PDA

View Full Version : demoo?? when?

igfan
11th Sep 2004, 14:27
Does anyone knows when we will have the first demo? Is very early to talk about a demo? I hope very soon.

----------------------------------------
http://www.imperialgloryfans.tk

Ragnar_NZ
12th Sep 2004, 18:11
Possibly just before it gets released. ;)

WHich is reportedly Spring 2005.

Arctic_Wolf
12th Sep 2004, 22:43
That is if they even decide to make one, its very hard to put just enough in a demo. Too much and you may feel the games been spoilt or go off it, too little and you think that the game will be crap. Many devs may just decide its not worth the bother and concentrate on other things. I don't know much about Pyro and their mentality towards this though, maybe Vic will come along and answer this later.

Lonewulf44
14th Sep 2004, 13:54
I realize the difficulty, but I think benifits outweight those...I hope to see a demo ASAP.

Long Live Prussia!

sick
14th Sep 2004, 14:01
It would be cool if we could play what they showed at Gamestars Live!!

Willmore
15th Sep 2004, 04:50
What are the benefits ?

Only to give US something, not to improve the game.

Arctic_Wolf
15th Sep 2004, 17:53
I suppose the benefits would be that the game may reach a wider audience, however, what if the demo is crap. If it is then people will walk away thinking that the full game will be crap it could therefore mean even less people will buy the game than if there had not been a demo.

Thats why I'm not a great fan of demos, I'd much rather get the full game and use one of the x-day any reason return policies if I don't like it.

Champagne
16th Sep 2004, 03:39
I would rather tham work on providing more content for the full game, more replayability, and meeting the release date, than giving a multiplayer or singleplayer demo to the free loaders.