PDA

View Full Version : Conflict Vietnam And Shellshock Released In Europe... What About Us!!?

Ware
9th Sep 2004, 11:30
Conflict Vietnam was released in europe in Early september.. and so was Shellshock. Both of them arnt even in US yet! I really wont be looking forward to Conflict Vietnam, i got my heart set on Shellshock. NOW ALL WE HAVE TO WAIT FOR IS MEN OF VALOR. THATS GONNA BE RELEASED IN US FIRST!!! CANT WAIT!

RTN
9th Sep 2004, 11:46
Okaaay, i keep reading "what about USers, we want first bla bla"..

Way over half the gaming market comes from the US, 98% of the time the US gets the first kick of a game, while us in europe will wait another week or two, gah get over yourselfs.

So lets just take a chill pill on the "we want first, cuz it was our war back then" (someone actually said that in another thread /sigh).

Ware
9th Sep 2004, 11:50
Well.. Shellshock is about Vietnam, Europe didnt fight in Vietnam at all, US did. So they should get the first chance of the game.

Hobbit
9th Sep 2004, 11:54
Originally posted by Ware
Well.. Shellshock is about Vietnam, Europe didnt fight in Vietnam at all, US did. So they should get the first chance of the game.

Tssss...

And hobbits should get The Hobbit first.

Italy should get all the games about the Roman empire first.

Get over it! A game is released when it is released and where it is released.

RTN
9th Sep 2004, 12:02
Actually i belive i read some where that the french were fighting VCs long befor the US did (See - "We Were Soldiers" - Mel Gibson). I could be way wrong ofcourse and way of course, but i can honestly say i dont care, game was made in europe there for we get to taste it first (we all love war games, right?), and the war is over down there. Plus there is really nothing to be excited about when saying "it was our war", i think we all know by now that the Vietnam war was not US finest moment...

But i think we got alittle sidetracked here, this is after all just a game.
And am sorry if i offend'd you or anyone else by saying what i said, its just the hole "we want first" thing that annoys me.

CKY1709
9th Sep 2004, 19:55
Originally posted by RTN
Actually i belive i read some where that the french were fighting VCs long befor the US did (See - "We Were Soldiers" - Mel Gibson). I could be way wrong ofcourse and way of course, but i can honestly say i dont care, game was made in europe there for we get to taste it first (we all love war games, right?), and the war is over down there. Plus there is really nothing to be excited about when saying "it was our war", i think we all know by now that the Vietnam war was not US finest moment...

But i think we got alittle sidetracked here, this is after all just a game.
And am sorry if i offend'd you or anyone else by saying what i said, its just the hole "we want first" thing that annoys me.
Actually with KIA 20 to 1 in favor of the U.S whats not fine about that.... the us soldiers did the best they could but damn hippies lowered their self esteem and moral. The French werent involved with in the Vietnam war so i dont know what your thinking, this is a U.S. war game based on the AMERICAN vietnam war NOT The French INDOCHINA War.... So dont bring the French into this because everywar since napoleon has been frances most dissapointing moments.

TheBlaza
9th Sep 2004, 20:11
Yes the French did fight the VC first,There was a French battalion that went to help the southern cong way before the US went to Nam..And every last Frenchman was ripped to piles of bone and flesh..The tactics the VC used were very new to everyone especially the French..they were slaughtered.

ACEofSPADES87
9th Sep 2004, 20:55
Originally posted by CKY1709
Actually with KIA 20 to 1 in favor of the U.S whats not fine about that.... the us soldiers did the best they could but damn hippies lowered their self esteem and moral. The French werent involved with in the Vietnam war so i dont know what your thinking, this is a U.S. war game based on the AMERICAN vietnam war NOT The French INDOCHINA War.... So dont bring the French into this because everywar since napoleon has been frances most dissapointing moments.

Technically the Vietnam war was part of the Indochina War. Indochina being in the southeast Asia area.

CKY1709
9th Sep 2004, 21:01
Originally posted by TheBlaza
Yes the French did fight the VC first,There was a French battalion that went to help the southern cong way before the US went to Nam..And every last Frenchman was ripped to piles of bone and flesh..The tactics the VC used were very new to everyone especially the French..they were slaughtered. well even the french had a kia rate of 10 to 1 in their favor

RTN
9th Sep 2004, 21:40
Please dont tell me you base a win/war on KIA?

And as i said, i dont really care about whos war it was, or who won, or how many KIAs there were. Its in the past, and it was not something to brag about to be honest. It was merly a point to thouse who keep saying "it was our war, there for we have 1st right on this game", now that just plain and simple annoys me. Europeans in Vietnam or not, game was made in europe (it was made in europe right?) as its release in europe to begin with (market is closer, eh).

well even the french had a kia rate of 10 to 1 in their favor

Clumsyorchid
9th Sep 2004, 21:43
Yep, game was developed in Europe.

Hitman47
9th Sep 2004, 22:09
Well.. Shellshock is about Vietnam, Europe didnt fight in Vietnam at all, US did. So they should get the first chance of the game. the game was made in europe they should get it first . end of story

Hitman47
9th Sep 2004, 22:11
o and the french were in vietnam. check up on your history. they were the ones who actually started the fighting too. remeber vietnam was under french colonial rule...... it was their war just as much as it was ours.

TheBlaza
9th Sep 2004, 22:15
Yes exactly.

CKY1709
10th Sep 2004, 02:32
well the french left before we got there so it was a complete differnt war... the war with the french was struggle for independence.. the war against the U.S. was a fight to join North and South.... So they were two completely different wars.

CKY1709
10th Sep 2004, 02:36
Originally posted by RTN
Please dont tell me you base a win/war on KIA?

And as i said, i dont really care about whos war it was, or who won, or how many KIAs there were. Its in the past, and it was not something to brag about to be honest. It was merly a point to thouse who keep saying "it was our war, there for we have 1st right on this game", now that just plain and simple annoys me. Europeans in Vietnam or not, game was made in europe (it was made in europe right?) as its release in europe to begin with (market is closer, eh).
No i just said that its not like they got thier butts kicked because they didnt. You said something like it wasnt the U.S.'s finest moment.... The US fought very well in vietnam... so in my eyes we may have one the battle but not the war... i dont know if that makes any sense to anyone?

Hitman47
10th Sep 2004, 03:39
No i just said that its not like they got thier butts kicked because they didnt. You said something like it wasnt the U.S.'s finest moment.... The US fought very well in vietnam... so in my eyes we may have one the battle but not the war... i dont know if that makes any sense to anyone? makes sense to me.

ACEofSPADES87
10th Sep 2004, 21:56
No i just said that its not like they got thier butts kicked because they didnt. You said something like it wasnt the U.S.'s finest moment.... The US fought very well in vietnam... so in my eyes we may have one the battle but not the war... i dont know if that makes any sense to anyone?

ya exactly