PDA

View Full Version : Overlooked something

ACEofSPADES87
12th Sep 2004, 02:57
I can't believe I overlooked this while playing, But why is the M16A2 in the game instead of the M16A1?

here (http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/shellshocknam67/screens.html?page=118)

TheBlaza
12th Sep 2004, 04:04
Its not suppose to be completely accurate on what models of the M16 to use..they used the best looking and best all around.

ACEofSPADES87
12th Sep 2004, 16:24
Ya but the m16A2 wasn't around till the 80's. Researchers for this game, made a huge foul up.

TheBlaza
12th Sep 2004, 17:39
Hey..THEY only used the model that "Looked" the best..The sound and the rate of fire is still the m16a1.

ACEofSPADES87
12th Sep 2004, 17:53
YES BUT that's not how ThE M16 LOOKED DURING THE WAR!!

IT's CRAZZY!! This Game IS SUpposed to be AUTHENTIC. why would they just pick what looked the bast, that's the stupidest thing I heard ever.

SgtSpecht1234
12th Sep 2004, 17:56
maybe they just over looked it a bit, because from what i know, the A2 model was used in the late 60's, but i dunno, im probably wrong

ACEofSPADES87
12th Sep 2004, 18:12
nope A2 was used during the 80's to present time.

the A1 is what you referring to. Which came out late '67. It boggles the mind.

SgtSpecht1234
12th Sep 2004, 18:16
I thought the A1 model came out in early 60's and then A2 in late 60's but W/E i dunno, a gun's a gun

ACEofSPADES87
12th Sep 2004, 18:25
ya but the guns look totally different. Oh well, guerilla screwed up, mistakes happen. They just got the gun wrong..thats it. An 8 year old could've done better research for the game.

SgtSpecht1234
12th Sep 2004, 18:26
they tried man, you gotta give 'em credit, i mean, NO game is completely 100% accurate ya know

ACEofSPADES87
13th Sep 2004, 01:34
Ya but most games have minor innacuracy, Every Vietnam historian, buff, and every other person who watches Vietnam war films know what guns were used. I mean, it's the M16..one of the most well-known rifles known to the U.S.

SgtSpecht1234
13th Sep 2004, 02:30
Aw boo-hoo, they got a few guns wrong so what! At least they tried to get the feel of the Era of the game! We should just have fun! not tear and chew this game apart for such a small thing!

ACEofSPADES87
13th Sep 2004, 03:02
I know what your saying, but I'd rather have it be authentic than anything else. After studying much about the Vietnam war as I have, I don't think you'll be able to understand how big of a mistake it is to have a gun in a game that won't be created until 20 years later than when the game takes place.

TheBlaza
13th Sep 2004, 04:02
Man shut up already..ITS THE SAME GUN..Who gives a **** about what model.

ACEofSPADES87
13th Sep 2004, 17:22
Dude you shut up, I wasn't talking to you in the first place. Mind your own god damn business.

And I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one cares what model it is. so stfu *****.

TheBlaza
13th Sep 2004, 18:27
Its just a game..and its not like they replaced the m16 with a COMPLETELY different weapon..There is such a small difference between a1 and a2..so who cares..oh yeah..you.

Hitman47
13th Sep 2004, 22:30
for realisms sake they should have put the a1 but whos gonna look at the guns over looking at charlies brains spilled out all over the floor? there are a lot of little flaws like that such as the trademark on the colt M1911. colt is spelled with a K instead of a C. the reason they used the m16a2 might have been because they didnt have rights to the a1? thats the only logical explination if you ask me.

ArTsKiLLaRy
14th Sep 2004, 00:42
I dont give a crap, im gonna use the M-14 more anyways LoL...SOOOOO BICKER ALL YOU WANT CUZ IM GETTING THE DAMN GAME TOMORROW REGARDLESS....Payce!

P.S. A2 model had the bigger rounds anyways...

ACEofSPADES87
14th Sep 2004, 17:25
Originally posted by TheBlaza
Ummm..Yes you are you dumb ****..Its just a game..and its not like they replaced the m16 with a COMPLETELY different weapon..There is such a small difference between a1 and a2..so who cares..oh yeah..you.

[Edited for content]

TheBlaza
14th Sep 2004, 17:39
lofl..Moderator please boot Ace off of this message board..he's immature..he's very ignorant..and he must be a little book nerd because he is so butt hurt because SS used the wrong model of the m16..boooooo hooooooo!..

[Edited]

Clumsyorchid
14th Sep 2004, 17:56
I can't understand why you guys can't just talk like normal people and discuss stuff without resorting to bad language and personal attacks. It's not like this is at all a big issue in the large scheme of things. Everyone on this forum should take some time and read the TOU. You can find it here:

Terms of Use (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1)

I would pay close attention to these sections:

No Attacks / Retaliation of any kind against a member, or group of members. You will not harass, threaten, embarrass, or do anything else to another Member or guest that is unwanted. This means: don't say bad things about them, don't keep sending them unwanted messages, don't attack their race, sexual orientation, religion, heritage, etc.

No abusive language. You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this Forum to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law. Hate speech is not tolerated. We will not tolerate abuse upon another member!

And most importantly:

If you don't like these rules, please don't post. If you break these rules, we reserve the right to revoke your posting privileges. Remember, posting here is a privilege and not a right.

TheBlaza
14th Sep 2004, 18:42
I apologize Clums,I have a short fuse for people I don't like..such as whiners...Maybe when they whine about something worth wasting breath on I won't insult them..A small flaming was what was needed to show Ace that his bickering is pointless and that no one cares about such a small detail..If I would have told him nicely no one cares,he would not of stopped his bickering..I apologize again and this thread is dead.

ACEofSPADES87
17th Sep 2004, 00:15
lol.

policeofficer971
17th Sep 2004, 01:03
actualy you all are wrong, in vietnam the m16 blah blah crap you guys argued about was wrong...the "m16" was actualy the AR-15

TheBlaza
17th Sep 2004, 01:18
lol also

Clumsyorchid
17th Sep 2004, 01:34
I knew I should have locked this sooner. I edited yer posts. Keep the bad language off the boards or don't bother posting here. We don't need flame wars in the public forum. Use PM if you want to argue needlessly.