PDA

View Full Version : amazing

Hitman47
15th Sep 2004, 22:27
its amazing to see how many problems with the pc version ahve been posted but you guys keep persisting in purchasing it... amazing.

ArTsKiLLaRy
15th Sep 2004, 22:37
Correction..There is alot of X-Box problems also...

Clumsyorchid
15th Sep 2004, 22:39
You do understand that the first place you visit when there's a problem is the forums. Considering units sold to posted problems, I'd say there aren't as many problems as you think. Compatability is difficult for any PC game, and problems are bound to occur. I would take a look at any other official forum for any other company after launch and judge on how many problems are reported. I think you'll find that it's pretty standard to see this level of compat issues pop up.

Leroy
15th Sep 2004, 23:30
Hes right. Go look at any other game forum. Especially the day the game comes out. The thing about the pc is its usually the persons fault. Alot of people dont know how to keep their computers running properly.

When Doom3 came out I saw alot of people complaining about texture problems and things and for the most part it turned out that they were using the drivers that came with their card.

Think about it, no one is going to rush to some forum to post how much they love a game the day they get it. Most people are just going to play it. I'm sure they have sold thousands of game today and I just dont see that many problems here.

To prove my point, one guy here didnt even know what a DVD rom was and got mad that the game wouldnt install correctly.

Hitman47
16th Sep 2004, 00:45
never thought of that before. you guys really enlightened me. thank you.

Hitman47
16th Sep 2004, 00:49
Originally posted by ArTsKiLLaRy
Correction..There is alot of X-Box problems also... can you please tell me the problems w/ the xbox version becuase thats the version i plan on getting. also is there downloadable content via xbox live???

ArTsKiLLaRy
16th Sep 2004, 01:47
Its not everyone, people were just complaining that it was happening on PC and X-box!!!Either a bad disk copy or something, the game crashes during certain areas of the game...I am not saying its going to happen to you, but its like happening to random people mostly Euro customers who got the game first:)

P.S Dont worry hitman, i honestly think Euro customers got screwed more big time, cuz it seems like none of them like Shellshock NAM, and the way i see it...Its bad...Talking about floating weapons, etc. So yeah enjoy your copy of shellshock..Latez

Clumsyorchid
16th Sep 2004, 02:04
Originally posted by Hitman47
also is there downloadable content via xbox live???

As I answered in your other thread about online. Shellshock is not an online title, so no, there is no downloadable content on xbox live.

jaywalker2309
16th Sep 2004, 11:17
Originally posted by ArTsKiLLaRy
Its not everyone, people were just complaining that it was happening on PC and X-box!!!Either a bad disk copy or something, the game crashes during certain areas of the game...I am not saying its going to happen to you, but its like happening to random people mostly Euro customers who got the game first:)

P.S Dont worry hitman, i honestly think Euro customers got screwed more big time, cuz it seems like none of them like Shellshock NAM, and the way i see it...Its bad...Talking about floating weapons, etc. So yeah enjoy your copy of shellshock..Latez

Floating weapons etc? that would be the result of a disc not reading properly as the user walks to a new area and the level streams in. Thats a deck/disc issue, not a code issue (if it was then everyone would have that problem and the game wouldn't have got thru microsoft and onto the streets)

Euro customers aren't being screwed at all, and to say none of them like it cos a few people have posted a few complaints on a forum is a major over exaggeration. Its like asking 2 people at Company A if they like competitor Company B and cos they'd both say no u say 100% of US dont like Company B.

:)

Hobbit
16th Sep 2004, 15:01
I am from Europe, I liked the game but there were issues regarding the gameplay.

ACEofSPADES87
16th Sep 2004, 15:26
can't get past mission 8 because everytime I plant a c4 explosive on the giant gas tank it crashes.