PDA

View Full Version : Crown and Heart replica? (very mild spoliers)

Aditya
24th Sep 2004, 18:32
About to enter Museum. In Carman's shop (Auldale) I noticed something that I missed the first time playing the game. THERE IS CROWN AND HRART REPLICA FOR SALE! Also Map of Museum!! Unfortunately, I spent all the gold on other items so couldn’t buy them to see how they affect the mission later...I mean do we intend to "swap" them with real thing?? Has anyone else noticed this and if yes, what purpose do they serve???

ChowYunFat
25th Sep 2004, 00:20
Hi Aditya.
You swap them with the originals in the museum so that the guards won't notice them missing & get alerted.

Mr. Perfect
25th Sep 2004, 23:07
Wow. Never noticed those...

BTW, another question about the Crown. If we never pawn it off after the Sunken Citadel, does the game rember that we still have it in our inventory? Or does it magicly apear in the Museum for us to steal? I can tell you I was mentally kicking myself for selling something I'd need again later(and with a bankroll of 30,000+ who needs the few hundred the crown went for?).

ChowYunFat
26th Sep 2004, 02:51
I remember reading a while ago (on this forum) about someone who had tried this but I don't recall what happened. Try searching & see what you can turn up.

NCIceman
26th Sep 2004, 05:23
Hi all.

I found the note, went back to Carmen's shop and bought the replicas, but when I nabbed the items in the museum they were not automatically replaced with the duplicates I purchased.

Is there something I need to do to do this. Not that this really affected me, since I play in "no one here gets out alive" mode where I blackjack everyone, but I'm curious why they did not auto-replace as I expected.

EDIT: Just read another thread, one has to frob the pedastal to place the replica after taking the artifact to get it to work. Again, didn't really effect me since I KO everyone, but nice to know how to make it work.

Aditya
26th Sep 2004, 06:14
Originally posted by Mr. Perfect
Wow. Never noticed those...

BTW, another question about the Crown. If we never pawn it off after the Sunken Citadel, does the game rember that we still have it in our inventory? Or does it magicly apear in the Museum for us to steal? I can tell you I was mentally kicking myself for selling something I'd need again later(and with a bankroll of 30,000+ who needs the few hundred the crown went for?).

Yes you can choose never to fence the Crown and then in the Meuseum level, you have one less item to steal. Even the briefing reflectes this change. I myself wanted to see this in effect, but its reallly touture seeling everything BUT the crown...just clicking "sell all" when at fence's shop is the quickest preferrable way. Then again, since there are many level ahead of Citadel, I didnt see it a better idea to halt the game for just selectively selling the items...rest assured, the game DOES remember your status. (and anyways, its child's play to steal items from Meuseum be it 2, 3 or 10!)