PDA

View Full Version : An unhappy customer

Doomsday666
10th Sep 2004, 02:28
" Forget Honor, Forget Medals..." and what? Remember Shellshock? Really guys, I bought the game today and I'm at the "Defend the Fort" mission, and so far...
I think that it could been much better.
When i first read about this game, I became very excited about the idea of a rellistic horror-war story in the Vietnam but so far this is the biggest dissapointment ever.
The only 3 things that I like are our character design, the jungle levels ( it was better if we could move freely in the terrain and jump to rocks, etc) and some of the movies.
The death animations are terrible, the sounds of the firearms are not real, the graphics for the mounted machine gun are very straight, the squads lacks tactics and AI, they keep jumping to the line of fire.
With the present PC tech. there's no need of a game like this.
I hope that when I advance more into the game some things will get better, I hope.
Really after games like Hitman Contracts and Thief3, how Eidos could let this game come out like that.
I am very dissapointed.

Doomsday666

PS: sorry for my English, it's a bit rusty
:( :( :(

Hitman47
10th Sep 2004, 03:30
Originally posted by Doomsday666
" Forget Honor, Forget Medals..." and what? Remember Shellshock? Really guys, I bought the game today and I'm at the "Defend the Fort" mission, and so far...
I think that it could been much better.
When i first read about this game, I became very excited about the idea of a rellistic horror-war story in the Vietnam but so far this is the biggest dissapointment ever.
The only 3 things that I like are our character design, the jungle levels ( it was better if we could move freely in the terrain and jump to rocks, etc) and some of the movies.
The death animations are terrible, the sounds of the firearms are not real, the graphics for the mounted machine gun are very straight, the squads lacks tactics and AI, they keep jumping to the line of fire.
With the present PC tech. there's no need of a game like this.
I hope that when I advance more into the game some things will get better, I hope.
Really after games like Hitman Contracts and Thief3, how Eidos could let this game come out like that.
I am very dissapointed.

Doomsday666

PS: sorry for my English, it's a bit rusty
:( :( :( UK PC version?

Doomsday666
10th Sep 2004, 09:17
Yep, UK PC version

Hitman47
10th Sep 2004, 19:34
ill get back to you next tuesday when i get the US XBOX version. so far tho ive only heard wonderous things about it. so i can only hope for the best.

RTN
11th Sep 2004, 02:11
Yeh, this game really aint all that.

Let downs...

1st bummer i notice when i actually got to play was the huge mofo to crosshair you got, i mean its unbeliveble huge (yikes,ugly).

2nd bummer is how you aim your gun, weapon looks horrible up close (fps upclose that is).
It dosnt really look like one is aiming, u have ur m16 or whatever down by your hip when you aim (fps like)... Ugly tbh.

3rd was how i got stuck in every tiny crate/ledge i ran into (AA gun mission example).
Couldnt even get up a tiny ledge i ran into which my trooper was taller, or higher then.. grr.

4th has to be the hole damage system like, it takes soooo many bullets just to finish off 1-2 VCs, i can easily use up to 4 mags on 3-4 guys. :- (

5th, i know the VCs had a rep for storming US troops in large numbers without regard of their own life..
So i gues i got nothing there, they do storm without considering their own life in this game (and in large numbers to)!

6th. AI plain and simple suck (both sides), end of story..

Graphic is alright, special your own troops & surroundings, so forth. Tho all that fansy high tall grass does abseloutely nada to me, they still see me unless its on a night mission (where they will still see me, just in a "hear see me type of thing". The gore, well gore and gore, if this is "hardcore gore" that everyone has been talking about then "you" (not you you, edios?) have obvisouly not seen/played Manhunt (now thats bloody gore!). Ragdolls, nada ragdoll effect in this game, boreing to see em get shoot to be honest.

As doomsday said:When i first read about this game, I became very excited about the idea of a rellistic horror-war story in the Vietnam but so far this is the biggest dissapointment ever.

I totally agree on that, hasnt seen anything that remotely sounds like their describtion of this game (forget honor, medals ect, its bull!).

Sound, i got nothing on sound..
Every war game sound the same to me :- p

Any ups to this game?
The main base is pretty cool to have and walk about, plus you get to do the rabbit style with the local girls. But thats about it for the base.
Ingame movie cuts are nicely don aswell, and as mention i think the graphic is pretty cool to - expect when you go into fps mode (aim), guns & hands then become really nasty to look at.

My tiny review of what i had hoped to be a sweet & neat game, but turned out to be nothing like the game "describe" itself to be..

6.7 out of a 10.

Sorry Edios, better luck next time.