PDA

View Full Version : Game installs but won't run

IllSortemOut
15th Sep 2004, 20:10
Every time I try to start the game it tells me there is no disc in the drive. Yes, I have a DVD drive. Tried re-installing too. Same thing. Please help.

ArTsKiLLaRy
15th Sep 2004, 20:18
Are these problems for X-Box? or PC...I dont know much about X-Box, but do they have drives as well?:confused:

jaywalker2309
15th Sep 2004, 20:27
Originally posted by IllSortemOut
Every time I try to start the game it tells me there is no disc in the drive. Yes, I have a DVD drive. Tried re-installing too. Same thing. Please help.

Have you got more then 1 drive? what is the make?

IllSortemOut
15th Sep 2004, 20:53
I actually have two DVD drives, the top one is a Sony, the bottom is a generic drive. Both are DVD drives, the Sony is also a DVD/RW. Both drives will not run the game. Thanks for taking the time to try and help.

jaywalker2309
15th Sep 2004, 21:27
I actually have two DVD drives, the top one is a Sony, the bottom is a generic drive. Both are DVD drives, the Sony is also a DVD/RW. Both drives will not run the game. Thanks for taking the time to try and help.

Do you see a spinning cd cursor appear?

IllSortemOut
15th Sep 2004, 21:48
Yes, I do see the CD cursor, in fact, if I put the DVD in the drive the AutoRun starts, asking me if I want to Play, Install DirectX, Read Me, etc. If I choose any option other than Play the Auto Run options work, except Play. I've also tried running the program from other launch icons.

jaywalker2309
15th Sep 2004, 21:59
Yes, I do see the CD cursor, in fact, if I put the DVD in the drive the AutoRun starts, asking me if I want to Play, Install DirectX, Read Me, etc. If I choose any option other than Play the Auto Run options work, except Play. I've also tried running the program from other launch icons.

So u get the cd cursor then it stops?

Can you do this for me? go to the folder where you installed the game and right click on the exe and select `launch analysis` and follow on screen instructions. This will perform some diagnostics on your optical drive setup and the game. This will create a file which we will need here to diagnose the problem.

When you have that file drop me a pm and i'll sort it out.

suade907
16th Sep 2004, 03:03
I have the exact same problem and you analysis exe set off the no disc inserted too. The doc it created was 25 pages of numbers that I'm sure you don't want to see on here.

How do we fix it, obviously there is a bug in the setup.

jaywalker2309
16th Sep 2004, 11:21
k, its not a bug in the setup, it is the copy protection system detecting something on your pc that has flagged it as `something aint right`therefore it doesn't start up.

If you could PM and i'll give you details of where to send that file and i can get it looked at for you.

In mean time, do you have Nero, Alcohol, CloneCD or anything like that running.