PDA

View Full Version : SS realistic Gameplay?

Earth657
4th Sep 2004, 22:55
Ive read alot about Shellshocks realism and so forth, its meant to capture the true essence of the vietnam war, and the trailers looks great, untill you see the in-game-shots, where you basicly just run against the enemy, spraying your mags all over the place along the way, is this impression correct? Or is the game more realistic in terms of gameplay?

And whats this i hear about 5 shots to kill? Thats not realistic!!!?

ACEofSPADES87
5th Sep 2004, 02:03
That's exactly what I've been saying for the past 5 months.

SgtSpecht1234
5th Sep 2004, 02:30
listien you guys, a lot of these people are probably over exaggerating to ya know, i mean, Eidos has tried to capture the true Horrors of it, i mean, they are showing what happened behind closed curtains that hardly anyone knew about!

Earth657
5th Sep 2004, 09:01
well, i cant really see how they can capture the true horrors of war through unrealistic gameplay! Only thing left then is to make good cinematics.. lol, and.. well.. if thats all its got, then its not worth getting!

SgtSpecht1234
7th Sep 2004, 02:20
thats what a lot of soldiers did i think, i mean, they just sprayed bullets to make them hide and the soldiers could get a better position on them, they didnt just run in there not firing, that would be total suicide!

Hitman47
7th Sep 2004, 04:45
yea bout the realism of the game.... ive noticed some things from videos and screens... ive seen a lot of run and gun which isnt realsitic in any one way or fashion. ive also noticed that a lot of weapons are fired from the hip like the ak47 and the m60. in reality you couldnt shoot you way out of a wet paper bag if your fired that thing from the hip let alone kill charlie and his brothers/sisters. the tactics used dont look too authentic either. the game still does look pretty entertaining tho. it wouldnt have been an issue if realism wasnt emphasized as much as it was. i mean... we really cant say anything until weve actually played the game. ill reserve my last judgement until i rent it later next week.

SgtSpecht1234
8th Sep 2004, 03:15
well it will still be good, same here, im gonna wait till i buy it and then i'll judge it