PDA

View Full Version : what do you mean we have to wait 8 months

Webrider
19th Sep 2004, 20:36
The map does look a little like the Total War franchise.

I just hope you can play the campaign multiplayer unlike that franchise.

I also hate seeing hype 6 to 8 months before release of a game, guess the marketing types know whats best... Can't wait to play this one.. it looks great .. hope it plays as good as it looked.

And even though the map looks a little like the Total War franchise .. well the map really looks like RISK which predates them all :)~ so it really is ok .. I like that kind of map.

It does cover different territory... I will buy both the TOTAL WAR series and this game... I think I have room in my collection... It does however keep the Total War franchis from expanding into this era.

Arctic_Wolf
19th Sep 2004, 22:48
About the maps, well, there really aren't that many ways you can do maps. So one map of europe is always going to look similar to another map of europe. I suppose they could make a 3-D map it wouldn't even be that hard considering they could easily get hold of a satellite/radar one and just draw lines on and colour it in. :p

I too will also buy Rome and this when they come out, as such I'm careful not to go near anything but screenshots and maybe the odd preview. Hype can be the death of things.

Champagne
20th Sep 2004, 00:02
the maps in all games completely copied the ones that god made for earth like a zillion years ago.. for god sakes, get original maps, JRR tolkien did it!!!111

Lonewulf44
22nd Sep 2004, 16:33
I think that most people are really worried about the 'look' of the map. I think that the issue is the number of provinces in the map. Most people thought that more were needed.

Long Live Prussia!

The_Russian_Rocket
29th Sep 2004, 23:11
Ok Webrider you are saying that they should rush the fine tuning of the game and you can have in full of nasty little bugs and you can have it tommorrow! Oh then we can down load annoying fix patches to fix all thoose bugs! That sounds like the worst move Pyro could make!

Arctic_Wolf
30th Sep 2004, 21:22
No matter howmuch time this game spends in development, it is still highly likey to require a patch of some sort post-release. Something like the game not being able to cope with the crap nVidia continue to pumping out under the guise of graphics drivers, probably meaning slight tweaks will need to be made for the game to run with them.

Oh and webrider did not request the game earlier, he only said that the hype was starting up and that he didn't like hype. Please read peoples posts before you lose your temper.

Vic Flange
13th Oct 2004, 14:20
Map is non-final - it'll get nicer ;)

ThinRedLine
29th Oct 2004, 22:50
Hello All and Salute!

Just wanted to respond to Webrider who said:

It does cover different territory... I will buy both the TOTAL WAR series and this game... I think I have room in my collection... It does however keep the Total War franchis from expanding into this era.

Actually, MTW has already been modded into Napoleonic: Total War by an excellent community of gentlemenat the Lordz:

http://www.thelordz.co.uk/Lordzsite/index.php?_b3k

Here is a Screenie:
http://www.ntwgg.com/Gallery/GGvRHG3.jpg

Though this game is a modification of MTW and VI it plays extremely well in MP. 8 players are accomodated as in MTW/VI and The community has generally kept to the romantic spirit of the early 19th century and play with civility and gentlemanly conduct.

It is one of the best MP experiences of my life and though RTW has better graphics and has perhaps more universal appeal because of the Era, NTW's MP is still better than RTW. I suspect that RTW will be adding some features so that it can be as good if not better than NTW. At least, I hope so.

Salute!

[GG]TRL