PDA

View Full Version : What was it that let it down for you?

knamk
5th Sep 2004, 11:02
I think AOD was a great game but the only thing that let it down for me was the camera angles and the fact that you were only ever in Prague and Paris (i think). When using the camera angles whilest doing the monkey bars, was tricky because you have to keep changing direction, thus I wasted time and kept falling off though I did get the hang of it eventually :D And the angle sometimes changed when doing a running jump. I like the camera angle in the TR's where it was always behind Lara exactly :cool:
What about you guys?

GoranAgar
5th Sep 2004, 12:19
I enjoyed AOD a lot. I was quite happy to see that they fixed the camera behind Lara in the PC version. It sucks that game developers succeeded in getting kids used to the swirly camera these days. I hope they go back to the good old way like in Galleon.

The thing that let me down in TR:AOD:

She was in Paris and didn't go into the catacombs???

Please! :rolleyes:

Nerevar
5th Sep 2004, 13:01
Enjoyed AOD immenely as well.

The most significant letdown was,

The developers' disregard for Part II, Section 3.4 of Council Directive 92/58/EEC of 24 June 1992 in the training level.

GoranAgar
5th Sep 2004, 13:05
Originally posted by Nerevar

The developers' disregard for Part II, Section 3.4 of Council Directive 92/58/EEC of 24 June 1992 in the training level.
Yes, right. I don't know how that could have happened. That was irresponsible.

Catlantean
5th Sep 2004, 14:00
At a few points I encountered bugs that made it impossible for me to continue without re-playing the level (like, when the light-rotating levers in Serpent Rouge wouldn't move). Those were my biggest let-down.

richie87
5th Sep 2004, 17:40
i was happily going through the game when suddenly i realised that i was at the end, i was like wait what happened to the game?
the shortness of the game was the biggest let down of all, especially after TR4's expanse, we all knew TR5 was gonig to be like an intervention, but hopefully Aod will be a bump in the road and like with most the creators will learn from their mistakes, so Aod will have a tremeandous effect on the next game even though it was not their best work yet!

so be happy about Aod being such a let down coz hopefully they wont do it again!:D

agent008
5th Sep 2004, 19:48
kurtis was a let down

taking lara weapons was a let down (duel pistol)

not opening up the entire par ghetto level was a let down

not letting the training level be open was a let down

etc. was a let down lol;) :D

The_Elite_One_13
6th Sep 2004, 00:58
yea I havn't even played the whole game yet and I'm already let down

2 agent's response:

didn't get there yet
agree
agree
agree

well hopefully the next game will way much improved and not rushed.

John Carter
6th Sep 2004, 01:24
Originally posted by Nerevar
Enjoyed AOD immenely as well.

"...But ever-inventive Brussels is coming up with a solution of sorts through the emergence of "Euro-speak"-a form of dead, bueracratic English.
The joy of phrases like "qualified majority voting", "the community method", and "the commission's sole right of initiative" is that they are completely meaningless to all ordinary Europeans-whether in translation or in the original. But, crucially, they are crystal-clear to (EU commission) insiders."

-the Economist , page 52, September 4th 2004.

Invincible
6th Sep 2004, 06:05
I'm not gonna write a story now so I'll just say this....

It's not a Tomb Raider we used to love.

TR-AOD
9th Sep 2004, 03:00
The lack of puzzles,
the shortness of the game,
the bugs n glitches,
poor controls
and last but not least Kurtis

all added up to one big let down :(

Lara Freak
9th Sep 2004, 13:21
Much too BUGGY (well...luckily they supplied us with patches)
The unfinished level..........(ya' know...)
quite mad:mad:
no fingernails.......

gamegerl
9th Sep 2004, 13:44
did u ever notice laras hands when she types in a code on a kepad? then look at kurtis' hands when he has to type on the kepad in the saniterium---they coulve made kurtis have his own hands-there exactly the same----to lazy-----this game was made in a rush(i think)

thanhkim
9th Sep 2004, 14:03
the red ghost and not playing kurtis cause I got stuck on the red ghost :(

Leisa406
9th Sep 2004, 14:28
Couldn't get Kurtis to kill Boaz...moved on to custom games and never looked back. :D

richie87
9th Sep 2004, 15:39
this may sound like the seventh deadly sin, but those who hav gotten stuck in the game, if u r really stuck y dont ya find a walkthrough in the net?

Lia67
9th Sep 2004, 19:47
Originally posted by richie87
this may sound like the seventh deadly sin, but those who hav gotten stuck in the game, if u r really stuck y dont ya find a walkthrough in the net?

Be careful where you go for a walkthrough, Stella's site is pretty good but there are some that are inaccurate or just downright confusing.

agent008
9th Sep 2004, 21:29
the best walkthrough r the ones with pics of the level and location of items and wher eu need to go and where enemies r

Invincible
10th Sep 2004, 07:41
Right, and those ones unfortunately don't exist, agent :D

richie87
10th Sep 2004, 20:35
i'm sure there are walkthroughs like the 1 agent mention, there always is!:D