PDA

View Full Version : Stealth Missions

Hitman47
5th Sep 2004, 15:45
has any one gotten to a stealth mission yet? those would be my favorite ones. so much suspense...and you need some skill to do it nicely. btw any one have info on Hitman 3????????

Hobbit
5th Sep 2004, 16:18
Yep I just finished the game.

There are 1 or 2 stealth missions. One top stealth mission! You have to crawl to the enemy when they don't look, stand up and then you press hte mouse button (after selecting the knife of course). You then see yourself grabbing him by the throat and slice through his neck, then you let go, kick him in the back and he drops to the ground, dead.

Then you sneak up on the next one. But it is really hard, in the end I just rambo-ed through it. If somebody sees you you hear a whistle and then 5 guys or so come in and try to take you down.

CKY1709
5th Sep 2004, 22:12
man i have a hard on for this game already and i havent even played it...... IM GONNA CREAM myself when i play it

SgtSpecht1234
6th Sep 2004, 05:10
Im gonna cream myself when i get the F*c*i*g box in my hands lol

CKY1709
6th Sep 2004, 15:16
yah me too but ill cream myself twice. Once while the transaction of the game into my hands begin. Then again when i play the game. Im going to try to beat it atleast 2 times in the first week.... And im gonna play it on the hardest levels my first time...... I cant wait much longer... I was doing fine until it released in europe, because they push it in our face
:(

Hobbit
6th Sep 2004, 15:56
Ohh I love this game, gonna play it again now!

Who pushes it in your face? I will personally take care of him!!
:D

SgtSpecht1234
6th Sep 2004, 17:42
Yeah...im getting really impatient myself...and a lot of the european gamers beat it...and it makes me angry and stuff...i cant wait much longer...

CKY1709
6th Sep 2004, 18:04
Hobbit..... I HATE YOU... haha jk

CKY1709
6th Sep 2004, 18:04
Hobbit..... I HATE YOU... haha jk

SgtSpecht1234
6th Sep 2004, 18:07
we should go to europe for the week, and buy a PAL PS2 and get shellshock and bring it back...thatd be awesome... we probably wouldnt be able to read anything though, cause its probably in a different language and stuff

CKY1709
6th Sep 2004, 18:19
not in england, same language

Hobbit
6th Sep 2004, 20:07
Here in the Netherlands we get the english version as well. The germans are the ones who translate it all and do voice overs, we just get the english version.

Oh man this game rocks!! Can't believe you guys still can't play it. I am going for another tour!

Ambush!! Incoming!! take cover!! We need some artillery support ASAP.

Sarge, too short, tooo shooortt!! MEEEDDIICCCC!!

CKY1709
6th Sep 2004, 22:03
oh im sorry are you playin american army or netherland army? Cause i know the americans fought in vietnam, the Netherlands didnt. so why do people in the Netherlands want a Vietnam war game?

Hobbit
6th Sep 2004, 22:22
Originally posted by CKY1709
oh im sorry are you playin american army or netherland army? Cause i know the americans fought in vietnam, the Netherlands didnt. so why do people in the Netherlands want a Vietnam war game?

LOL

I wonder if it was the Roman's who played all the games about the Roman empire.

And was it Hobbits that played the game "The Hobbit"?

Who played Alien vs Predator as an Alien? Nobody I guess, following your thoughts.

IL2 Sturmuvik is only played by Russian people right?

is it only the Greeks that play Age of Mythology?

CKY1709
6th Sep 2004, 22:27
well i dont play any of that dumb ***** anyway. And who the hell would want to play the hobbit? Im sorry but i would have no intent on playing a game in which you are a netherland soldier cause that does not appeal to me or involve me. You guys are just lucky that Guerilla is a dutch company... thats why you guys got it first (which is still Bull*****!!!):mad:

Hobbit
6th Sep 2004, 23:04
Well... to answer your question in a "none smart arse way".

You say that only US and Vietnamese or whatever nation was involved there would be appealed to the game.

That is a really US way to think! You see "US" "France" "vietnam" "Netherlands" "England", you see where i am getting here? You see NATIONS!! But as I see it, I see PEOPLE!! And we are all the same flesh and blood, we all have feelings and a heart.

As a kid I have seen a lot of these movies, and I could feel the pain of those soldiers as well es you do. I don't have to be an American to understand that (well of course I can never fully understand, but neither can you you haven't fought there either). So in contrary to you, I can place myself in everybodies situation. Not only in that of the Dutch people.

Hitman47
7th Sep 2004, 00:10
*sheds a single tear then stands up slowy and begins the infamous slow clap hoping ppl will join me*

CKY1709
7th Sep 2004, 00:46
Well thats your point of view and that was mine.... And when i watch War movies,(like Vietnam war Movies), I dont think of the NVA as people, i picture them as Commi little bastards who deserve what they got.

SgtSpecht1234
7th Sep 2004, 02:02
Yeah thats true....They are Commi's lol... *talks in marine corp. voise* HO CHI MINH IS A SON OF A BITC*! *hopes the recruits will repeat*

Hitman47
7th Sep 2004, 04:35
too true. doesnt matter if th enemy is little dwarfs.... we will eliminate them w/ the utmost prejudice

AgentOrange_section8
7th Sep 2004, 06:51
HO CHI MIHN IS A SON OF A B*TCH!! GOT THA BLUE BALLS AND A 7 YEAR ITCH!!!

:D

Hobbit
7th Sep 2004, 10:19
Well thats your point of view and that was mine.... And when i watch War movies,(like Vietnam war Movies), I dont think of the NVA as people, i picture them as Commi little bastards who deserve what they got.

I used to do that, when I was a kid, and I considered the indians the bad guys too.

Now luckily I am grown up, and I know they are just people like you and me, and good and wrong isn't that easy. I hope that you are still a kid and grow up and realise that too.

And "commi basterds"?? Just because they stand for "equal sharing amonst all people" makes them basterds deserving death? They have their believes, and fight for it, just as you. Have you seen the part of Tour of Duty where one of the US troops is captured and freed by a "communist basterd" medic? Now I respect that man over any of the americans that think like you. Didn't he make you think about the war and its purpose?

Man you scare me, I hope you will never become a president or get a high rank.

CKY1709
7th Sep 2004, 10:29
well i am grown up but im not a freggin hippie like you....

Hobbit
7th Sep 2004, 10:51
well i am grown up but im not a freggin hippie like you....

At least I don't think I, or my nation, or my believes and political views are better than the rest of the world, like you think. And I don't think i should place my point of view on every other people in this world by force.

And no I am not a hippy, I am only being human(e), but I think you forgot the meaning of that word.

Ahh well I don't blame you for thinking like the way you do, maybe your IQ is just too low, which isn't your fault.

I hope the US isn't filled with people who think like you though. Or it looks bad for the world.

SgtSpecht1234
8th Sep 2004, 03:03
im not like that...they are commis though...but none the less, people

AgentOrange_section8
8th Sep 2004, 07:20
I dont consider em people neither did 99% of any Grunt back in the Nam' you should read this book "Steel My Soldiers Hearts" by retired COL. David H. Hackworth and Eilhys England. Its about the Nam' and its a f****** good book it lets you see how and what the soldiers felt during the war. the Col was the commander of the 4/39th Infantry the "Hardcore Recondos" and he went out in the field with them mostly all of the time. Its a good book, but back on subject i dont think the VC or NVA were people they did so much inhumane things to 19 year old boys and made grown men go insane and they blew people up into little pieces im sure if you were there and saw what they did you wouldnt like them one bit you wouldnt even call them people. People always talk about the ARVN but they were as bad as the NVA taking pot shots at GI's and Convoys or giving positions away to the NVA. Most ARVN units made a truce between the VC and NVA that "if you dont shoot us we wont shoot us" sort of thing. So I think all Vietnamese people were crap. Little kids would blow up mines in the middle of the street or get food from GI's and give them to the NVA or set up Claymores. No matter what side they said they were for they were all the same. crap.

Hobbit
8th Sep 2004, 09:55
Well some Vietnamese were treacherous and did inhumane things, but not all of them. Most of them were just villagers trying to have a quiet life on their farms. They were sometimes forced to fight or hide stuff for the VC or they would be wasted, and if the US troops found it they would be wasted by them. Not an wasy life. The US troops, wasting village after village, including women and children because there "might be" a VC in there, were not that innocent, but they were just following orders. Now what was it that is said about following orders related to the germans in ww2??

You can't blame the Vietnamese for defending their country. I can't say the same for the US, they were the agressors in that battle.

The reason the US troops thought they weren't "people" is very easy to understand. That's called propaganda. And they had to deal with the killings or they would go mad. So seeing them as inhumane is best for them to stop them going mad.

And why do you think were there many protest marches even by US civilians back home?

CKY1709
8th Sep 2004, 10:32
Cause HIPPIES SUCK ASS! But **** you hobbit the U.S. Killed women and children. You say it like they did it all the time. AND most of the time they really were NVA or VC. All vietnamese were. We were the AGRESSOR? The U.S. was defendin a newlyfound democracy from communism.. a democracy the U.S. helped set up.

CKY1709
8th Sep 2004, 10:35
Originally posted by Hobbit
At least I don't think I, or my nation, or my believes and political views are better than the rest of the world, like you think. And I don't think i should place my point of view on every other people in this world by force.

And no I am not a hippy, I am only being human(e), but I think you forgot the meaning of that word.

Ahh well I don't blame you for thinking like the way you do, maybe your IQ is just too low, which isn't your fault.

I hope the US isn't filled with people who think like you though. Or it looks bad for the world.
You my friend are a ***.... Anybody who talks like that just wants to be an american and when they say they dont they do. And **** you, who are you to question my intelligence. You are probably 35 still living with your parents. Who has the U.S. pushed around by force....??? Oh yeah thats right none! Dumbas5

Hobbit
8th Sep 2004, 13:09
Cause HIPPIES SUCK ASS! But **** you hobbit the U.S. Killed women and children. You say it like they did it all the time. AND most of the time they really were NVA or VC. All vietnamese were. We were the AGRESSOR? The U.S. was defendin a newlyfound democracy from communism.. a democracy the U.S. helped set up.

Well that's a bit of a contradiction isn't it:
First you say you were helping a newly found democracy. And then you say all Vietnamese were NVA or VC. So... if they are ALL VC or NVA, how come you say the US were helping them?

And I don't doubt the "formiddable strength of the US force". They are the greatest force on the planet. And I love their research programs and movies. I want to believe they are the good guys. And I used to believe that. I used to be just like you. The US are the good guys the ones they fight are the bad guys. But face it, it isn't that black and white. I grew up, I thought about it a lot, seen lots of documentaries, saw the wars from BOTH perspectives (somethign you still have to learn, as you don't consider the vietnamese as people). The only reason the US were fighting there, was because they were afraid Communism would spread all around the world, which would undermine their capatalist interests. If they were doing it from a noble cause, why didn't they help other countries with dictators and food problems where the US had no political or financial interest?

And they did succeed in stopping communism. Not in Vietnam, but Vietnam set an example to other countries in that area, who were as a result of the Vietnam conflict afraid and therefore didn't change to communism. (this is of course hypothetical, but i ahve seen lots of documentaries about the subject)

And who I am to question your intelligence? That is based on this:
You believe without doubt every propaganda from the US you have seen. You think the US is good and great, and all those who have different believes and political views are not and should be laid on the will and believes and political views of the US by force. You don't een consider the Vietnamese as people, and you see things from only one point of view. You think your own nation is the best and the greatest.

Another example: The US is helping Irak, I don't doubt that, but why are you helping irak? Only because of oil interests. There are other countries with dictators as well, where the US has no interest of helping. And therefore they don't.

Instead of making a war which costs billions, you could also help countries in Africa by providing food. A lot more people are helped that way. And why did you go to Irak, but not to Tstetsjeniƫ for instance? (Don't know the english word for that place). Now there live a poor and forgotten people.

Hobbit
8th Sep 2004, 13:19
Ohh, something else.

I don't doubt the motives of the soldiers. They do as they are told, believe they are doing the right thing. And most of them are just nice guys, and not civilian killers. I do realise and know that. I do not consider them evil or anything. I pity them because they went through hell while most of them didn't even want to go there. Some of the US troops there were even questioning the motives for the war.

But for the Vietnamese it is the same. Most of them were innocent civilians. The NVA and VC believe they were fighting for the right cause just as the US troops. They wanted a united people, where they could live in peace. And they didn't understand why the US, a foreign country, were messing with their affairs.

AgentOrange_section8
8th Sep 2004, 14:16
Okay.
That was pretty good but you said we never helped countries with food?? what are you talking about in Nam we handed out a whole crap load of food and what happend? they gave it to the NVA and VC thats what happened. In Somalia we gave them food the milita men took it away and we couldnt fire unless fired upon. In Iraq we give them food what do they do? they ram f****** trucks with bombs in it into buildings and check points, they dress up as Civis and say "surrender surrender!" with white flags and as we walk over to them some pop outta no where in ditches and start lighting our guys up. Yeah we do want to stop communism because we are against it. Mostly all communist nations have huge terrorist orginizations and all that other crap. So we might as well stop them before they come into our country and blow us up or take over our allies. Besides in Nam the South didnt want to become Communist so we decided to "help" and we got our ***** kicked in Somalia we got our ***** kicked and in Iraq were doing OK so far. but i think once we hand it over...fully...things are gonna get messy and we'll end up gettin our ***** kicked again...You said you watched Movies?? those are Movies unless your talking about documentarys by Vets from the war.

Hobbit
8th Sep 2004, 14:57
You are right Orange. About Somalia and iraq and stuff. But, the ones you refer to (the ones stealing the food) are only the rotten apples every nation has. In Somalia most of the people are just... poor. They have nothing! They can't do anythign against the regime. They were kids who grew up with guns and rifles, they don't know any better than that. They don't have money or food, and the rotten apples can make them believe whatever they want. These people are often too poor to read papers or watch TV, they see the propaganda of their terrorist regime and they often believe that, or are too scared to go against that.

Now here's something that can perhaps change your mind a bit... about vietnamese and VC not being people according to you.

In Vietnam there were lots of accounts of kamikaze VC. People blowing themself up to take along US troops with them!! Even small kids!! Why would they do that? They are not making money from it or profit from it. It is because they BELIEVE they are fighting for a right cause, they are fighting for a better Vietnam.

I am not saying which side is wrong and which side isn't in that war. Because I can't. Okay, the North wants communism, which I don't see as a bad thing. The only problem with communism is, that it doesn't work because there are rotten apples (mostly in the leadership and the top). True communism would be utopia. And perhaps the VC and NVA fighting force believed in that utopia strongly. You could say that the terrorist regime of the North is wrong and evil, than you are right. But not the majority of the people.

But the same can be said about the US top, that only too often handles out of their financial interests, sending young americans into their deaths for that. In the vietnam war, because of their interests in keeping the world Capitalistic. The troops however, thought they were helping a democracy, and acted out of noble causes as well. But they were often confronted with women and children who didn't want their presence, blowing themself up, and that did make them think (unless your name is CKY1709). But still, they too are the good guys. War is hell, and lots of innocents die. On all sides.

CKY1709
8th Sep 2004, 18:55
The U.S. did not get its ***** kicked ever! Not in NAM EITHER! if it wasnt for ****in hippies we would have won that war or came out with a Cease fire.... There were something like 17 to 1 KIA in favor of the U.S. We did not lose the war in NAM. we lost the war here in the U.S. because of the ****ing hippies who were tryin to help U.S. soldiers come home just to ****ing spit on them! And i dont know alot about somalia but from what i know we didnt get our ***** kicke either. As for Iraq, The Insurgents are god damn pusssies! I sorry but i couldnt trust any civilian over there

The NVA and VC were horrible.... They murdered Millions of South Vietnamese and cambodians. You dont call that evil? Executing people for no reason, or because a U.S. platoon happend to come by? I didnt mean ALL Vietnamese if i said that i made a mistake.... I meant anyone with ties to VC or NVA....

P.S. **** YOU hobbit

Hitman47
8th Sep 2004, 22:25
LOL take it easy fellas. in my opinion, we shouldnt have been in vietnam in the first place. ho chi minh was a very good man and all he wanted was to have a country free from the french. sure he was a communist but he should have been OUR communist. read his biography or watch it sometime. he was no Stalin at all.

Hitman47
8th Sep 2004, 22:28
The U.S. did not get its ***** kicked ever! Not in NAM EITHER! if it wasnt for ****in hippies we would have won that war or came out with a Cease fire.... There were something like 17 to 1 KIA in favor of the U.S. We did not lose the war in NAM. we lost the war here in the U.S. because of the ****ing hippies who were tryin to help U.S. soldiers come home just to ****ing spit on them! And i dont know alot about somalia but from what i know we didnt get our ***** kicke either. As for Iraq, The Insurgents are god damn pusssies! I sorry but i couldnt trust any civilian over there

The NVA and VC were horrible.... They murdered Millions of South Vietnamese and cambodians. You dont call that evil? Executing people for no reason, or because a U.S. platoon happend to come by? I didnt mean ALL Vietnamese if i said that i made a mistake.... I meant anyone with ties to VC or NVA....

P.S. **** YOU hobbit yes we did. in the civil war. more casualties than any other war we fought. combined.

SgtSpecht1234
8th Sep 2004, 22:35
whoa whoa WHOA!!! settle down fellas! or else they will close down our forum, come on you guys, you dont gotta yell each other's heads of for disagremence of something like this, come on! take a chill pill people!!!

PS Stalin is god!!!! :D :D :D Just kidding, i liked Lenin better....to bad he died....:(

Hobbit
8th Sep 2004, 23:07

P.S. **** YOU hobbit

First of all, it is not about the US losing a war. Why do you even want to be the "toughest boy in class" anyway?

The NVA and VC were horrible, but not all of them. Executing people for no reason, that can be said for both sides. But ok, probably more NVA or VC are guilty of that. But again, only the rotten apples. And they killed them because they believed them to be related to "terrorist US who had no affairs in their country". While the US killed them because they believed them to be related to the "terrorist NVA or VC who wanted communism over the US capitalism". And face it, capitalism isn't a very fair system either.

If you go in a warzone (you said you are gonna be a soldier in another thread right?) are you gonna kill all of the civilians you see because they might be related to some terrorist group?

SgtSpecht1234
8th Sep 2004, 23:34
children children! stop the madness!!!

Hitman47
9th Sep 2004, 00:36
seriously. settle this in the cage, not the forum.

CKY1709
9th Sep 2004, 01:01
hey i'd fight him..... But yeah so what i want to be a marine.... And i will be watching every civilian because in some places you can trust no one but your brothers in arms.. Who said anything about being the toughest kid in the class? But i was just replyin stating that the U.S. didnt get their ***** handed to them in NAM

Hitman47
9th Sep 2004, 05:14
hey i'd fight him..... But yeah so what i want to be a marine.... And i will be watching every civilian because in some places you can trust no one but your brothers in arms.. Who said anything about being the toughest kid in the class? But i was just replyin stating that the U.S. didnt get their ***** handed to them in NAM youre absolutley right. we killed more VC/NVA than they killed us, therefore the way i see it, we won vietnam on the battlefield, they won the political side of the battle. youre also right about only trusting your BIA. thats how it is on the battlefield. you or the enemy. which side you choose is pretty obvious. youre not out their fighting to be all sentimental nad feeling for these people. thats how you die. your supposed to kill the SOB's and kill them good. as far as all that sentimental crud goes. if you (generality) are thinking that way please dont become a US soldier because youll run into people like me and CKY who would rather kill your sorry excuse for a soldier than put our BIA at harm. again i say this as a generality im not talking to anyone directly. i just have strong feelings when it comes to stuff like that.

AgentOrange_section8
9th Sep 2004, 06:24
:D case closed guys...lets just leave it alone and talk about Shellshock and be buddies lol...but yeah Hitman,Hobbit and tha rest of you guys did make good points and all that! but anyways they updated the site!! har har:cool:

Hobbit
9th Sep 2004, 11:40
Yeah case closed...

Just 2 more things i want to say...

1. I will never become a soldier, I can't kill other human beings. I don't even want to!

2. I never said you should trust them all, I ony said killing them because they MIGHT be the enemy is not a good way to fight a war.

But back on topic!! I have played through the game so ask away!! I will answer all your questions to the best I can.

SgtSpecht1234
11th Sep 2004, 02:57
Well....ship us all a game, that'd be nice...

AgentOrange_section8
11th Sep 2004, 03:47
lol hey Sarge your happiness seems to be fading

SgtSpecht1234
13th Sep 2004, 02:39
i just said ship us a game and thatd be nice! lol but we dont need one now, its coming out in about 2 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D

Hobbit
16th Sep 2004, 15:39
I hope you will enjoy it!

ArTsKiLLaRy
16th Sep 2004, 17:50
Nah...We didn't win on neither ,we lost!, your forgetting the VC that came from neighboring countries such as Laos, and Cambodia...I dont think we ever did find the Ho Chi Minh Trail..Until present times...If we won on the battlefield Ho Chi Minh City never would of been established it would still be Saigon...They whooped our *butts* politically, and Militarily i mean yeah we did kill more of them then they killed us, but the fact of the matter is that we pulled out, and they stayed to regroup....