PDA

View Full Version : Confirmed problems with Nvidia drivers

Jumpin_Jebus
7th Sep 2004, 20:41
It has been confirmed by our esteemed compatiblity dude in the UK that all post 56.72 drivers released by Nvidia is the cause of most of the graphic problems that exist in SSN'67, on Nvidia GeForce cards.

He has informed me that the errors listed in other threads have been recreated using the current 61.77 Nvidia driver.

Now, before everyone goes off again, be happy in the knowledge that the upcoming 65.73 drivers do in fact correct the problems. It has just recently passed WHQL certification, and hopefully it should be released fairly soon. :)

Also, I request that all folks experiencing similar problems due to Nvidia drivers post in this thread. Please do NOT start a new thread. This will make it much easier for us here at Eidos U.S. and UK to track this problem! Cheers!:D

~The Jebus

Hitman47
7th Sep 2004, 21:10
thats exactly why i hate pc games. always problems and it takes a long time for them to be fixed. i guess im the only smart one who would just get the xbox version and not have to worry about these stupid issues. youd also think that after holding the game back for so long they would have fixed them by now or at least have a patch out.....

Jumpin_Jebus
7th Sep 2004, 21:19
Keep in mind that this problem did not appear in testing, other than minor problems here and there. It's likely Nvidia changed the driver after we had done testing on it. I don't know for sure though, I'm not a tester or compatiblity guy, I just give information as I receive it.

However, you do make a valid point. Any game released on console goes through a much more rigorous testing cycle from both the publisher/developer end and the console manufacturer side. BUT, keep in mind, consoles only have 1 specific hardware configuration, with a few minor alterations here and there over the years. God only knows how many different PC system configurations are out there. You simply can't test on all of them.

MadMedic
7th Sep 2004, 23:57
Like I mentioned in another thread, 61.76 has actually made the graphics engine more stable on my machine whereas 56.64 caused some graphics problems and sometimes crashes to desktop.

The combination of DirectX9.0c and 61.76 seems to be working for me, I can imagine though that other people might have problems. 61.76 by the way is WHQL certified and .77 isn't.

Allways check, that you have nothing. And I mean absolutely nothing running in the background. No firewalls, no virusscanners nothing. When I start the game all I have running is the explorer and the systray.

And I run Win98SE, an operating system no longer officially supported. But IMHO the most stable OS next to XP w/sp2

jaywalker2309
8th Sep 2004, 00:06
Originally posted by Jumpin_Jebus
Keep in mind that this problem did not appear in testing, other than minor problems here and there. It's likely Nvidia changed the driver after we had done testing on it. I don't know for sure though, I'm not a tester or compatiblity guy, I just give information as I receive it.

However, you do make a valid point. Any game released on console goes through a much more rigorous testing cycle from both the publisher/developer end and the console manufacturer side. BUT, keep in mind, consoles only have 1 specific hardware configuration, with a few minor alterations here and there over the years. God only knows how many different PC system configurations are out there. You simply can't test on all of them.

Compatibility sounds such a simple thing on the surface, but its amazingly complex underneath :)

jaywalker2309
8th Sep 2004, 00:12
Originally posted by MadMedic
Like I mentioned in another thread, 61.76 has actually made the graphics engine more stable on my machine whereas 56.64 caused some graphics problems and sometimes crashes to desktop.

The combination of DirectX9.0c and 61.76 seems to be working for me, I can imagine though that other people might have problems. 61.76 by the way is WHQL certified and .77 isn't.

Allways check, that you have nothing. And I mean absolutely nothing running in the background. No firewalls, no virusscanners nothing. When I start the game all I have running is the explorer and the systray.

And I run Win98SE, an operating system no longer officially supported. But IMHO the most stable OS next to XP w/sp2

98 drivers and 2k/xp drivers have been out of `sync` for a while now when it comes to official drivers from nVidia.

Thanks for the info tho bout 9c tho, always handy to know it does work for people :)

Jumpin_Jebus
8th Sep 2004, 17:50
JW-

I fully understand the unimaginable rigours you must go through for every single Eidos UK and US release. I hope I did not imply differently in my previous message. I can tell you with all honesty that Grey Mouser and I here in CS/TS truly appreciate the work you do. Muchas Gracias! :D

ahem...some of you other folks might want to thank this guy for the incredible hours he puts in to make sure your favorite Eidos games will actually work on your PC. :)

I'd love to stay and chat, but I'm off to our company picnic! Margaritaville!!! Oh yeah baby! :p

jaywalker2309
9th Sep 2004, 09:53
Originally posted by Jumpin_Jebus
JW-

I fully understand the unimaginable rigours you must go through for every single Eidos UK and US release. I hope I did not imply differently in my previous message. I can tell you with all honesty that Grey Mouser and I here in CS/TS truly appreciate the work you do. Muchas Gracias! :D

ahem...some of you other folks might want to thank this guy for the incredible hours he puts in to make sure your favorite Eidos games will actually work on your PC. :)

I'd love to stay and chat, but I'm off to our company picnic! Margaritaville!!! Oh yeah baby! :p

Oh it was just a comment hehe :)

Bit more info. Have spoken with nVidia re next drivers etc. It appears to be an issue with the video memory manager within the current released drivers (61.77).

As a possible quick fix, ie if you dont want to change your drivers to either latest beta, or backdate to 56.72. Try Alt-Tabbing to desktop, then tabbing back in when the texturing problem is occuring. This will cause the video memory to be re sorted and correct the texturing problem (note - it isn't a 100% guarenteed fix, but something you could try)

Jumpin_Jebus
9th Sep 2004, 15:20
Good advice my friend. I will get an FAQ prepared for Shellshock's launch in 5 DAYS! Thanks again Jaycw! :D

~Jebus

ch3cooh
9th Sep 2004, 16:18
Originally posted by Hitman47
i guess im the only smart one who would just get the xbox version and not have to worry about these stupid issues.

The only stupid issue are xbox-graphics....guess you where one of the "smart ones" who got Doom 3 on xbox....I prefer a high-end PC....

Seafort
10th Sep 2004, 03:58
the only driver that works with shellshock and my geforce 6800 GT is det 62.20 beta.

ive tried quite a few drivers and not even the official drivers work.

i hope this helps others with their problems.

Shove
15th Sep 2004, 18:07
well i preordered the game went got it this morning loaded it. and go figure cant play it come here and they say to use nvidia 56.72 well the only problem is that wont work on a 6800 i have tried drivers all the way to 66.31 and nothing. same problem that i see in here already I guess i should have browsed the forums before purchase my bad
i went to tech support and they say nvidia will come out with a new driver but like i said i have tried forceware all the way to 66.31 which can be dled at http://download.guru3d.com/
oh well i hope the game is good for those who can play!!!!!!!
goes off to play cod or jo

jaywalker2309
15th Sep 2004, 18:09
Originally posted by Shove
well i preordered the game went got it this morning loaded it. and go figure cant play it come here and they say to use nvidia 56.72 well the only problem is that wont work on a 6800 i have tried drivers all the way to 66.31 and nothing. same problem that i see in here already I guess i should have browsed the forums before purchase my bad
i went to tech support and they say nvidia will come out with a new driver but like i said i have tried forceware all the way to 66.31 which can be dled at http://download.guru3d.com/
oh well i hope the game is good for those who can play!!!!!!!
goes off to play cod or jo

We are working with nVidia to get a resolution to the driver issue.

Shove
15th Sep 2004, 19:00
the problems i am having is like this screen shot i can see the rank and compass right after the intro movie when the game starts jinda like that picture but not at the same place in the game but same general problem
http://img14.exs.cx/img14/9682/Unbenannt43.jpg

specs PNY 6800 ULTRA, 1024 PC 3200, P4 3.4, AUDIGY 2 ZS

jaywalker2309
15th Sep 2004, 20:22
Originally posted by Shove
the problems i am having is like this screen shot i can see the rank and compass right after the intro movie when the game starts jinda like that picture but not at the same place in the game but same general problem
http://img14.exs.cx/img14/9682/Unbenannt43.jpg

specs PNY 6800 ULTRA, 1024 PC 3200, P4 3.4, AUDIGY 2 ZS

That is the issue we addressing.

OafyC
17th Sep 2004, 08:24
65.73 WHQL does not fix the problem, in fact, it makes it worse. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v450/OafyC/screen.jpg

OafyC
17th Sep 2004, 18:56
I fixed the problem on my computer by turning detail to medium and turning shadows off, maybe that will work for others.

Edit: Well, it fixed it at one part, now it's back.

Anders
19th Sep 2004, 03:01
Any idea when the 65.73 drivers will be released? I'm running a GeForceFX 5600 and so far the graphics work fine, but I keep crashing to the desktop with no warning as to what went wrong.

systek
19th Sep 2004, 07:11
OafyC,

Switching off Shadows has fixed my level 3 black-hole/lock up problem. However in the background on the horizon there is still the inky blackness of doom.

I think this fix may not be permanant :(

darkoroje
21st Sep 2004, 20:49
This game does not work with any drivers for 6800 series cards. I don't see how you could have tested this as even the earliest drivers for 6800 do not work. The 55 series drivers do not support 6800, so that is not a solution.

Regards,

Darko

jaywalker2309
21st Sep 2004, 23:03
Originally posted by darkoroje
This game does not work with any drivers for 6800 series cards. I don't see how you could have tested this as even the earliest drivers for 6800 do not work. The 55 series drivers do not support 6800, so that is not a solution.

Regards,

Darko

As have explained before, the release of the 6800 was after the mastering period for the game and these new drivers to coincide with this hardware release were released also after we'd put the game to bed.

We cannot control drivers from a 3rd party, but we are working closely with them to ensure next driver revision works fully.

We tested the game on 6800's prior to release but we were having to use beta drivers as you rightly point out the official drivers didn't exist at the time.

So basically we fell thru a few cracks and there wasn't anything we could do about it, but i assure you we will get it sorted as quick as we can :)

leftnutrzr
10th Oct 2004, 05:41
if you have a glitch like the floating weapons one just pop back to the main menu and go back to your checkpoint
(this forces every thing to be reloaded into vid mem)

works on a 5200 128ddr driver ver 61.77

cept for the big wall of the helicopter mission ... i guess it's something w/ the rotational nature of the level that things get skewed and twisted in vid mem ... but if you go to the previous mission last checkpoint ... and continue from there the helicopter mission is semi playable .... at least the AA gun stick out like a sore thumb and you can just center it on the screen and wail away
(this wont work if you start off in the mission ... you'll have the loading skull flashin at ya and all ... on top of not seeing anything)

btw ... it's gotta be a good game for me to see around the driver problems :D this game is not just good ... it's great

cooljay1804
13th Oct 2004, 19:33
For those of you looking for the 65.73 drivers you can get them here: http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=854
as the Nvidia website still only shows the 61.77. These drivers originate 100% from NVIDIA and are not in any way altered, so this is an official NVIDIA WHQL set yet released by an OEM manufacturer. No setup.exe but if you are having video problems it's not hard at all to upgrade as the site says "the old fashioned way" of updating the drivers in the device manager.

Anders
18th Oct 2004, 16:56
those don't work for me. i get a sys dump everytime i try to play the game with those drivers from guru.

cooljay1804
18th Oct 2004, 17:53
:confused: they work fine for me. Which video card are you using and which version of windows and service pack?

Anders
18th Oct 2004, 21:59
I've got a geforce fx 5600 and i'm running XP with SP 2

TLK
26th Oct 2004, 17:09
I had no issues with graphics in the game so far until starting the mission where you chopper into town to meet Rodrigues at the beach (sorry, too lazy to figure out mapnames).

It was really bad. Objects flashing, garbage on the screen, objects and soldiers going invisible (funny actually, you see a grenade and rifle walking down the street), ground changing colors. Sort of a bad acid trip I suppose.

Changing in game graphics setting to low and reducing the clock rate of my card had no effect whatsoever.

Updated to the latest drivers off of Guru3d (http://www.guru3d.com) (66.81) and everything was fine again with all settings on maximum.

The only issue I had with the drivers was with the Nvidia control panel ("Apply" button didn't work in the application-specific customization panel, only "OK").

S|-|4GGY
29th Oct 2004, 20:56
Originally posted by darkoroje

Regards,

Darko

Whaaaaa..... i have the V9999 GE= to gforce6800 GT. Mine will not run it either.
I want to take my game back to EB now so can someone from The dev team or eidos email me or pm me a auth to get full refund? I have waited for a patch from u guys and nothing yet. My return with full refund has expired from Electronic Boutique Canada.

cooljay1804
29th Oct 2004, 22:23
This is not a problem with the game so there is no patch to be issued for the game. This is a problem with the graphics drivers themselves. :rolleyes:

jaywalker2309
29th Oct 2004, 23:08
We are still working with nVidia to get the issue sorted..

There are `beta` drivers that have been released that may fix the issue, however they are not `released` drivers yet. Once they've verified they are happy with the drivers and that they work correctly with Shellshock they will be released fully on their own website.

I really do apologise this is taking a lot longer then i had hoped.. See if you can track down the latest beta drivers which i know WILL work (but as not official i can really give backing to JUST yet)

I promise we haven't forgotten u all..

cooljay1804
29th Oct 2004, 23:27
The ones I had posted earlier in this thread seem to have worked great for me. A few others have been released since those, all of which can be found at guru3d.com if anyone is interested. :cool:

sandrat
30th Oct 2004, 01:43
four of us have 5200-5800 gforce. all running xps2 got rid of the update drivers and went back to just out of the box. game ran ok except glitches in the movie portions. another dude had the new 6800 on a kick ass machine could not get squat. put in his old 5800 and was able to run it. man was he pissed when we all got stuck in the same place.

Anders
30th Oct 2004, 05:05
Originally posted by cooljay1804
This is not a problem with the game so there is no patch to be issued for the game. This is a problem with the graphics drivers themselves. :rolleyes:

I guess my main issue is that this was not forseen. I guess that I cannot blame the devs because human error is uncountable and can only be minimized. My main complaint is that Nvidia doesn't seem to be working with Eidos all that well. They should really expand their efforts to work with individual companies to give their products maximum support. I really think Marx (and Engels of course) was on to something . . .

cooljay1804
30th Oct 2004, 14:12
Yeah that's the only bad thing about making a game, you can't always control 3rd party problems. nVidia should work with game companies true but the number of games made each year plus time spent devoloping drivers plus working on making them compatible with already known issues plus making sure they work with current software etc. can be a very very intense, expensive and long process.

I'm not taking up sides but being a programmer myself, I know the long and intense process it takes to debug your programs and to work all the problems out.

rleeds
23rd Nov 2004, 23:18
Well the new drivers, 66.93, are out and still no luck with the game. I also note that there has been no activity in this thread for almost a month.
I have no problems with any other game. Shame.

rasderek
25th Nov 2004, 23:29
The main reason I bought this game was to try to crash my video board. Working with ProE, Solidworks and Acad 3d, I have found the best way to validate video drivers is with the latest graphic intensive game. Eidos can't test every parameter. Eventually, a person would find the shortcomings in their system in another game.

pink_viola
6th Jan 2005, 21:21
Hello.
I bought a Point of View Geforce 6600 GT and in bundle were Hitman Contracts and Shellshock.

Shellshock does not function, has graphic problems ...it's incredible, a game in bundle that not functions and ...surprise!!! .. it's a KNOWN problem!!!! Driver version is 66.93

Shame, Point of View (that include a game that is known that has problems) and Eidos (that sold rights to Point of View).

jaywalker2309
7th Jan 2005, 00:25
Originally posted by pink_viola
Hello.
I bought a Point of View Geforce 6600 GT and in bundle were Hitman Contracts and Shellshock.

Shellshock does not function, has graphic problems ...it's incredible, a game in bundle that not functions and ...surprise!!! .. it's a KNOWN problem!!!! Driver version is 66.93

Shame, Point of View (that include a game that is known that has problems) and Eidos (that sold rights to Point of View).

What graphical problem are you getting?

pink_viola
7th Jan 2005, 09:32
Originally posted by jaycw2309
What graphical problem are you getting?

It's all green and blocky, I dont'k know how to explain..
I've tried to modify settings in the drivers (aa, anisotropic, etc etc) but with no good results.

jaywalker2309
7th Jan 2005, 13:05
Originally posted by pink_viola
It's all green and blocky, I dont'k know how to explain..
I've tried to modify settings in the drivers (aa, anisotropic, etc etc) but with no good results.

Hey there,

PM as soon as you can, have something i'd like you to try, but need to email you something

Cheers

Jason Walker

Head of Mastering/Compatibility
Eidos

theace
7th Jan 2005, 13:53
HEy there,

I'm kinda late here, but I have the same trouble as the fellow above. I have updated/rolled back/prayed and about anything else you might think of for the NVidia card.

I have the "patchy" screen someone else showed here, plus exactally what the fellow above me said.

Now, here is the funny thing.....it (the game) HAS worked twice, but if I get out once I start, forget it! Splotchy screen again.

I don't want to give up on this game, as from what I have played it seems cool.....I kinda like the idea of the VC women..something DREADFULLY lacking in Vietcong.

SO....we have the same trouble in the USA.....

My specs:
ALienware Area 51 system
GeForce 6800 256mb card
70.?? drivers just issued at the above mentioned driver place
Athlon64 processor
2 gigs DDR 400 Corsair Ram
800mbFSB
Etc, Etc Etc

Hope to see a fix soon!

Take care!

Kelley

:D :D :D

jaywalker2309
7th Jan 2005, 14:03
Originally posted by theace
HEy there,

I'm kinda late here, but I have the same trouble as the fellow above. I have updated/rolled back/prayed and about anything else you might think of for the NVidia card.

I have the "patchy" screen someone else showed here, plus exactally what the fellow above me said.

Now, here is the funny thing.....it (the game) HAS worked twice, but if I get out once I start, forget it! Splotchy screen again.

I don't want to give up on this game, as from what I have played it seems cool.....I kinda like the idea of the VC women..something DREADFULLY lacking in Vietcong.

SO....we have the same trouble in the USA.....

My specs:
ALienware Area 51 system
GeForce 6800 256mb card
70.?? drivers just issued at the above mentioned driver place
Athlon64 processor
2 gigs DDR 400 Corsair Ram
800mbFSB
Etc, Etc Etc

Hope to see a fix soon!

Take care!

Kelley

:D :D :D

As i said to pink_viola, could you PM me so that i can give you something to try..

sandrat
8th Jan 2005, 05:18
this is just a hunch but a ffreind of mine tried it and it worked. delete and uninstall drivers and video card(6800 only) Find the oldest driver that will work on your card......there can be a differance, {chaintech, apollo, etc...}... I mean the oldest if they will work start at 51.00or 57.00 if you see were I'm goingwith this.and don't think this is BS cause it has worked........AS far as the one that got it in a bundle pkg I should conntact the seller with the KNOWN PROBLEM for a refund or something maybe if enough complain eidos will be a little smarter about the next new game. power to the people.............................

jaywalker2309
8th Jan 2005, 05:28
Originally posted by sandrat
this is just a hunch but a ffreind of mine tried it and it worked. delete and uninstall drivers and video card(6800 only) Find the oldest driver that will work on your card......there can be a differance, {chaintech, apollo, etc...}... I mean the oldest if they will work start at 51.00or 57.00 if you see were I'm goingwith this.and don't think this is BS cause it has worked........AS far as the one that got it in a bundle pkg I should conntact the seller with the KNOWN PROBLEM for a refund or something maybe if enough complain eidos will be a little smarter about the next new game. power to the people.............................

We cannot control hardware released AFTER the game has hit the streets.
As you point out by going back to drivers that existed when the game came out FIXES the problem, which pretty much confirms that nvidia changed something in their driver. Again this is something out of our control.

Power to the people? hmm interesting phrase. As for smarter? how about clairvoyant? so we can predict exactly what will happen months after we finish a game?

pink_viola
8th Jan 2005, 21:32
Originally posted by sandrat
..AS far as the one that got it in a bundle pkg I should conntact the seller with the KNOWN PROBLEM for a refund or something maybe if enough complain eidos will be a little smarter about the next new game.

Thanks for the advice, but I bought my 6600gt fot the board itself not for the bundle, this was a gift and i accepted it; in a moment of delusion i said "shame" but maybe "ridicolous" is more suitable :)

However I want to thanks jaycw2309 for the kindness.

cr@zedidiot
16th Jan 2005, 03:23
I have a BFG 6800 ultra oc and I have the same problems with the blotchy screen

jaywalker2309
16th Jan 2005, 11:36
Originally posted by cr@zedidiot
I have a BFG 6800 ultra oc and I have the same problems with the blotchy screen

oc? overclocked? does it do it if not overclocked?

cr@zedidiot
16th Jan 2005, 16:47
no it doesn't matter if it is overclocked or not

jaywalker2309
16th Jan 2005, 16:52
Originally posted by cr@zedidiot
no it doesn't matter if it is overclocked or not

Okie, just checking.. just trialing something at the moment should hopefully have more info very soon

DBAY59
18th Jan 2005, 19:58
I HAVE THE NEW 6703 BETA DRIVERS OFF OF NVIDIA WEB SITE AND SO FAR, THEY HAVE NOT ADDRESSED THE ISSUE IN RESPECT TO SHELLSHOCK NAM67. THE GAME STILL DOES NOT PLAY, JUST A BUNCH OF MESSED UP COLORS WHEN YOU START. I CAN NOT GO BACK IN DRIVER VER AS MY EVGA 6800GT WILL NOT RUN RIGHT WITH THE OLDER DRIVERS. JUST GOT DONE WITH MENOF VALOR AND IT PLAYED GREAT.MAYBE CERTIFIED 6703s WILL WORK THIS OUT WITH SHELLSHOCK, I HOPE SO AS I HAVE A $40.00 GAME I MIGHT NEVER BE ABLE TO PLAY.................THANKS

theace
20th Jan 2005, 04:01
Hey all,

The newest of the new Nvidia drivers at 3dguru 70.3 I believe, still don't get the game to work. Just a heads-up. Has anyone out there actually had it work for a while, but if you stop and get out, it won't re-start?

Now, that has happened to me a few times, and I have been able to get half way through.

More often than not it is just luck I get it to work...and alot of stops/get outs and re-starts.

It is a great game when you are in it! ;-)

Later!!

KElley

rleeds
9th Feb 2005, 20:30
Keep blaming Nvidia instead of putting out a patch. I've tried three different drivers. The only game I have ever had that would not work.
No more Eidos junk for me!

Rukee
14th Feb 2005, 14:54
This is a bunch of crap. 6800 cards have been out for a year aleady!!
I have three a64 machines all with 6800 cards, one with SLI and I can`t run this game at all without the same video corution as everyone else!! The VC drivers you recomend do not reconise the 6800 chipset.
This is pathetic!!!
Sorry for the rant, but I just paid good money for a new game which I checked the system specs on the box, bought a DVD player so I could load and play it, only to have the game not work at all, now to find out you knew about the problem all along!!
Well, if you got some beta drivers that work, send them to me, or post them here for gawds sake. You think only people on this forums are having trouble??? What about all the people who bought it that aren`t posting on the forums!!!

Rukee
14th Feb 2005, 16:56
I apoligise for the rant, I just found this in another thread...
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=437397&postcount=64
I did this and it`s working in one of the systems, first level anyway.
ASUS A8V Deluxe
a3200
BFG 6800 GT OC
66.93 drivers
directX 9.0c
I`ll try the SLI rig later after I run the game in this machine and verify it works longer then the first few seconds.

Rukee
15th Feb 2005, 13:40
That also worked for the SLI rig.
What exactly is that doing?? Knocking the detail out of the game? or what??
ASUS A8N_SLI Deluxe
a3500
66.93 drivers, the latest NForce drivers from NVidia`s page.
I have the detail turned all the way up, the AA turned up and all the filtering on, but I have never seen a game run such low FPS while playing, and my system is OC`ed quit a bit. 35-100fps, why does the game drop so low on the FPS?? Polly count or what`s going on??
Also, is there a way to change the view to true fsp?? Running around shooting with the view set 3-4 feet behind the guy is more like a third person shooter rather then a first person shooter. It would be so much nicer to actually be the guy and not see the guy
Where is the 'jump' key?? How can you have a fps with no jump??

playashaw21
21st Feb 2005, 16:07
Ok, I turned post-render effects OFF and it works, up until it locks up. :confused: After a few minutes (up to an hour) of game play it locks up and I can do nothing but hit the restart button. After restart, it will play much less time before locking up. Has anyone else had this problem???

Also, if I don't quit to profile at every checkpoint, when it locks up I lose all progress made.

Any help would be appreciated.

specs-
athlon XP 3200+
Asus a7n8x-e deluxe mobo
fully updated nvidia drivers (sound, mainboard, graphics)
Leadtek 6800GT
2 gigs PDP Patriot memory RAM

Should I revert my video drivers to a non-beta? Could they be causing this?

HELP!

Rukee
22nd Feb 2005, 03:47
Yes they could, and if you are OCing at all, including the VC, it could be overheating with time and causeing the lock. Turn off all OCing and test.

Bud1010
31st Mar 2005, 01:40
Ok, I turned post-render effects OFF and it works, up until it locks up. :confused: After a few minutes (up to an hour) of game play it locks up and I can do nothing but hit the restart button. After restart, it will play much less time before locking up. Has anyone else had this problem???

Also, if I don't quit to profile at every checkpoint, when it locks up I lose all progress made.

Any help would be appreciated.

specs-
athlon XP 3200+
Asus a7n8x-e deluxe mobo
fully updated nvidia drivers (sound, mainboard, graphics)
Leadtek 6800GT
2 gigs PDP Patriot memory RAM

Should I revert my video drivers to a non-beta? Could they be causing this?

HELP!

I had the same problem with my 6800GT. No matter what drivers I tried it didn't work. Then I was reading that all you have to do is hit alt-tab to your desktop and then wait about 5 seconds then alt - tab back into the game . I had to mess around with the resolution settings and had to turn off shadows but it worked with no problems after that. However, the next time I went into play I had to mess around again with the resolutions and alt-tab back and forth but I was able to play. I can't find the thread to link to but I remember him saying it was not a problem when they tested the drivers but Nvidia changed something and it that is why there are problems. For me I would have the best result if I set the res to 800x600 and then alt-tab to the desktop and then go back to the game. If that didn't work I would try the same with 1024x768 and turn off shadows and details. A few times even after messing around it still wouldn't work so I would save the preferences and exit the game then try it again. It has worked for me every time after I had to quit and go back in. Hope this helps some one! Good Luck!

nlarge
30th May 2005, 09:40
Hi Eidos.

Bought Shellshock Nam 67 and installed it. The install worked, so did the install of DX9b that comes with it. However the OpenAL gives me an error stating thet I need to upgrade my audio drivers (see www.nvidia.com) and refuses to install. However, I have the 5.12 drivers for my ASUS A7N8X-Deluxe Board, which to the best of my knowledge are the most recent. I also have the 71.89 driver for my nVidia Geforce Fx-5200 128MB card. I have 512 MB ram and a Western Digital 60GB hard drive. I am running Windows 2000 Professional-SP4.

So I tried the game and the screen goes black, then there is a beep (like an exclamation. Presuming this is an error, but no game error log so unable to find out for sure), then I am returned back to windows.

What do I need to do?

Regards,
Nick. :(

PCGameVeteran
5th Jun 2005, 23:25
I've read all the posts about this issue, dating back to September last year, & seen all the false promises from the Eidos staff & passing the buck to Nvidia who were allegedly working with eidos to fix this issue in their next set of drivers back in september. How come this game still doesnt work for those of us who own nvidia 6800 cards?? Isnt it about time Eidos accepted that its a big enough issue to warrant releasing an NVIDIA based patch that works with the Nvidia drivers that have been released at least 4 times since this issue became apparent?? I've got 2x6800s running in sli mode on my asus a8n deluxe board. I've had issues with other games, but they have all been resolved by the game producers, what is wrong with Eidos?? Are you putting BIG STICKERS on the front of the game box saying DONT BUY IF YOU OWN AN NVIDIA BASED GFX CARD?? The answer is obviously NO! Its all about revenue! Not about the poor consumer who saves up their money to buy a game that wont work on their PC that fits in perfectly with the Specs stated on the side of the box. Come On Eidos, dont you think this attitude of yours is harming your reputation?? I for one, wont ever trust you again. I'll buy games from other producers instead of yours. I have a brand new game sat here that wont work, wasted my hard earned cash! changing the prerender thing in my docs worked for 1 play, now the game bings at me when I try to start it with no error, rediculous! :mad:
Another SATISFIED customer?? Never again!
8 Months waiting for a patch is a big joke :(

walking_target
6th Jun 2005, 18:07
I am experiencing exactly the same problems and there seems to be no form of resolution in sight.

What is going on?

Clemence
9th Jun 2005, 08:49
Can anybody help me with graphics problem in Shellshock NAM 67, I tried a gazillion of drivers, but still, I can not get picture in the game, fun enough i get sound, my mouse cursor and the compass= thats all I see

I have had this problem for the past 5 months i am actually thinking of breaking this game DVD, and put it in the incinerator, so that it goes to hell.

What kind of product support is this, EIDOS ????

My specs are :

Gainward Geforce 6800 Ultra GS @450/1200
P4 LGA775 3Ghz @3.45GHz
1024MB DDR Ballistix @2.5-5-2-2, 7.8s
Gigabyte GA-8IPE775 Pro Motherboard
Samsung 120G HDD ATA
Antec TruePower II 550W PSU

PCGameVeteran
14th Jun 2005, 17:35
Eidos have taken our money & scarpered, theyve not replied on this thread for 6 months! They got rich from a game that doesnt work & couldnt careless about the people they ripped off! Isnt it against the law to sell something that isnt as advertised?? I mean the box says it will work on our PCs, but it doesnt & they wont even reply to my emails. I cant get a refund from the shop I bought it from coz my system fits into the specs, so basically, I feel robbed by EIDOS. I'll never buy a game from them again, I should have known better anyway as they couldnt even be bothered to release XP fixes for the first few tomb raider pc games, leaving it to enthusiasts to do instead. This outfit is a bunch of cowboys! :mad:

PCGameVeteran
14th Jun 2005, 17:39
I can see now why so many people download games rather than buy them, they aint getting ripped off by dodgy outfits when they find it doesnt work. LOL

strommy
22nd Jul 2005, 13:25
i've got an nVidia 6200 TC, and i tried the suggestion above, here (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=437397&postcount=64). it worked for me.
I still can't believe edios havn't released a patch tho. crazy

jaywalker2309
22nd Aug 2005, 18:08
i've got an nVidia 6200 TC, and i tried the suggestion above, here (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=437397&postcount=64). it worked for me.
I still can't believe edios havn't released a patch tho. crazy

Heard back from nVidia about this issue, they are working on a fix for it. It was fixed before in a previous driver revision, but broken in recent updates.

If you disable the postrendereffects it will allow you to play the game until the updated drivers get released.

Cheers

The Godfather
7th May 2008, 20:47
Hello there,

I have NVIDIA GeForce 7950 GX2 with its latest driver downloaded and installed (driver is 169.21) and I also have the latest DirectX installed, but I have some serious problems with the graphics in the videogame "Shellshock - Nam '67". :eek:

WHAT KIND OF A PROBLEM ARE WE TALKING ABOUT?
When the game starts after the first introduction movie and I am ready to move my character, all I get is the sound of my superior soldier but the graphics are like - totally gone! All I get are these disturbing Poltergeist-lines on my screen .... :mad2:

Is this the same problem that so many others are having, please? And (until the latest patch is released) - is there something I can do, so that I may yet enjoy this game, please? :(

Many thanks!

Bye for now

jaywalker2309
8th May 2008, 07:28
Have you disabled the postfilter effects to see if that gets it working?

The Godfather
8th May 2008, 15:19
Have you disabled the postfilter effects to see if that gets it working?

Well ... that's what I don't understand. What is the postfilter effects and how and where do I disable them, please?

thx

jaywalker2309
9th May 2008, 06:45
Well ... that's what I don't understand. What is the postfilter effects and how and where do I disable them, please?

thx

Ahh there was a link further up this thread about it.. hold on..

Here (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=437397&postcount=64)