PDA

View Full Version : Whooops, little plot iregularity.

Mr. Perfect
22nd Sep 2004, 19:45
Just played the Cradle last night, and while I might not be the most observant Thief here I couldn't help but wonder how Garrett still had Lauryl's blood in his pocket after he'd dropped it down the drain in the Cradle. ;) Anyone else notice that too, or am I missing something?

GandalftheGrey
22nd Sep 2004, 20:16
well the drain pipe leads outside... while you never see garrett picking it up, it might be safe to assume he picked it up after jumping out the window :D

Petestar
23rd Sep 2004, 19:28
Originally posted by Mr. Perfect
Just played the Cradle last night, and while I might not be the most observant Thief here I couldn't help but wonder how Garrett still had Lauryl's blood in his pocket after he'd dropped it down the drain in the Cradle. ;) Anyone else notice that too, or am I missing something?

Whoops..... little spelling irregularity there in the thread title.

not exactly "perfect"

:D

rustmite
23rd Sep 2004, 19:58
He has a purpose for the blood. After he follows Lauryl into Ft. Ironwood, you'll find out in the movie cutscene

Mr. Perfect
23rd Sep 2004, 21:10
Oh I know what the blood is for. I just find it interesting that after dropping it down a wee little pipe into the sewers he somehow has it again once he leaves.

And that title is, uhm.... intentional. Yeah, that's it, intentional. I ment to do that, to emphasise that there was an irregularity. ;)

tealsmith
23rd Sep 2004, 22:00
Originally posted by Mr. Perfect
Oh I know what the blood is for. I just find it interesting that after dropping it down a wee little pipe into the sewers he somehow has it again once he leaves.

It doesn't go into the sewers. The storm pipe leads dirrectly the the outside of the Cradle, so it's logical that he picked it up before going back into Old Quarter.

DS12
24th Sep 2004, 00:31
I don't think they mentioned him picking it up because they would have thought that it seem obvious that he would pick it up again once outside.

GandalftheGrey
24th Sep 2004, 16:19
still.. it might have been cool if, after leaving the cradle, we had to do some searching around to find it b4 cattching up with lauryl.... well no.. it's dumb, it's a momentum killer..

stupid thread! BAN!!! :mad:

Mr. Perfect
25th Sep 2004, 23:13
I coudl have sworn Lauryl said it was a pipe to the sewers... I'll have to replay it again. :)

Originally posted by GandalftheGrey
still.. it might have been cool if, after leaving the cradle, we had to do some searching around to find it b4 cattching up with lauryl.... well no.. it's dumb, it's a momentum killer..

stupid thread! BAN!!! :mad:

Do I detect heavy sarcasm? :rolleyes:

baskaa
26th Sep 2004, 06:44
I always thought that the vial he took out of the Cradle was the Dissolution Serum, the chemical he used to clean up the blood stain in the attic with.

That's what he does in the basement of St. Edgars, isn't it? He cleans up the glyph marks that were binding Lauryls remains to the Hag.

MisterT
26th Sep 2004, 06:52
No, he "cleans" the marks with Lauryl's blood. I guess the most appropiate term for this action is unbind