PDA

View Full Version : Prominent Game/Film CO. Looking For Lara Croft-like Actress

Trinity34
19th Sep 2004, 20:09
PROMINENT GAME/FILM CO. LOOKING FOR LARA CROFT-LIKE ACTRESS 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to:[Edited by GoranAgar]
Date: 2004-08-27, 6:36AM PDT

PROMINENT GAME COMPANY LOOKING FOR LEAD LARA CROFT-LIKE ACTRESS, MODEL, ATHLETE FOR HIGH-PROFILE GAME/FILM PROJECT STARTING PRODUCTION SUMMER 2005.

LOOKING FOR UNKNOWN FEMALE LEAD--YOUNG, ATTRACTIVE, ATHLETIC WITH MEDIUM TONE BUILD. ACTING EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED BUT NOT REQUIRED. HOWEVER, THIS PROJECT WILL REQUIRE SOME PHYSICAL STRENGTH AND MINOR STUNT WORK.

DUE TO THE SENSITIVITY OF THIS PROJECT, AT PRESENT, NO PHYSICAL MATERIALS ARE BEING ACCEPTED. ALL MATERIALS MUST BE SUBMITTED DIGITALLY VIA EMAIL TO THE GIVEN E-MAIL ADDRESS. PLEASE DO NOT SEND FILE(S) OVER 150K TOTAL, SO OPTIMIZE AND/OR COMBINE YOUR IMAGE AND TEXT FILES. OUR SERVER WILL AUTOMATICALLY REJECT EMAILS LARGER THAN 150K AND WE DON'T WANT TO MISS YOUR SUBMISSION!

ALSO, PLEASE DO NOT SEND MORE THAN ONE SUBMISSION PER APPLICANT. MULTIPLE SUBMISSIONS WILL BE DISREGARDED.

IN THE EVENT THAT WE EXPERIENCE AN OVERWELMING RESPONSE TO THIS POSTING, OUR SERVER MAY REJECT YOUR SUBMISSION. IF YOUR SUBMISSION IS RETURNED, PLEASE WAIT TO RESUBMIT YOUR MATERIALS AT A LATER TIME.

WE APOLOGIZE FOR THIS INCONVENIENCE, BUT ARE TESTING THIS VENUE AS AN ALTERNATIVE CHANEL FOR RECRUITING UNKNOWN TALENT.

THOUGH DETAILED INFORMATION SPECIFIC TO THIS PROJECT IS NOT BEING DISCLOSED AT THIS TIME, TO HELP ENSURE MORE COMPLETE AND ACCURATE SUBMISSIONS, FEEL FREE TO SEND INQUISITIONS RELATED TO THE LEAD CHARACTER'S PROFILE.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION AND GOOD LUCK.

:D :D

GoranAgar
19th Sep 2004, 20:38
How "prominent" is this company? It surely doesn't look professional. Tom posted this earlier but removed it. Who are these people? Does anyone know any specifics?

Until someone convinces me that this is serious I will remove the email address and link.

MissLara2U
19th Sep 2004, 20:58
I'm inclined to agree with Goran on this one. I have the original advert and the email address is questionable. I'm also dubios whether advertising on mass mailing lists would be something Eidos would engage in.

Would have been fun tho! ;)

M.

Clumsyorchid
19th Sep 2004, 21:00
Curious about this as well, the ad seems more than suspicous.

Trinity34
19th Sep 2004, 22:41
Ok I shall take up the challenge. Craigslist is an online bulletin board where people can post advertisements for jobs. It could be that Eidos did post (somewhere) that they are looking for a new model but did not post it at craigslist.org and this information was posted by someone else second hand. Granted I don't know who actually posted it but I will go ahead and send an email asking for more info. :)

THE True Lara
21st Sep 2004, 21:04
I think the use of a description like 'Lara Croft-like' says it all.

Speaking of 'professionality' reminds me of a man I overheard clogging up the till in Argos last week. Had a stupidly long list of items, like neon bar signs and hair dye, kept changing his mind then at the end added as if by explanation to the cashier -'I'm making a film next week these are all props.' Hummm.... and how many naked people will it star I wonder.....?

Anyway, I'm busy this weekend. :p

Deekman
24th Sep 2004, 12:26
Originally posted by THE True Lara
I think the use of a description like 'Lara Croft-like' says it all.
I believe you've hit it square on the button.

thanhkim
8th Oct 2004, 12:52
Originally posted by GoranAgar
How "prominent" is this company? It surely doesn't look professional. Tom posted this earlier but removed it. Who are these people? Does anyone know any specifics?

Until someone convinces me that this is serious I will remove the email address and link. Very odd indeed it looks????