PDA

View Full Version : Has this forum turned to garbage?

Black Angel
3rd Sep 2004, 23:17
Back in the day during 2003 this forum was ripe with fresh topics about the latest installment in the Tomb Raider Series. However now that over a whole year has passed, we find ourselves retreading the same stale topics over and over again. I am still being asked to clarify the convoluted storyline of TR:AOD after having done so almost six months ago. For God Sake! This is ridiculous. Can we please try to put our brainpower to some aspect of the game that hasn't been addressed, or, at the very least, stop posting the same questions over and over again. You know, the forum has a "search" option for a reason. I've almost completely stopped posting in recent days, having nothing more to say on certain threads. I don't care what Lara had for breakfast in the lousy diner in prague, or about the bit of lipstick that the dogs ate for breakfast during the opening scene. Enough is enough.

Lia67
3rd Sep 2004, 23:35
Don't worry Black Angel, once TR7 comes out there will be more people sharing they're opinions. I do see some new topics once and a while, I guess people are just running out of new ideas.

GoranAgar
4th Sep 2004, 09:19
What are you calling my forum????

Panoulis
4th Sep 2004, 09:41
Goran, Black Angel speaks the truth.... the forum used to be more active last summer... I guess when TR7 is released things will change... (to the better i hope)

GoranAgar
4th Sep 2004, 10:25
You think it is "garbage" too? Or are you just failing to realize that there are still people out there who are new to the internet, new to gaming and new to Tomb Raider?

Panoulis
4th Sep 2004, 10:56
I just love your tone...! So moderating...!

If i though that TRs were garbage i would not bother buying them... As for the failing to realise stuff i have quite a valid opinion of what's going on around me... I'm not lost in space and time or lost in lust...:rolleyes: If the next TR doesn't manage to bring back to the top the series then the game is damned to be ignored by future gamers... "A failure is accepted, the very same failure again is not..."

baylisst
4th Sep 2004, 11:12
i'm sorry, but Black Angel and Panoulis do have valid points Goran Agar. i have seen many threads recently that have had near the same topics as older threads, or the threads are pretty pointless. i used to post quite a bit more than i do now, not because i come here less often (i'm here almost every day), but simply because none of the threads seem to have any appeal. half the threads are about people whishing lara and kurtis would get it on, a quarter is about threads that have already been discussed in depth, like TR7 info, and the other quarter is just random polls and questions like "what do you think was in laras backpack when the dogs were chewing on it" or "is lara left or right handed". it's all just dumb and pointless.

and when i look at some of the threads last year, there are the odd one or two that were pointless, but the majority i enjoyed reading and maybe posting in. but now when there is the odd thread or two where someone needs help, or the topic is vaguely interesting, most of the time i write half my post out and then just think "oh, what's the point" and don't do anything

i'm sorry if you find this aggravating or annoying Goran Agar, but this is just my opinion and there is nothing you can do to change it, even if you are a mod

Catlantean
4th Sep 2004, 12:09
To be honest, I don't come here as often as I used to, either.
As most people have by now completed AOD (don't say you're missing all those floods of topics about killing Boaz/Brother Obscura/Eckhardt/whatever! :)), there's not much left to talk about, other than speculating about the next game and posting pointless topics just for the sake of posting something.

GoranAgar
4th Sep 2004, 12:25
Originally posted by baylisst
i'm sorry if you find this aggravating or annoying Goran Agar, but this is just my opinion and there is nothing you can do to change it, even if you are a mod
What makes you think I would desire that? Just like you I was stating my opinion. Yes, even a moderator can have one and even state it now and then, thankyouverymuch.

baylisst
4th Sep 2004, 12:47
Originally posted by GoranAgar
What makes you think I would desire that? Just like you I was stating my opinion. Yes, even a moderator can have one and even state it now and then, thankyouverymuch.

sorry that you took it that way, i didn't mean it like that. i don't have anything against you or mods in general :)

Lara Freak
4th Sep 2004, 15:36
Talk no crap I'm new here and I will smell the fresh air in here till next year.:rolleyes:

agent008
4th Sep 2004, 19:53
lol go ban him GoranAgar like u guys did to me
:rolleyes:

knamk
4th Sep 2004, 20:05
I only just completed tomb raider6 so everything is a bit new:confused: however some of the topics i find are interesting,and some are a bit questionable as to why someone would worry about Lara's food, and pointless info but maybe it interests some people.:D but I wouldn't call it rubbish or anything like that;)

Invincible
5th Sep 2004, 04:23
You think it is "garbage" too? Or are you just failing to realize that there are still people out there who are new to the internet, new to gaming and new to Tomb Raider?

That is a good point. And that "new to the internet" one is a good excuse for them not to use a Search option ,but make 200 same topics about Boaz,Obscura and others, right?! :D
Guess so.

I didn't vote because "garbage" is a hard word, this forum was very active of course when TR6 came out, it's been a year of course it's gonna 'slow' down a little bit, but I still see some interesting polls and threads that really take my attention easily.

When TR7 comes out,I'm sure this one will be exchanged (renamed) by the new one,it will be best in first couple of months,later on it will ease up. It's how it is.

GoranAgar
5th Sep 2004, 09:03
Originally posted by agent008
... ban him GoranAgar like u guys did to me
That never happened.

jso2897
5th Sep 2004, 13:48
This is a forum dedicated to a series of games. Games that are released at intervals of time. In the time between the release of a game and the ramp-up to the release of the next one, this forum, like all such forums, undergoes a period of somnolence. Still, it's pretty active as forums go = but for the next ten monthsor so, it's going to mainly be either newbies seeking info or regulars socializing around here. There's not much "hot" to talk about right now. Have a little patience folks - the DOOM forums have been running on hope and speculation for the last FOUR YEARS. I think we can probably hang on for another ten months or so.

agent008
6th Sep 2004, 07:18

lol who do they think they r

and btw who ever said that people r not coming alot like they use to, well new people come, and alot of people r viewing but dont reply and alot of people go to school have familys and have other things to do so maybe thats y they dont visit like they use to cause they got other things to do

and btw people r making intresting topics look at the replys and views of them

whitemetal
6th Sep 2004, 11:58
people r viewing but dont reply

Did someone mention me or are my ears burning for no particular reason. l am no longer a frequent flyer here but still love these Forums and many times just look in to see what's going on . I have never found the experience unpleasant or boreing infact the counter, l always go away more knowlegeable . Not everyone feels the need to convey or converse an opinion nor to concur every time but this time l totaly concur with agent008 .

agent008
7th Sep 2004, 01:01
ouch im hurting first there is Black Angel then White Metal whats next grey metal angel?;)

Invincible
7th Sep 2004, 01:06
ha ha ha ha ha :D

TR-AOD
9th Sep 2004, 02:45
Originally posted by Black Angel
Back in the day during 2003 this forum was ripe with fresh topics about

ahhh yes the red ghost and how do you make lara sprint, and not forgetting all those fresh topics of how to get lara to use dual pistols.

Chris Daly
9th Sep 2004, 04:53
I think the forums are still quite valid
I enjoy assisting people who cant get through
sections and contributing to new threads when I can
Ive played TRAOD three times and still find new things
in it

Although some topics come up again and again
its encouraging to see so much interest in the game
Lets not deny a helping hand to those needing it.

Cheers / Chris

Lara Freak
9th Sep 2004, 12:37
Well....... although I can be quite crafty........ I dun think that what black angel said about the forum stinks. Y must u make urself a sucker? This has hurt quite some people, ya' know?:mad: They hav' people with real feelin's out there ya' know?:mad:

Invincible
10th Sep 2004, 07:59
We noticed. Madness is a feeling alright :D

gamegerl
10th Sep 2004, 13:52
no this forum did not turn to trash......until u came on j/k

Panoulis
10th Sep 2004, 20:50

lol go ban him GoranAgar like u guys did to me
:rolleyes:

ouch im hurting first there is Black Angel then White Metal whats next grey metal angel?;)

Originally posted by Lara Freak
Well....... although I can be quite crafty........ I dun think that what black angel said about the forum stinks. Y must u make urself a sucker? This has hurt quite some people, ya' know?:mad: They hav' people with real feelin's out there ya' know?:mad:

Originally posted by Invincible
We noticed. Madness is a feeling alright :D

Originally posted by gamegerl
no this forum did not turn to trash......until u came on j/k

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v376/Just_panos/Misc/popcorn.gif

Sorry Invinsible for stealing your idea but i couldn't resist... LOL

agent008
10th Sep 2004, 21:27
can some one pm on how to put in a sig

btw Panoulis i think i seen this soap opra some where
:D ;)

Invincible
11th Sep 2004, 04:33
Panos, at least there is an apology. lmao.

Good thing to bright up the day though http://forums.eidosgames.com/images/icons/icon14.gif :D

AnUbIs985
19th Sep 2004, 12:30
Back in the day during 2003 this forum was ripe with fresh topics about the latest installment in the Tomb Raider Series. However now that over a whole year has passed, we find ourselves retreading the same stale topics over and over again. I am still being asked to clarify the convoluted storyline of TR:AOD after having done so almost six months ago. For God Sake! This is ridiculous. Can we please try to put our brainpower to some aspect of the game that hasn't been addressed, or, at the very least, stop posting the same questions over and over again. You know, the forum has a "search" option for a reason. I've almost completely stopped posting in recent days, having nothing more to say on certain threads. I don't care what Lara had for breakfast in the lousy diner in prague, or about the bit of lipstick that the dogs ate for breakfast during the opening scene. Enough is enough.
I agree; that's why I'm not posting as often as I used to.:(

knothead
6th Oct 2004, 03:03

A LOT OF SPAMMING GOIN ON IN THESE FORUMS, To Much for the cookie monsters to do??? WHATS UP WITH THIS CRAPO///????:mad: :mad: :( :( :confused: :confused:

gamegerl
6th Oct 2004, 14:43
well new people come & they can look around & do search thing- but this forum-we really hav nothin 2 talk bout no more;k i think people already said this, sooo nevermind but ya, so anyways i always try & make ^ new threads but the mods keep deleting them

GoranAgar
6th Oct 2004, 15:05
Originally posted by gamegerl
so anyways i always try & make ^ new threads but the mods keep deleting them
How many of your threads have "the mods" deleted so far. 1 or 2? :rolleyes:

LARAMANIAC
6th Oct 2004, 22:26
I think the moderators and administration have been very patient with this particular board. Personally I think Black Angel makes more than one very valid point in his/her reply.

thanhkim
6th Oct 2004, 22:33
I enjoy coming to the forum it's interesting to read what people have to say:D

Solange
6th Oct 2004, 23:02
Black Angel, you've managed to pinpoint the exact reason why I don't come to the AOD boards, but prefer to pay my attention to the Legacy, LE and TR-Com Chat instead.

I agree with Goran, all new members who just started playing do need to come here and ask questions when they are stuck and need a hint. And it is not that easy to use the search option, especially if you are new, then you can spend a lot of time browsing without finding your answer. So those posts I think are very important, and also one of the main reasons why these boards are important (imo).

It's the ever repeating posts and polls in the line of "don't you just hate the controls in this game" and "don't you just hate the outfit Laura has in Louvre"... etc that were nice the first 10 times or so they were posted, but now not so funny anymore.

thanhkim
8th Oct 2004, 11:45
No this forum is not garbage it's the best tr one around all the rest are garbage.

Trinity34
10th Oct 2004, 15:10
We could talk about politics or religion or the weather....