PDA

View Full Version : Don't like TR Revelations

Pindakaas
22nd Sep 2004, 06:43
I just can't get myself to play TR Last Revelation, eventhough I'm a huge fan...

Pindakaas
22nd Sep 2004, 06:49
I really don't like the fact that you have to keep track of where you've been because you might have to return. It's not a game you can play for a minute and then leave it for a month or so. I really liked that in the previous games. I've never used a walkthrough that much as with TRLR. Can ne1 bring back the pleasure in playing TRLR. Also, I really don't like the unkillable scorpions. I'm a player who likes to take the time and enjoy the environment, but those damn bugs make you run for it, missing all the scenery :(
Anyway, who's with me or who can help me out?

TheBoo
22nd Sep 2004, 13:29
Originally posted by Pindakaas
....... I really don't like the unkillable scorpions.
Unkillable? Are you talking about the big mutant scorpions? You can kill'em with pistols......if you can get on a nearby block so they can't sting you to death. The shotgun is fast.......the revolver is even faster.....and the grenadegun with super ammo will blow them up with one shot........the secondary explosions from the super ammo will terminate them with extreme prejudice.
:D

Now, the roaches are unkillable, but they're not so bad........they just nibble at you a bit..........a nuisance, really.

Pindakaas
22nd Sep 2004, 14:51
I mean the small black bugs attacking in groups, they can certainly not be killed and, I think, are a real pain in the butt. I've just discovered that in TRAOD you have 2 kinds of pesky unkillable foes: rats and bats, darnit! Haven't had any contact with huge mutated scorpions yet.

By the way, up until TRLR I've finished each TR game with just the revolvers/pistols ;) even the end bossed and big #ss dino's. That doesn't work in the newer games too.

Lia67
23rd Sep 2004, 22:35
Hi Pindakaas,

I didn't like the black bugs that attack in groups either especially when you have to reach into holes to get the beatle artifacts.:eek:

Yahiko Li
23rd Sep 2004, 23:41
And what about those floating fire skulls? Man, I really hated those!! You needed to find this kinda cross thing so they blow up. They were so annoying. I definitely won't play it again.

Pindakaas
24th Sep 2004, 07:08
That's what I'm talking about :) I'm currently playing (whilst I shouldn't be) TRAOD. This one has very tricky controls (toggled walk/run/sneak) but oh, I already told about the rats.

Floating skulls, damn, didn't see those too. I met the unkillable skeletons, they're bastards too. At one point I tried to convince myself it all contributed to the gameplay, but it just got/gets me frustrated.

Arg! In TRAOD you can't just keep on fireing, you don't have unlimited pistol bullets. Hmmm. It contributes to gameplay...It contributes to gameplay...It contributes to gameplay...It contributes to gameplay...

Lia67
24th Sep 2004, 20:08
Hi Pindakaas,

Your new here so I should let you know that swearing is frowned upon in this forum.

I did not think that TRLR was a bad game, yes there were parts of the game that were difficult, but overall I thought it was pretty fun. Like the jeep ride and the puzzles. The fact that it had so many levels was an added bonus for me to. :)

jso2897
25th Sep 2004, 02:29
TRLR was a letdown in the end. The last two levels,IMHO, featured lazy and sloppy design, made difficult by the simple device of making it dark. And then Horus, the lamest boss ever. I enjoyed parts of it, but all in all, it was my least favorite. I like TR5 and TRAOD a lot more. TR4 was long, tedious, confusing, and had too much trekking back and forth to get stuff.

gamegerl
26th Sep 2004, 15:47
I mean the small black bugs attacking in groups, they can certainly not be killed and, I think, are a real pain in the butt. I've just discovered that in TRAOD you have 2 kinds of pesky unkillable foes: rats and bats, darnit! Haven't had any contact with huge mutated scorpions yet.

By the way, up until TRLR I've finished each TR game with just the revolvers/pistols ;) even the end bossed and big #ss dino's. That doesn't work in the newer games too. u can kill the rats- and somtimes the bats

Pindakaas
27th Sep 2004, 07:17
Well then, tell me how to kill the rats!
Sorry about the 'swearing' but I hardly believe anyone takes offence to the words I use. I don't use the F word or something.

I'm currently playing TR Chronicles and TRAOD simultaneously, I guess I like TRC better, it is closest to the original series. TRAOD has some nice new features and designs but I think I'll have to see it as a game on it's own in order to enjoy it to the fullest.

The absolute best of the series is the first TR game, but when I play it on my new PC it looks crappy, but when I first played it. Man, I was so thrilled I started a new game each time I played TR just to see the first movie again.

So I guess I should just stop comparing and take each game as it is, but that still doesn't make TRLR any better ;)

TheBoo
28th Sep 2004, 02:12
Originally posted by jso2897
And then Horus, the lamest boss ever.

I think you mean Set, not Horus.

Horus was exploded by Set's locusts and set back to the stars.

gamegerl
28th Sep 2004, 02:38
Well then, tell me how to kill the rats!
Sorry about the 'swearing' but I hardly believe anyone takes offence to the words I use. I don't use the F word or something.

I'm currently playing TR Chronicles and TRAOD simultaneously, I guess I like TRC better, it is closest to the original series. TRAOD has some nice new features and designs but I think I'll have to see it as a game on it's own in order to enjoy it to the fullest.

The absolute best of the series is the first TR game, but when I play it on my new PC it looks crappy, but when I first played it. Man, I was so thrilled I started a new game each time I played TR just to see the first movie again.

So I guess I should just stop comparing and take each game as it is, but that still doesn't make TRLR any better ;) u can-at least i could

Pindakaas
30th Sep 2004, 06:32
I'm starting to get used to TROAD, I've just played the serpent rouge part/level and it looks amazing. A lot of attention has been put into the level, the 'puzzles' are fun and the whole just looks good.

Only bad thing is the controlling of Lara, she seems to take always one step more than desired and carrying a gun, she automatically steps away from objects when she bumps into them.

I never thought the controls where crappy in the first series, yes, it took some getting used to. But TRAOD definately has crappy controls, or maybe I'm just not used to them yet... ;)

Lia67
30th Sep 2004, 16:46
The controles for AOD were hard. The fact that there was a time delay for Lara to run made the game a lot more fustrating sometimes.

But if you ever decide to play AOD a second time, you'll find that it's easier because you have gotten used to them. This was the case when I played the second time.:)

Pindakaas
1st Oct 2004, 06:18
I'm already starting to get used to it. The level design makes up for the controls. The delay is indeed frustrating, even if you don't need to run. Also, when Lara 'runs' on a staircase, it's more like she's hopping like a bunny ;)

One of the best things :) in TRLR was Lara's string body, lol. Ofcourse I imagined her in clothing like that, but in TRLR you got to see a glimpse of in 'for real'. lol. FYI besides that I'm a pretty normal guy.

Oh, and i took a screenshot from Lara in TRAOD from the inside of her head, rofl. I'll try to put up a new thread with funny screenshots of TR games....

Lia67
2nd Oct 2004, 00:05
Hi Pindakaas,

In the Serpent Rouge I was trying to make Lara climb stairs while targeting a bad guy with her gun,lol, so I know what you mean.

I saw the funny screenshot that you have in another thread and it was hilarious. A couple of times this happened to me too while playing lol.

Kinda spooky though seeing just two eyeballs staring at you.:eek: :D

jso2897
3rd Oct 2004, 20:16
I don't care whether you call him Set, or Horus, or Bingo the Dancing Monkey. He's still the lamest excuse for a game-end boss I've ever seen. I beat him the FIRST TIME. You're not supposed to be able to beat a game-end boss the first time.

thanhkim
8th Oct 2004, 21:14
I love tr rev I just didn't like the end cause of what happened to lara. Von Croy :mad:

thanhkim
8th Oct 2004, 21:16
Originally posted by Lia67
Hi Pindakaas,

In the Serpent Rouge I was trying to make Lara climb stairs while targeting a bad guy with her gun,lol, so I know what you mean.

I saw the funny screenshot that you have in another thread and it was hilarious. A couple of times this happened to me too while playing lol.

Kinda spooky though seeing just two eyeballs staring at you.:eek: :D Yep I did that too it freaked me out the first time it was like Core hadn't finished lara off probably

Chip Davis
11th Oct 2004, 19:10
I guess I'm odd, because I thought Last Revelation was easily the best in the series. I enjoyed the fact that it returned to a focus on exploration and puzzle solving. TR2 was the worst, because it emphasized combat over everything else (and let's be honest, TR does NOT have a good shooting system compared to most games.) TR3 was a bit better than TR2, but it had too many instant death traps, and the levels were a bit too large to the point of being tedious. TR5 was fun, but really just felt like an expansion of TR4. AOD was a really quite good, but then I just lost interest during the insane asylum levels... not sure why. So TR4 remains the best.