PDA

View Full Version : Just Finished Completing The Game. I Have A Question.

Nikeon
22nd Sep 2004, 19:04
Well, as I stated, I have just completed this great game.
I have really enjoyed it too! :)

My question is this :
Inbetween my final rounds, of placing the artifacts in their rightful places, I decided to take a few shots at Gamall, to see if I could kill her in any way. (I tried quite a few ways of tackling this too, but none seemed to work) Just wondering......
am I right in thinking, that you are not really supposed to kill Gamall anyway, untill you place the final glyph on the fountain, in South Quarter, hence the revelence of the final ending clip?

I was kind of in 2 minds, trying to think of reasons, firstly why she could be killed beforehand..... and then not being killed because of the final glyph, which had completely destroyed her, from the clip,
but eventually found that my second choice had overuled my first.
:cool:

tealsmith
22nd Sep 2004, 21:33
You aren't really supposed to try and elimnate Gamall, that's what the final glyph does. HOWEVER, you can take her down with.. SURPRISE, an Oil Flask.

Nikeon
23rd Sep 2004, 16:46
Hi.

Well, coincidently..... when I went to The Docks, to place the paw (if I have remembered that correctly) on the landing marker,
I used the Oil Flask to spread some along the deck, and used my Noise Maker Arrow to call Gamall's attention to it, and she landed in the water.

I thought then, that that was the last I'd see of her, and that I had got rid of her for good. But alas, that wasn't so. *sigh!* Heh heh. :p
It was the only place I could get her to skid on the oil, as I've found other areas to prove quite difficult, particularly with Gamall.
:) :cool:

Mr. Perfect
23rd Sep 2004, 21:07
The oil trick is hilarius! It was so much fun I had to do it multiple times. ;) The easiest place is in Audale, where' theres a hill she patrols on(walking downhill on oil makes you do a faceplant!).

NCIceman
24th Sep 2004, 03:01
Just finished, I don't think it matters what you do to her, as she appears by each 'target' in each part of the city as you move around.

Interesting, I had noticed those points before as I had crept around, so learning the city had really paid off, by the time I got to this mission I knew exactly how to get to each point without attracting unwanted hag attention.

BTW, I LOVE the ending cutscene, great tribute to the first game, including Garrett's wry smile of remembrance...

Nikeon
24th Sep 2004, 04:03
Originally posted by Mr. Perfect
The oil trick is hilarius! It was so much fun I had to do it multiple times. ;) The easiest place is in Audale, where' theres a hill she patrols on(walking downhill on oil makes you do a faceplant!).

I think the Oil Flask is about the ONLY funniest thing in this game! (and quite rightly, you can have some really hilarious times with it too. I know I did. :) ) I wonder if it was the creators intentions to make that so, when they made the game. Did they realise they would get some laughs from their fans?

Nikeon
24th Sep 2004, 04:13
Originally posted by NCIceman
Just finished, I don't think it matters what you do to her, as she appears by each 'target' in each part of the city as you move around.

Interesting, I had noticed those points before as I had crept around, so learning the city had really paid off, by the time I got to this mission I knew exactly how to get to each point without attacting unwanted hag attention.

same here. I knew where all the points were, without even coming to the forums to ask for help on this.
Well..... to be honest..... the only one which took me slightly longer to find than the rest..... was the memorial in Auldale, and that was it.
The rest were a piece of cake!

shadowwolf218
29th Dec 2004, 10:25
Hmm, moving with that topic, I have some questions as well.

In the final cutscene:
This one is idle wondering: Why is it significant that the two sentients were returned to their previous 'owners'?

And, moreover, what the bloody taffing hell put them back?

Brother52
5th Jan 2005, 12:52
[i]In the final cutscene:
This one is idle wondering: Why is it significant that the two sentients were returned to their previous 'owners'?

And, moreover, what the bloody taffing hell put them back?
[/B]

Well I assumed that now G. is a Keeper he has developed some morals and put these back as they were needed for the smooth running of the city

shadowwolf218
5th Jan 2005, 23:05
Originally posted by Brother52
Well I assumed that now G. is a Keeper he has developed some morals and put these back as they were needed for the smooth running of the city

Yea, I had assumed so to begin with. Those lights with the pagans though....guess I'm finding meaning in willowisps. ;)

Lebensborn
14th Jan 2005, 01:42
i got a trainer of a PC GAMER cd after i completed it. The trainer gives you infiinite items providing you have that item, great fun to completely cover an area with oil and light it. Be carefull tho cos it slows down the game a lot. Also mines are great fun in very large quantitys i made a huge pile of mines so many in fact it slowed the game down before i even set them off with a fire arrow what an explosion. It's good when a guard dies in the blast and his sword gets blasted into another guard and kill them lol