PDA

View Full Version : Crashing to desktop

Anders
19th Sep 2004, 17:40
Allright I have a GeForceFX 5600 and I'm running 61.77 and 9.0c. So far I don't have any texture issues, but I keep crashing to the desktop. Oh and I should say that I played the first mission without any problems but when I got to base camp the problems started. It will usually run fine anywhere from 5-10 minutes and then crash to the desktop. Is this also an issue with the 61.77 drivers or is it something else?

Anders
20th Sep 2004, 00:32
well i reverted to 61.76 and it seems better. However, I still get random crashes its just that it occurs after about 1-2 hours of gameplay. still, anybody know anything about how to fix this?

Anders
21st Sep 2004, 22:32
well now i got to a mission, the one where you man the m-60 on a helicopter, and the graphics are all messed up. So i'm guessing that the drivers are the issue. However, I was under the impression that the 65.73 drivers would be released "soon" but it seems to be taking a while. Furthermore, I find the silence I have received to be disturbing.

jaywalker2309
21st Sep 2004, 22:55
Originally posted by Anders
well now i got to a mission, the one where you man the m-60 on a helicopter, and the graphics are all messed up. So i'm guessing that the drivers are the issue. However, I was under the impression that the 65.73 drivers would be released "soon" but it seems to be taking a while. Furthermore, I find the silence I have received to be disturbing.

Silence? from whom?

I will chase up nVidia in the morning.

Anders
21st Sep 2004, 23:05
The silence has been broken. Hallelujah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks, I just wanted to know why it was taking so long and if my problem had to do with the drivers. I'm just used to forums where I get a reply to my message within a day and when 4 days went by I thought I was being ignored.

jaywalker2309
21st Sep 2004, 23:10
The silence has been broken. Hallelujah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks, I just wanted to know why it was taking so long and if my problem had to do with the drivers. I'm just used to forums where I get a reply to my message within a day and when 4 days went by I thought I was being ignored.

Sorry dude it does sound like a driver problem..

you could try alt tabbing out of the game and then alt tabbing back in - this causes a `hard reset` of the graphics engine so to speak and clears out the issue within the driver.

Anders
1st Oct 2004, 15:52
well, still nothing. i'm beginning to feel a little ripped off. i've tried all the beta drivers at guru3d.com but they are betas and give me the blue screen of death when i try to load a level. what's the deal.

jaywalker2309
1st Oct 2004, 23:16
well, still nothing. i'm beginning to feel a little ripped off. i've tried all the beta drivers at guru3d.com but they are betas and give me the blue screen of death when i try to load a level. what's the deal.

Beta drivers are exactly that, beta, not supported as they are not final.

We are still working with nVidia to ensure the drivers work properly. Once we have news we'll report it