PDA

View Full Version : Help! I'm stuck in the village...

gamergirl74
19th Sep 2004, 22:58
So, I'm stuck in the village! The villagers seem to have all rounded up.....and I found the supply of RPG's. I have also set fire to all the hay stacks, collected weapons, etc. I am just running around the village now, wondering what else I am suppose to do to advance. Nobody in my squad is in "talk mode" right now, so I am not sure what I missed. Obviously, I forgot to do something? Anyone who has passed this part, please give me some hints! Thanks!

Clumsyorchid
19th Sep 2004, 23:10
I've seen a few of these posts and I'm curious:

When entering the villiage there are 2 paths, one to the right and one to the left. The rightmost path leads to the main area of the village with the majority of the villagers. If you take the leftmost path, there is 1 (maybe two) haystacks and two villagers.

Are you detonating the haystack(s) in the area on the leftmost path? I just wanted to be sure. To be honest I never rounded up the villagers, I just shot them dead- which will pass the current objective. You should have the option to do it both ways though.

other1
19th Sep 2004, 23:35
Detonate the haystacks? How? I've not seen this as an option..

Hobbit
20th Sep 2004, 00:01
Just throw a grenade on them and they will blow up.

Clumsyorchid
20th Sep 2004, 01:31
Yea, that's what I meant. Blow em up is what I should have said, detonate was the wrong word.

SgtSpecht1234
20th Sep 2004, 01:54
yeah i just beat the game myself, so if anyone needs any help or hints, (cheats to!) just ask me!

Hobbit
20th Sep 2004, 07:38
Originally posted by SgtSpecht1234
yeah i just beat the game myself, so if anyone needs any help or hints, (cheats to!) just ask me!

It took you that long?? :D

I think you wasted the enemy really slow so they could feel lots of pain!

SgtSpecht1234
20th Sep 2004, 23:37
i dont like just beating a game in 1 friggin' hour, i got no time to, plus i like to PLAY! Not just quickly run through it and be done! i like to take my time with things :p

vivatforx
21st Sep 2004, 00:26
yeah check the left hand path when you first get to the village, i had the same problem.

MyFingerHurts
22nd Sep 2004, 15:59
Shoot all the villagers. They will start attacking the squad, and you wont get in trouble for it, but after they are all dead take out the hay stacks then the squad commander will notify you that the villagers have been rounded up and you should proceed to find the reporter.

d-2-502-101abn
24th Sep 2004, 14:59
Is MyFingerHurts an alias for Lt. Calley? lol, jk ... personally, I try to play this game in as realistic a manner as possible, which means trying very hard to avoid things contra to the Geneva Conventions. A lifetime membership to Club Fed at Leavenworth, KS is not my idea of a great vacation package.

Take point troop and try not to get yourself waxed to the max. Geronimo. -- d2

Clumsyorchid
24th Sep 2004, 17:32
Since this is a game (and not real life) it allows more freedom to complete objectives. For myself, I would take down the villagers to save time, earn more headshots, and earn higher end level ranks.

SgtSpecht1234
25th Sep 2004, 03:15
*gasp* YOU MURDERER!!! lol

d-2-502-101abn
25th Sep 2004, 03:59
lol indeed SgtSpecht ... lots of budding Club Feb members out there it seems.

Yes, the game lends itself to that "run and gun" philosophy. But the good thing behind it it all, is that if you work at "realistically" approaching the game (despite the AI shortcomings in your teammates), you might not win as many medals, etc. as the other sort, however it goes to prove that the basic game structure is sound enough to encompass "realistic" play as well -- insofar as the limitations I have pointed out elsewhere.

Take point troop and try not to get yourself waxed to the max. Geronimo. -- d2

SgtSpecht1234
25th Sep 2004, 04:04
Exactly...i Wish the AI was smarter, because your friends are like...dumb...lol Still EXTREMELY fun though

Clumsyorchid
25th Sep 2004, 08:55
I had no problems getting top ranks on all levels of the game with my own playstyle. Luckily the game allows for multiple playstyles, I don't think I could have gone the "realistic" route.

SgtSpecht1234
25th Sep 2004, 16:10
Thats what i do, it makes the game funner, i never get the top ranks though...

d-2-502-101abn
27th Sep 2004, 14:17
To me, it is the challenge of doing things the "right" way tactically that makes it fun. But to each their own. As I mentioned, it is this flexibility in allowing for either style of play that is a plus for SSNam67.

Take point troop and don't get yourself waxed to the max. Geronimo -- d2

Clumsyorchid
27th Sep 2004, 15:39
IMO, there's no "right" or "wrong" way.

imported_mike_g
27th Sep 2004, 18:47
Tactically, speaking there IS a right way and a wrong way, but in terms of the game, you are free to do as you please. I tend to agree with those who prefer to do it realistically. It is good that the game allows you some freedom of action, but since it is a game about a real war, even if we take some liberties, I prefer to playing it in a realistic manner, and that means no pointless wasting of civilians. I'm really pleased that the civilians fight back when you shoot at them. I just wished they were more effective so that they really whooped you so bad, you'd think twice about doing it again.

But then, clumsyorchid, you know my attitudes about realism in wargames, don't you...?:)

Clumsyorchid
27th Sep 2004, 19:57
I don't think of them as being wasted :(. They all have their purposes, like reaching the highest rank, every headshot counts you know :).

Good points though, it's just that games are not comparable with life in most cases. And the route to sucess is often in playing the game way, not the "real" way.

tsfan9920
30th Sep 2004, 08:46
One of the few times I deviated from gameplay was at the village and was attached by the villagers.
I at once determined it was a hostile village I then went around and killed all the animals to deprive the cong of the food they would have provided.
Realistic

d-2-502-101abn
1st Oct 2004, 14:15
You are in trouble now! PETA and SPCA will be after you ... and they are worse than the VC.

Take point troop and don't get yourself waxed to the max. Geronimo. -- d2

tsfan9920
1st Oct 2004, 18:28
Ya LOL you cant shoot them

RoyalMarineCommando
3rd Oct 2004, 17:14
So anyway, to answer the original question;

Once you ahve rounded up the villagers, and blown up the haystacks, make your way to the center of the village, face towards the large hut which is on stilts (the one with the ladders you cant climb), and then look to the right hand side of it.

You will see a path leading off behind the rocks, and will notice the VC symbol for a booby trap. Walk down the path, dis-arm the trip wire, and follow the path onto the next level.

;)

richg67
11th Oct 2004, 13:53
I've shot the pig hanging from the tree to put him out of his misery. He don't die.

I had trouble with this too. There is one house you may have passed on your way into the village. Go back out the way you came in and hang to the right. There is also a large cache bhind the big house on stilts that took awhile to find.

I've beat this game too and I too took my time as I always do. There's no reward for finishing fast.