PDA

View Full Version : not worth it

ssNAM67
18th Sep 2004, 14:34
who else thinks its only worth 20 bucks like the ESPN series?

MikeTR
18th Sep 2004, 14:56
That's the craziest thing I've ever heard! ESPN is totally worth $49.95! LOL I am a little disappointed in ShellShock, but I think it's worth it in the $40 range. If I wasn't so hyped about the game, I should have waited to but it used.....but live and learn!

Throbulator
1st Oct 2004, 02:41
Compared to Call of Duty this game is a total waste of money; no redeeming value at all. Should've read reviews and ignored the commercials.

d-2-502-101abn
1st Oct 2004, 14:00
No redeeming value? Obviously you didn't serve in Vietnam. I have found many "memory" joggers in the game. (The two problems with getting old: first your memory goes .... and I can't remember the second. lol.)

I would point out that, despite a few shortcomings (my biggest two are the AI of the squad and only being able to save at checkpoints) ... not bad for a game of this sort in a vastly under-represented genre.

But to each their own. I'm sure Electronics Boutique will buy it from you and you can spend the money on the new Sims game or something. lol.

Take point troop and don't get yourself waxed to the max. Geronimo. -- d2

RoyalMarineCommando
3rd Oct 2004, 17:17
This game only cost me £15 brand new from www.Play.com (uk site). I heard it wasnt up to much, but im enjoying it.

Its not as good as Call of Duty or MoH, but its still worht playing. Once ive finished, i'll just sell it on eBay and hopefully make £10 or so.

Capt1450
8th Oct 2004, 13:00
yep it sucks compared to the games it is tring to compete with

d-2-502-101abn
8th Oct 2004, 17:40
To generically just say it "sucks" without offering objective criticism does the Eidos people a gross injustice. How can they improve a product with generic bs like that?

Be specific in your complaints, believe me, developers appreciate that. If my customers just told me my eCommerce/eGovernment applications "sucked" without going into specifics, I could never address their issues.

Opinions are like rectums, everyone has one ... now those griefers who just spout off please do everyone a favor and be objective in what you liked/disliked about the game.

And, no, I don't work for Eidos ... but as a developer I do appreciate the hard work that obviously went into this.

richg67
11th Oct 2004, 13:19
I payed $75 to play this game. That includes DVD player.
I was a bit bummed at first but the game has grown on me. There are situations in this game that you just will not find on any other vietnam game. It's a must own for any vietnam enthusiast.

Could wait for the price to drop though. I'm sure it will faster than Call of Duty.

d-2-502-101abn
11th Oct 2004, 14:26
lol ... or the Titanic.

I suppose I could have waited, which is somehting I normally do. But having the dialog and the discussions on the forum would have been delayed; so that aspect has actually compensated for the $49 + tax I shelled out.

And I agree: SSN67 has components I have yet to find in other Vietnam-era games.