PDA

View Full Version : Second of the Fort Mission

Interceptor
20th Sep 2004, 10:52
Done a lot of shooting and mining etc... Never can protect the radio long enough for the cavalry to come riding over the hill and charging through the gates - so what's the trick :confused:

Cheers

I

abcent
20th Sep 2004, 11:58
If you play the mission according to the direction given to you, I assure you victory. Mission starts by asking you to snipe out VCs, you got a M-14 Scoped so keep on blowing a few heads if your partner dies you take over the Santry and take out as many VCs as you can, after a few your objective is to protect fuel depo from enemy sappers, jump down off the stairs and next door is fuel depo shoot any one passing that door, after it your object is to locate another radio, rush to inner hall and right infront there is a room, upstairs (first floor of fort) is where the radio located just go there soldier! there you have 3 more guys shooting incoming VCs you take cover under the left door and shoot a few VCs (change your gun before you do that, choose M-16 or Ak-47, I preffer Ak-47 easy to use and ammo is available from dead VCs :) ) after that your asked to defend LZ. Hmmmm MAN THATS GONNA GIVE YOU REAL PAIN. Look there are 5-6 RPG troopers right on the roof next to your location. you pull out and sneak by right side-walk after you reach the stairs throw some flash bangs, RGP trooper will launch missiles on you but dont worry they will fry themselves, why? because they are inside building :D and windows are not bigger enough. Try it soldier! I believe you can make it!
Over & Out

imported_mike_g
20th Sep 2004, 17:01
Originally posted by Interceptor
Done a lot of shooting and mining etc... Never can protect the radio long enough for the cavalry to come riding over the hill and charging through the gates - so what's the trick :confused:

Cheers

I

Do you mean the mission as a whole, or the specific objective of protecting the radio? The radio objective is on the difficult side, but with some judicious placement of claymores on the stairwells, and sniping from the windows overlooking the courtyard, you can seriously thin out the enemy's numbers prior to them reaching you. You must maintain a very active defense, covering whichever approach seems the most threatened at any given moment, the stairs, the catwalk on the left, and the catwalk on the right.

Clumsyorchid
20th Sep 2004, 18:01
My 2cents on the radio objective:

Before getting to the radio objective try and grab the large NVA machine gun with 100round clip. When objective is given, move down the stairs and lay prone in the doorway. As the enemies approach from the main gate, shoot short bursts and try and injure them slightly, then kill them when they get closer in range. You will need to get at least some enemies close enough so you can get their ammo, so draw a few in when it looks like you need it. I did this on every difficulty and it worked like a charm :).

RoyalMarineCommando
3rd Oct 2004, 17:23
Originally posted by mike_g
Do you mean the mission as a whole, or the specific objective of protecting the radio? The radio objective is on the difficult side, but with some judicious placement of claymores on the stairwells, and sniping from the windows overlooking the courtyard, you can seriously thin out the enemy's numbers prior to them reaching you. You must maintain a very active defense, covering whichever approach seems the most threatened at any given moment, the stairs, the catwalk on the left, and the catwalk on the right.

Claymore's !!??

Where do you find them ?? Ive passed the mission in question, but ive never gotten my hands on any claymore's yet !

Clumsyorchid
3rd Oct 2004, 18:10
Near the front door are 2 claymores, if you walk in front of the AA gun you can pick em up and use them later.