PDA

View Full Version : Mouse Freeze on Game Startup

agentprovo
5th Sep 2004, 12:03
I've been playing T: DS for about a month without incident. Yesterday, when I booted the game, it said I needed to install Direct X 9.0b for the game to run right, so I clicked on the install DirectX 9.0b button on the game startup panel. Now the game will boot, and I can use the arrow keys to move up and down on the menu, but my mouse is frozen. If I control-alt-del out of Thief, my mouse works just fine under XP. Thoughts?

Vanguard
5th Sep 2004, 16:21
I'm assuming you are asking about running T3 on a PC rather than on an Xbox. Disconnect any joystick or console controller attached to a USB port. Also disconnect any second mouse, if attached.

Download and install DirectX v9 from Microsoft's <a href="http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/default.aspx" target=_blank>web site</a>. It's now up to v9.0c. If that doesn't work, try uninstalling any brand-specific mouse software you have, like Logitech's if that's the mouse you have, and revert to the standard PS/2 mouse driver to see if that helps. Otherwise, you might have to uninstall and reinstall T3.

Some players that encountered mouse problems had to update their video drivers.