PDA

View Full Version : KillZone...

b3nje
11th Sep 2004, 09:58
Is everyone hoping Guerilla do alot better job with KillZone than they did with shellshock?

Cause I certainly am....

AgentOrange_section8
11th Sep 2004, 13:06
word up:p

Hitman47
11th Sep 2004, 16:41
killzone is going to be the best FPS. i think its gonna be neck and neck w/ halo 2. if either of those games are better than the other im sure it wont be by much.

Clumsyorchid
11th Sep 2004, 16:46
Why does Halo set the bar for FPS games, what specifically would a game need to actually be a "halo killer?" I'm curious what your opinions are on the matter.

Hitman47
11th Sep 2004, 17:00
gameplay, multiplayer,FPS(frames per second),graphics,controls,CONTENT,amount of "stuff you can do", theres a lot that halo has that other fps's dont. when i say that i mean all in one. thats just my opinion. its kinda hard to put to words.

Clumsyorchid
11th Sep 2004, 17:15
IMO Halo is pretty standard fare for FPS games. Although, it is one of the better FPS games on console. To me the stand out elements of Halo is the art style and the enemy/friendly AI. That makes the game much more believeable. I guess level size also should be noted, as most console FPS games don't have such a large playing field. So from what you've seen in Killzone, you feel that the game is on par with the experience to be offered by Halo? Killzone is a PS2 exclusive title and will most likely not have the large playing areas. The art style looks good, but nowhere near the amount of detail as Halo, an xbox title. I'm just curious if you can tell me specifically what makes Killzone a title that will best or even closely match a game like Halo. Everyone tosses around the "Halo Killer" name when talking about their FPS title. I personally don't see elements in these games that will actually dethrone the title. Your thoughts?

Hitman47
12th Sep 2004, 00:05
Originally posted by Clumsyorchid
IMO Halo is pretty standard fare for FPS games. Although, it is one of the better FPS games on console. To me the stand out elements of Halo is the art style and the enemy/friendly AI. That makes the game much more believeable. I guess level size also should be noted, as most console FPS games don't have such a large playing field. So from what you've seen in Killzone, you feel that the game is on par with the experience to be offered by Halo? Killzone is a PS2 exclusive title and will most likely not have the large playing areas. The art style looks good, but nowhere near the amount of detail as Halo, an xbox title. I'm just curious if you can tell me specifically what makes Killzone a title that will best or even closely match a game like Halo. Everyone tosses around the "Halo Killer" name when talking about their FPS title. I personally don't see elements in these games that will actually dethrone the title. Your thoughts? well to start off... the game looks fantastic. the AI is very believable. as for level size...i havent seen enough of the game footage to say anything meaningful other than the level design is amazing. the amount of detail put into the weapons and animations and particles is also mind boggling. the fact that you get to choose between 3 soldiers is also pretty cool. you also get to battle along with friendly AI and/or a friend. the game is online which is definetley a plus. the controls are very similar to halo and i believe you can lean from behind cover to shoot at the enemy. despite the fact that the game is in an early build it just looks to be an amazing game all the way around. the reason it doesnt look as good as halo is because of the hardware used. the xbox is 3 times as powerful as a ps2. also to clarify i said that the game could match halo/halo 2 and possibly be better. i didnt say that it was going to be better. i did however say that if it was better or halo2 was better that it would be just about neck and neck cuz i must say that halo 2 looks very promising and im happy that i have both consoles so i get to play both:D

b3nje
12th Sep 2004, 00:18
I bought a Xbox purly for halo. and I dont regret it at all.

Considering halo is nearly 3 years old. it looks and plays like most top line games today.
But I also think the physics engine is awesome, they way bodies, guns, grenades fly through the air...

tho I did find Halo to start getting a little repetative and boring towards the middle (its pretty linear I think) it is still a awesome game.