PDA

View Full Version : Lockpicks.... Do They Exist?

Nikeon
18th Sep 2004, 00:05
Hi everyone. :)

Okay, I have heard/read very little about these, but do they really exist?
I thought I'd read somewhere (it may have been the game tips on the loading screens during the game, but I cannot remember very clearly)
that you can buy them at fences/stores but I have not seen a single one being sold so far, even as I have now reached the Wieldstrom Museum Mission.

Please help.
:cool:

theBlackman
18th Sep 2004, 00:52
This does not sound like Deadly Shadows. Although I disremember, I do remember Porter Hall and Tesoro as the two buildings in AUDALE museum.

In DS you already have a set. You don't buy them. To check look at your GEAR in the ESC menu. Check and you will see all the upgrades, and any special skills you may have acquired. In ITEMS you will see the miscellaneous goodies, keys, dagger, etc that you have picked up that is not for sale, but help you acomplish things in the game.

So I'll move this to the Missions folder for now, and bring it back if I am in error, which I can be. :D

EDIT after reading the post by uberam I think he is on the right track regarding what you meant to ask, so the bouncing thread has returned to the DS forum.

uberam
18th Sep 2004, 03:28
In T: DS, you start off already having lockpicks. What you can buy are the practice locks upon which you can practice your lockpicking on.

Peter_Smith
18th Sep 2004, 06:35
Originally posted by uberam
In T: DS, you start off already having lockpicks. What you can buy are the practice locks upon which you can practice your lockpicking on.
And there is no need for those, because there are plenty of real locks you can practice on without being detected.

When in doubt read the directions. Do you not have the instructions for the game? Why?

Nikeon
18th Sep 2004, 19:32
Hi again.

Ahh yes, practice locks!. I think that was what I meant to say, I just got it slightly wrong. Sorry about that. :-/
Thanks for pointing that one out ~uberam~ :)

Not much point in buying any practice locks though, since Garrett already has one in his apartment, and like you say....... there are plenty of locks in the game for Garrett to practice on anyway. :)

As for no instructions...... well......
all I can say about that is.......
"bump" *goes off to read the read-me file in the installtion foldrer(s) e.t.c.*

Petestar
20th Sep 2004, 12:57
you can buy practice locks????

I know it says so in the manual, but they aint in any of the shops I ever visited!!

taa2609
20th Sep 2004, 13:20
the practice locks are found on the back shelf in the shops. i dont think there is one in heartless perry's when you first go there however. the first one i found was behind the hammerite church.
tommy.