PDA

View Full Version : "Getting Special" Mission

SgtSpecht1234
27th Sep 2004, 23:57
Hey, is there any way to get past Level 4 in shellshock (getting special, first level as special forces) Without even firing a bullet, can you get past it with only your knife and grenades? (to blow up the Sampons of course!) Because i've tried and tried, and i cant go stealthy through that level!!!

d-2-502-101abn
28th Sep 2004, 12:07
Yes, it is more or less possible ... if I could get the arrow keys to work properly to disarm the blankety-blank traps ... that is one aspect of the PC version of the game that doesn't seem to work at all.

Take point troop and don't get yourself waxed to the max. Geronimo. -- d2

SgtSpecht1234
1st Oct 2004, 02:12
DAMN! i hate that mission, not really, but i cant get past it without firing a bullet! i wanna just use my knife!! MODS PLEASE HELP!!!

d-2-502-101abn
1st Oct 2004, 14:12
You have a silenced pistol as well for those moments when you need to "reach out and touch someone".

SgtSpecht1234
2nd Oct 2004, 02:13
But i wanna just use a knife, cause i read thats all a special forces agent really needed, because they were so quiet, their only weapon would be a knife, cause they really didnt need anything else

d-2-502-101abn
2nd Oct 2004, 12:18
Special Forces use a wide variety of silenced weapons (among the more "mundane" normal sort). The "knife only" thing is a product of Hollywood hype.

While theoretically SF troops could make do with just a knife, they would be loathe to do so. A plumber doesn't show up at your house with just a plunger, does he? Use the tools of the trade.

SgtSpecht1234
2nd Oct 2004, 15:52
i thoguht the only weapon they really needed was a knife, because they were so good at their job, i figured they didnt even need to fire a bullet or something like that

d-2-502-101abn
8th Oct 2004, 07:32
Too much Hollywood hype lol ...

SF troops are soldiers ... very highly trained and specialized. But any soldier appreciates the ability to reach out and touch someone at a distance.

A knife has its uses and purpose, but it is not the weapon of choice in a deadly environment.

SgtSpecht1234
9th Oct 2004, 03:36
i figured the knife would be weapon of choice, cause its so quiet and stuff, but what do i know?:p

d-2-502-101abn
10th Oct 2004, 02:20
Actually, using a knife can be very noisy ... amazing how much they will gurgle and all when you cut their throat. Not to mention the chances of detection increase as you get closer to the enemy. A 9mm to the head from a silenced weapon at about 15 meters or less is ideal.

SgtSpecht1234
10th Oct 2004, 05:16
shows you what i know!!! im dumb...;)

d-2-502-101abn
12th Oct 2004, 04:58
Being uninformed or misinformed is not dumb. Dumbness is knowing better and doing something anyway.

richg67
12th Oct 2004, 10:34
Agreed:In the game environment the knife kill is the 'ultimate kill'.
Same goes for airplane dogfights (only not knives). Shooting down a plane with bullets is the 'ultimate kill' (as opposed to missles) because it's the hardest thing to do and lables you 'elite'. It also saves ammo.
However in a real environment you want the right tool for the job (you should still mind your ammo). We would all like to be the hero but how much fun would it be to be able to kill 100+ armed soldiers all with a knife. That would be like winning the football game with a score of 84 to 3 or wining at NASCAR 5 laps ahead. That's not a hero, that's a cheater.

SgtSpecht1234
15th Oct 2004, 22:11
CHEATER CHEATER PUMPKIN EATER!!! :p lol