PDA

View Full Version : has anyone gotten higher than a bronze star?

butter421
18th Sep 2004, 21:25
no matter how hard i try i can never get a silver or better

Clumsyorchid
18th Sep 2004, 21:28
Focus on Headshots and Time and you'll get better rankings.

ArTsKiLLaRy
19th Sep 2004, 00:57
Best i received was a silver star:( and thats cuz i was running and gunning...

TheBlaza
19th Sep 2004, 01:45
I finally rented SS Nam today for PS2 and this game is awesome..I've noticed the bronze rating at the end of each mission as well..and I can't seem to get a silver or better..I don't go for head shots..I usually shoot off their arms or legs before the head goes...Running and gunning can get you killed in this game..Don't play on easy..Medium or hard...never easy.

ArTsKiLLaRy
19th Sep 2004, 03:05
I mean dont get me wrong i am a tactical player, but in SSN67 your playing against an invisible clock it seems like, i honestly dont like running and gunning, but i didn't do it on all missions it just seemed like it worked out good enough to get me a silver star, a gold star on the other hand i believe you have to have stealth kills, and alot of them...:)

Clumsyorchid
19th Sep 2004, 03:46
You'll notice the totals at the end of the map, say you get a bronze star, below the star are you map stats. On the right of the bronze star is the silver star and the stats required to get that medal. Most of these stats require you to perform under a certain time limit and get a total number of headshots. Notice the differences in key areas, and replay the map to get the better ranks. If you are quick and effective you'll earn the higher ranks. Also, I don't believe stealth kills will earn you better ranks.

d-2-502-101abn
1st Oct 2004, 14:26
[The post that used to be here should be posted on a different forum. Perhaps a more politically oriented one. As this is a game and the topic is on in game medals, please refrain from veering into political discussions. Thanks]

Take point troop and don't get yourself waxed to the max. Geronimo. -- d2

SgtSpecht1234
1st Oct 2004, 22:25
Well, first of all, you should just play through the game as you see fit, so you know what your doing and stuff, THEN after you beat it, go through all the missions and try to get silver and up, its fun! im doing it myself