PDA

View Full Version : Wasn't it supposed to be real ?

ch3cooh
4th Sep 2004, 12:04
I read a lot about the violence in this game the last weeks and what I always heard was that it would be really authentic.

I read that Soldiers without a leg or an arm or wounded soldiers on the ground could still hurt their enemies.
But when I blow an arm or a leg they're dead immediatly.
No matter where I shoot them they just die.

From what I read before I expected really nice death-animations ect. but it turned out to be a normal shooter with some cruelties....

Is there a difference between the promo-versions and the final ?
Or between US and UK ?

*The game is still very good and bloody :D*

Hitman47
4th Sep 2004, 16:51
youll soon find out from your buddies here in the US :-D. personally I think there might be a difference. wasnt manhunt really different there and here it was how it was meant to be? i know that a lot of games that were too violent a la GTA were drastically changed. maybe im wrong tho. well just have to wait another grueling 8 days. :-(

ch3cooh
4th Sep 2004, 17:16
hm....why should the european version get censored ?!

CKY1709
4th Sep 2004, 21:06
haha that sucks haha go america

ch3cooh
4th Sep 2004, 21:18
Sry but I don't like prude censoreship either...;)

CKY1709
4th Sep 2004, 21:56
im just playin.... Go europe too!! We can play all play shellshock together!

SgtSpecht1234
4th Sep 2004, 22:17
Yeah, i heard Manhunt was banned in Europe...

Hitman47
5th Sep 2004, 04:49
Originally posted by ch3cooh
hm....why should the european version get censored ?! im not saying it should. i just noticed that a lot of games have been that were contraversial

AgentOrange_section8
5th Sep 2004, 04:53
so man..you bang any Mama Sans yet?

ch3cooh
5th Sep 2004, 10:10
lol....yeah I did that twice but I can't see the sense....:D

hmmmmm
5th Sep 2004, 11:05
It gets sensored because of some very dum plp who are trying to find a reason wy there child would kill someone..
A while back someone played manhunt and than invited a friend to the park where he killed him with a knife and a clawhammer, now his parent say that this kid was perfectly sane (yeah wright :rolleyes: ) and he killed the other kid because he played manhunt..

So now its banned in some country's, but not everywhere, in germany for example they're banning games for ages now, i remember Carmageddon, it had green blood because the red blood was to real (( we all now how realistic that game is :rolleyes: )
But here in holland i cant remember any games being sensored of banned ((i love this country :D ))

ch3cooh
5th Sep 2004, 11:38
That's not right - there are only a few games that really got banned (bundesweit beschlagnahmt) in the german history (most of 'em because of racist content).

What happened here a lot was the "Indizierung" which means a game mustn't stand on the shelf and mustn't get advertised.
It's only allowed to keep those games in a special 18+ area or where children can't seem them.

That's why many publishers censored their german versions so they won't get indicated which means less profit.
But there have always been blood-patches in the internet....

Anyway: I always bought import-versions when the german where cut....(today I generally prefer the original language)

SgtSpecht1234
6th Sep 2004, 03:45
Was manhunt banned in europe or is that a fake rumor?

ch3cooh
6th Sep 2004, 15:38
It is banned here in Germany because of ยง131 :D
And I think it's banned in some other countries too....but we got countries here where almost everything is allowed....:D
(Switzerland,Netherlands ect.)

Hobbit
6th Sep 2004, 16:02
Originally posted by ch3cooh
but we got countries here where almost everything is allowed....:D
(Switzerland,Netherlands ect.)

Hey we are a true FREE country. The US is full of it in name, but not in reality ;)

(btw here = Netherlands, I am Dutch)

Hitman47
6th Sep 2004, 17:31
too true. im an american. its not all its cracked up to be. its better than being in a lot of other countries tho. the real drawback is that every other country in the world hates us. even tho the citizens didnt do anything wrong its the gov't and we cant do anything about what they do so please dont hate the US because our gov't is full of backwoods idiots. ;)

SgtSpecht1234
6th Sep 2004, 17:38
I heard Manhunt was banned in the UK to because like a 17 year old lured like a 14 year old into an ally or something and the 17 year old beat the 14 year old to death with a claw hammer and stabbed him with a knife, and he blamed it on the Game Manhunt

Hobbit
6th Sep 2004, 20:55
Well I have an update on that news about Manhunt:

they did find the game Manhunt, but not on the bad guy, they found it on the VICTIM!!

How stupid is that, the game is banned because of some news reporters making a (deliberate?) mistake to make something "sensational" about it.

@Hitman:

Not everybody hates the americans. But most dislike the american arrogancy, and politics. But not all the american citizens. We like Cameron Diaz for instance, and Jennifer Lopez, and Kate Beckinsale, and Katie Holmes, and and and.... . (DId I just say that out loud?)

Btw speaking about american politics: We have some American troops living across the street (there are several US basecamps here in the Netherlands). Don't ask me what they are doing here :-P. But they are nice people.

Hitman47
7th Sep 2004, 00:05
thats good to know. but the way i see it is that the gov't represents the people and that when we see a stupid or war mongering gov't we get the feeling that the whole country is that way. and thanks to lovely propaganda we all believe it. its messed up because i know for a fact that the average US citizen really doesnt care about what people do in their own countries but here comes the US gov't to interfere for some odd reason. idk its a really confusing thing to talk about because..... i cant really word it right now but when i do ill be sure to post it :-D.

SgtSpecht1234
7th Sep 2004, 02:14
yeah basically the countries government stands for the people, if the government and president and whatnot is arrogent and really pissy, then a lot of other countries think we are, also take for example, the Soviet Union, they were a communist nation and everyone looked down on them because of there choice of Government!! A lot of the people are really nice ya know, dont judge them just because the have a different government system, or how their leaders are ya know?

Hobbit
7th Sep 2004, 10:13
Originally posted by SgtSpecht1234
A lot of the people are really nice ya know, dont judge them just because the have a different government system, or how their leaders are ya know?

Well, if I had to judge them by government, I respect true communists (equal share fore everybody) more than capitalists where everythign is about money. The only drawback is that communism doesn't work irl.

Hitman47
7th Sep 2004, 16:30
communism definetley doesnt work. true communism would be the ideal form of government in my perspective. our "democracy" isnt a true democracy either. of course its our fault its that way but wed be a much happier people if we were true to our own words. what i would really like to see is that everyone just lives and does their job w/o pay becuz everything is free and you work only because you want to give stuff to your fellow man. so you could just go into a store and grab shellshock and walk out w/ it and no one would care at all. of course it wouldnt work if we just changed it right away but it would be a true utopia for me.

CKY1709
7th Sep 2004, 18:45
THE U.S. IS NOT A DEMOCRACY.... WHY DOES EVERYONE THINK THAT.... THE U.S. RUNS A DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC!!!

Hitman47
7th Sep 2004, 21:06
Originally posted by CKY1709
THE U.S. IS NOT A DEMOCRACY.... WHY DOES EVERYONE THINK THAT.... THE U.S. RUNS A DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC!!! :o w/e it doesnt really matter. i also dont remeber them saying that we run a democratic republic.. just more lies and cover ups i guess :-X by the way if u havent heard the news.... the Pentagon wasnt attacked by an airplane..... it was hit by a missle... watch this video
http://pages.infinit.net/noc/pentagon.swf

you might have seen this but if u havent i reccomend that you do so. the proof is all there...

CKY1709
8th Sep 2004, 01:35
YES i have heard the U.S. call its self a democratic Republic because thats what it is! but anyway who shot the missle?

Hitman47
8th Sep 2004, 01:43
Originally posted by CKY1709
YES i have heard the U.S. call its self a democratic Republic because thats what it is! but anyway who shot the missle? only 3 people know. God, the President, and whoever shot the dang thing

SgtSpecht1234
8th Sep 2004, 02:33
Communism does work, the system just needs the right leaders that would run it right, Communism is the "perfect" government, but you cant have the perfect government without perfect people right?

Seafort
9th Sep 2004, 22:57
kate beckinsale is english hehe.

i find shellshock to be similar to vietcong. i was expecting something more gory but its just the usual 3rd person shooter.

Hitman47
10th Sep 2004, 02:02
Originally posted by Seafort
[QUOTE@Hitman:

Not everybody hates the americans. But most dislike the american arrogancy, and politics. But not all the american citizens. We like Cameron Diaz for instance, and Jennifer Lopez, and Kate Beckinsale, and Katie Holmes, and and and.... . (DId I just say that out loud?)

Btw speaking about american politics: We have some American troops living across the street (there are several US basecamps here in the Netherlands). Don't ask me what they are doing here :-P. But they are nice people.

kate beckinsale is english hehe.

i find shellshock to be similar to vietcong. i was expecting something more gory but its just the usual 3rd person shooter. American Arrogancy........ this is why i dont like our government anymore. thanks to them were all looked at as arrogant. whatever happened to the good old days where we were everybodys best buddy?

Hitman47
10th Sep 2004, 02:05
Originally posted by SgtSpecht1234
Communism does work, the system just needs the right leaders that would run it right, Communism is the "perfect" government, but you cant have the perfect government without perfect people right? who has communism worked for then? no body. so therefore it doesnt work. its just a good idea.

CKY1709
10th Sep 2004, 02:15
Good point specht, i personally think democracy and republics are the best for a country... everyone is represented equally

SgtSpecht1234
11th Sep 2004, 02:02
Commism hasnt worked yet because ALL the communist leaders want power for themselves, its perfect written in paper but no leaders carry it out, because they are power hungry, the only good leader that was close to it was Lenin, he was a good leader.

Hitman47
11th Sep 2004, 03:02
if we left Ho Chi Minh alone and wasnt so communist paranoid. i think communism wouldve worked for vietnam. youd agree to if youve read or watched his biography. he coulda been OUR communist.

SgtSpecht1234
11th Sep 2004, 03:13
yeah it depends, if a leader actallu did Communism how it was written by marx, it would work, but no one did really, except Lenin

HiddenDeath
11th Sep 2004, 03:43
that link is a dead one so i cant see it :(

SgtSpecht1234
11th Sep 2004, 04:01
My favorite leader is Lenin, he raised the people up to a damned good cause...

SgtSpecht1234
11th Sep 2004, 04:02
My favorite leader is Lenin, he raised the people up to a damned good cause...