PDA

View Full Version : Here is some good info on shellshock.

TheBlaza
15th Sep 2004, 01:27
In Shellshock: Nam '67 the Viet Cong have pretty good AI. Each time the game is played the AI will react differently, which gave us a fluid reactionary experience. Enemy AI will use the dense jungle environment to their advantage. As mentioned above they will try to ambush you, they will also move from cover to cover, call for help and try to hide and on some levels use suicide bombers to try and take you out. But the most overwhelming tactic they use is attack in numbers.

Enemies are also quite hard to kill, shoot them in the leg and they still keep coming albeit slower. Despite the fact that the enemy has good AI developers forgot to do the same with your squad mates who will often lag behind you and let you take care of the enemy by yourself.
|
|
..I like taking on armies by myself..Think about it this way your squad members will be there just for more stuff..You see one of your squad is blown to ****..take their grenades and weapon..if your low on ammo.
|
|
Character models look good quite and have excellent rag doll physics and you get the impression that you've just killed a real person. You will also notice that some bodies will only be injured, and then you can execute them. Which goes against the Geneva Convention but remember, your in the Nam now.

ArTsKiLLaRy
15th Sep 2004, 05:59
Ok i like the sound of that...This is an official thought about the game right? This aint no BS?:)

TheBlaza
15th Sep 2004, 07:07
Yes,they are official thoughts.

TheBlaza
15th Sep 2004, 07:07
Yes,they are official thoughts.

Hobbit
15th Sep 2004, 12:15
Squad memebrs arent blown to bits and you cant take their stuff, they are wounded for several seconds then they get up and start shooting again like nothing happened.

I want larger platoons and med evacs!

ArTsKiLLaRy
15th Sep 2004, 14:02
Would be an extra plus if you could call in a bird, but only at random times, because you know how they say that a "bird wont be available" cuz blah blah...

Evo_Elite
15th Sep 2004, 23:51
You're so full of it, that ain't really your review! I've seen those same sentences in a million previews!

ArTsKiLLaRy
16th Sep 2004, 04:33
Correction Evo if you read his thread title it says "Here is some good info on shellshock" Meaning yes he did get them off reviews! He was posting it to let us know the scoop of the game...

vivatforx
16th Sep 2004, 06:47
it seems that the joe shmoe guys in your units can die, its just the guys who play a role in the game get back up. i dont mind it anyway. there are a whole lot more "charlies" than us soldiers.

i love the enemy ai. they can be pretty smart at times.