PDA

View Full Version : Minion's Make Pagans Hostile. Why?

Nikeon
21st Sep 2004, 19:51
Hi again everyone.

Okay, well after venturing back through Auldale, after Gamall's revelation, (in the clip - when she took over Artemus's form, and probably killed him, which raised Garret's suspicions when he thought there was something wrong with Artemus, and then.... of ALL PEOPLE, she HAD to go and kill Keeper Orland too! "SHAME ON HER!" :eek: )
it seems, that even though my faction with the pagans is completely allied, whenever I'm near one of Gamall's evil minion's, waiting to crush them to pieces, and a pagan is nearby, also ready to tackle one, the pagan then (for some reason, unbeknown to me) feels he/she suddenly has to start fighting Garrett too. I don't understand why this happens. :confused:

Gamall's minions have already killed a couple of pagans. (those of which I could not get to at the time, as I am trying to protect the pagans from getting hurt by them) I wonder if they blame Garrett for letting one of their own get killed, or some such. I don't know really. :confused:

Can anyone help me out here please?
:) :cool:

Btw - Yes, I am still keeping up with the story. I am just not very good at putting into words what happens exactly, without making it sound a bit long winded. I have been folowing, and understanding it though.

theBlackman
21st Sep 2004, 21:48
Perhaps, because Gamall's corruption of everything has given her critters an evil aura that affects everyone near by.

On the other hand, stay away and let them fight it out. Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me. So don't stick around and get whupped.

MisterT
22nd Sep 2004, 07:14
Sometimes the AI will behave hostile for some reason or another, particulary after a brawl. Is it possible you accidentally hit the guy while fighting the mutual enemy?

I once managed to allied myself with the hammerites and went pass by one and just saluted me, but then the next one went all nuts towards me.

Anyway, as stated before, just keep your distance from these battles. You have more important issues to attend to.

BTW, I recommend you change the topic of the post, it can beconsidered a spoiler because of the name you've put in there. (objective met by moderator :p)

Guineapiggy
22nd Sep 2004, 10:46
Considering you stole from them to get into Gamall's lair it's not a surprise is it?

c6jones720
22nd Sep 2004, 11:48
I've seen that happen too. I allied myself with the Hammers and let a zombie free for a laugh in fort Ironworth. Even though I was allied, the Hammers still tried to kill me..

Nikeon
22nd Sep 2004, 18:34
Hmm..... well eventually, everyone started fighting each other, everyone centred their combat on each other, so I wasn't surprised after a while really.

And yes.... I did manage to keep my distance too. :)
surprisingly though, I found it was a male pagan, who tried to zap me, and not a female. Then sometimes, whenever I would pass another male pagan, (a completely different one) he would also try and zap me if he saw me.

I've had no trouble with any hammerites though.
Ahh well.... must be luck, I suppose. :)

~theBlackman~

You said (and I quote) --"Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me"--
I'm not too sure what you were referring to there. Sorry. :-/
If that's some kind of quote from somewhere, then I've never actually heard it before.
:cool:

Nikeon
22nd Sep 2004, 18:45
Originally posted by Guineapiggy
Considering you stole from them to get into Gamall's lair it's not a surprise is it?

Who, the pagans? Yeah..... I see what you mean. Heh heh. :p
Not to mention, draining the water in the canal so that Garrett could enter the lair, when they wanted it kept high to keep away any nasties.

theBlackman
22nd Sep 2004, 18:53
Originally posted by Nikeon
~theBlackman~

You said (and I quote) --"Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me"--
I'm not too sure what you were referring to there. Sorry. :-/
If that's some kind of quote from somewhere, then I've never actually heard it before.

If you get in a situation such as you mentioned with the maniacal AI, you (me/we/us) should learn from the first experience. IE "you fooled me". If we repeat the same thing and get caught again, then we/me/us are at fault for falling into the same trap.

So the saying is Fool me once shame on you, (IE it's the perpetrators fault) Fool me twice shame on me, (IE. it's the fault of the person who was fooled by the same trick, situation, conditions a second time because they did not learn the first time.

Robban
22nd Sep 2004, 21:11
I had the same prob...

And I doubt that the are mad at because I stole the medalion from them... or sunk the water... They were all friendly to me after all that... and they still are... until one of the gargoyls attacks them... And even if I donĀ“t battle the gargoyls they attack me after they are finished...

So I blame the AI....

Mr. Perfect
23rd Sep 2004, 01:49
The Pagans are doing the same thing to me. :mad: I'm completly 100% allied with the Pagans, they gave me the ammulet(never stole from them) and I've never attacked one of them. I just crouch in the shrubbery and watch the Pagan shammans nuke the gargoyals, and next thing I know I'm getting "leafied and vined"... The Hammers never do anything like that, infact they've even blessed me with some defensive magical aura a few times.

Mayhaps a 1.2 patch could include a fix for this?:confused:

bravus
23rd Sep 2004, 14:47
surprisingly though, I found it was a male pagan, who tried to zap me, and not a female. Then sometimes, whenever I would pass another male pagan, (a completely different one) he would also try and zap me if he saw me. Clearly you need to stop hitting on those cute pagan wimmin. ;)

Nikeon
23rd Sep 2004, 16:56
Originally posted by bravus
Clearly you need to stop hitting on those cute pagan wimmin. ;)

LOL! :p