PDA

View Full Version : no luck

Shove
15th Sep 2004, 17:45
well i preordered the game went got it this morning loaded it. and go figure cant play it come here and they say to use nvidia 56.72 well the only problem is that wont work on a 6800 i have tried drivers all the way to 66.31 and nothing. same problem that i see in here already I guess i should have browsed the forums before purchase my bad
i went to tech support and they say nvidia will come out with a new driver but like i said i have tried forceware all the way to 66.31 which can be dled at http://download.guru3d.com/
oh well i hope the game is good for those who can play!!!!!!!
goes off to play cod or jo

Grey Mouser
15th Sep 2004, 18:31
First, it is helpful if you are clear about what is happening on-screen when a game is not working...what exactly happens when you try to play? Black-screen? Crash to desktop? Any error messages? Can you get into the game and you are losing textures? The more information you can give us other than 'It's not working!' the better.

Have you tried using DirectX 9.0c (the game ships with 9.0b) with the current Official release drivers from nVidia? Other users have reported that this will correct the graphics issues seen with the combination of DirectX 9.0b and the current nVidia drivers.

If you have not yet installed 9.0c, I'd suggest giving it a try, in conjunction with the current .61.77 GeForce drivers, rather than any Beta drivers.

Note that it is ACTUALLY IMPORTANT to follow the installation instructions for vid card drivers, otherwise strange problems can and will occur...basically, uninstall any and all older drivers, restart Windows, install the driver you want to, restart Windows again, then try the game again.

If that does not help, then the next release of nVidia's drivers should correct any graphics issues you are seeing.

Shove
15th Sep 2004, 18:41
Yes I have 9.0c and had the 61.77 drivers.
I am getting texture issues bad the only thing that shows up is th compass and rank insignia think all the rest is garbeled textures.
Other users have reported that this will correct the graphics issues seen with the combination of DirectX 9.0b and the current nVidia drivers are they using 6800 vid cards.
I did not see any post in this forums to say they work on 6800 cards the only one i seen is it doesnot work. i may be mistaken though. any help will be appreciated.

Grey Mouser
15th Sep 2004, 19:00
I am pretty sure we tested it on the GF 6800 here, and encountered the same type of problem you are seeing. I'll double-check, only have a GF 5900 Ultra at the moment.

I'll post back here with any information I find.

Shove
15th Sep 2004, 19:08
thx

jaywalker2309
15th Sep 2004, 20:37
The 61.77 drivers are the known problem drivers..

We are working with nvidia to sort out this problem.

Some people have found drivers which work but they are beta so not perfect solution.

gixxer
15th Sep 2004, 22:06
I am also having problems , but with a 9800pro vid card.Its not overclocked and is on app. preference. Im using 4.9 drivers, dx9.c , and tried numerous configs. My FPS seems good , but I get a fuzzieness (almost like a television with no signal and low opacity) over the screen.

jaywalker2309
15th Sep 2004, 22:08
Originally posted by gixxer
I am also having problems , but with a 9800pro vid card.Its not overclocked and is on app. preference. Im using 4.9 drivers, dx9.c , and tried numerous configs. My FPS seems good , but I get a fuzzieness (almost like a television with no signal and low opacity) over the screen.

Could you get a screenshot?

Clumsyorchid
15th Sep 2004, 22:13
Sounds like the noise filter to me

jaywalker2309
15th Sep 2004, 22:16
Originally posted by Clumsyorchid
Sounds like the noise filter to me

was thinking that but it shouldnt look `bad`

gixxer
16th Sep 2004, 01:09
First I forgot to say great game. Noise; yes, thats the word I was looking for. It has noise. Im not sure you would see it in a screenshot, because no it does not look terrible. Is there somthing I can do for the noise filter? Im not sure what or where that is. Also AA and AF seem to have no effect. Is that normal for this game? Thanks guys.

gixxer
16th Sep 2004, 01:19
Wanted to add. I use an LCD monitor and winxp sp2

Clumsyorchid
16th Sep 2004, 02:01
Post a screenshot just so we can confirm it's not a graphical issue. :)

gixxer
16th Sep 2004, 03:05
yes, Its visible here. in game it moves around. These screens dont show the noise on the ground or on the player that well. Its blended in, but when the noise is moving around it shows. The tents and the windshield show it a little more up close.
http://www.imagehosting.us/himages/ihnp-12459thumb.jpg (http://www.imagehosting.us/?id=12459&type=viewpic)http://www.imagehosting.us/himages/ihnp-12464thumb.jpg (http://www.imagehosting.us/?id=12464&type=viewpic)

jaywalker2309
16th Sep 2004, 11:11
K that is the noise filter, you can disable this within the ini file in your shellshock folder under my docs. Set post filter to off

Playing on a LCD screen maybe making it appear worse then it should be.

gixxer
16th Sep 2004, 21:41
TOD_PC.ini/PostRenderEffects= off ? Right? May have helped a little ,but its not gone. Thanks, regaurdless.