple things with that board in the apartment. I tried standing on it like the thing in the Keeper Library, and then stacking all G's boxes in a tower on it. I wasn't about to try everything else in the room on it, so I just continued with my mission.

Underhill
1st Oct 2004, 13:57
Thanks for the info but I still can't get the screenshots to work. Do you need a program like photoshop to edit the picture?

GandalftheGrey
1st Oct 2004, 15:29
Originally posted by tealsmith
Figure it out for yourself, I won't spoil it :p, not after how mind numbingly insane I went trying to figure out what it's purpose was.

And unfortunatly, Thief 3 as a whole has very few secret areas. The Thieves Highway described in the first post is one of the very few throughout the game.

OMG you can go in there?!!?!?!? TELL ME!!!!

Catman
1st Oct 2004, 15:31
Originally posted by Underhill
Thanks for the info but I still can't get the screenshots to work. Do you need a program like photoshop to edit the picture? MS Paint will suffice if you've nothing else.

sesobebo
1st Oct 2004, 18:20
Underhill Your secret has already been mentioned and even named (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=39595&highlight=highway) on this forum, but never the less, compliments to You for discovering it Yourself (: .
And about the trap door in Garret's appartment, the developers get a credits there, as it's mistery may even last longer than fan missions (; .

Gillie
1st Oct 2004, 19:28
Don't want sound pedantic, but I found that highway but from the other way around climbing up from Black Alley. I loved the vid Recluse did:cool: Looks difficult to make to me.

tealsmith
2nd Oct 2004, 00:09
Originally posted by Gillie
Don't want sound pedantic, but I found that highway but from the other way around climbing up from Black Alley. I loved the vid Recluse did:cool: Looks difficult to make to me.

Which one was that, thje one with the Mission Impossible music? Wouldn't be too hard to make. Just record the footage with FRAPS, import and edit it into movie maker, speed the footage up, and add the music.

Gillie
2nd Oct 2004, 00:49
Originally posted by tealsmith
Which one was that, thje one with the Mission Impossible music? Wouldn't be too hard to make. Just record the footage with FRAPS, import and edit it into movie maker, speed the footage up, and add the music.

Yes that was the one. With the Mission Impossible music so Apt. Maybe a step too far just for me at the moment, Never know but?? :cool:

Mr. Perfect
2nd Oct 2004, 20:48
Originally posted by sesobebo
And about the trap door in Garret's appartment, the developers get a credits there, as it's mistery may even last longer than fan missions (; .

So it doesn't really have a purpose?

theBlackman
2nd Oct 2004, 20:50
It does indeed have a purpose. If you do the right things at the right times it comes into play. :rolleyes:

tealsmith
2nd Oct 2004, 22:59
Originally posted by theBlackman
It does indeed have a purpose. If you do the right things at the right times it comes into play. :rolleyes:

A little too late in the game in my opinion though.

theBlackman
2nd Oct 2004, 23:23
I disagree. If you think about the different areas of the game (maps) and where you start the game, options come to mind.

A home-cooked meal when you are tired after wandering the streets is sometimes a good idea.

And if you do DO the things, then the use becomes apparent. That is IF you think things out.