PDA

View Full Version : Cant get sound to work ingame

hmmmmm
3rd Sep 2004, 22:45
When i start the game i get sound in the cut scenes but not in the game itself...
I cant install OpenAL bacause when i start the setup for openal i get the message that my NVIDIA sound driver is to old... and im even using my nvidia soundstorm ( the integrated sound chip on my a7n8x ultra) its disabled in the bios :confused:

So updated the soundblaster digital drivers and got the new nforce motherbord drivers just to be sure, but still its saying my nvidia sound drivers are to old..

Does anyone have any id how to fix this??
tnx in advance!

Reelaz
4th Sep 2004, 02:55
Likely Hmm, i've the same problem, i can't ear in-game ( or gameplay) sounds, i can't install the OpenALEax file because it says to me i must download the news nvidia audio drvs, i have a a7n8x deluxe but i don't use the integrated audio nstorm, i use a creative sb audigy 2 zs platinum pro, i'ved just downloaded the nvidia nforce2 newest drivers&sb ones but the same problem ... Solution Needed plz, thx 4 all !

jaywalker2309
4th Sep 2004, 09:54
What is the driver revision you have installed? exact number etc..

Reelaz
4th Sep 2004, 10:15
For Nforce i install:

nForce_4.27_WinXP2K_WHQL_international.exe ( 1st installed)

for my sb audigy 2 zs platinum pro:

EAX4DRV_AUDIGY2_1_84_50.exe ( in the info there is something about OpenAL) ( 2nd ...)
&
SBA2_EAX4DRV_031031.exe ( the lastest drivers ) ( 3th )

hmmmmm
4th Sep 2004, 11:06
Originally posted by Reelaz
For Nforce i install:

nForce_4.27_WinXP2K_WHQL_international.exe ( 1st installed)

Same here just installed these and used the auto update of soundblaster to update my SBLive player 5.1 (digital)

so im now using the 4.27 motherboard drivers and the 5.12.1.296 drivers for my SB.

Hope this can be fixed because im really looking forward to this game.

CKY1709
4th Sep 2004, 14:32
thats why you should get it for a console... computers are too damn complicated

hmmmmm
4th Sep 2004, 14:56
Originally posted by CKY1709
thats why you should get it for a console... computers are too damn complicated

plz keep this on-topic, i think there are anough plp who would want to discus the 345837 year old 'is a console better than a pc' topic with you ;)

OneTimePost
4th Sep 2004, 16:53
Had the same problem. Re-enable the onboard sound in the bios, update with the latest Nforce pakage from Nvidia then install the OpenAL. When I did that I was able to play with my Audigy with no problems.

ACEofSPADES87
4th Sep 2004, 20:15
It's funny how people decide to register to this forum because they have problems with this game. When the people who always posted hear don't have any problems.

CKY1709
4th Sep 2004, 21:03
Originally posted by hmmmmm
plz keep this on-topic, i think there are anough plp who would want to discus the 345837 year old 'is a console better than a pc' topic with you ;)
Im not debating with you im just saying that nobody has complained about the console versions

SgtSpecht1234
5th Sep 2004, 02:27
Exactly, a lot of the console people have given the game Kudos, but all the PC people are having problems, thats why im getting it for PS2, then i'll have no problems :D

AgentOrange_section8
5th Sep 2004, 03:03
im gettin it for xbox

and i dont know why that guy up there mr. hmmmmm has to be such a flippin arse hole...

SgtSpecht1234
5th Sep 2004, 03:08
Well...whatd ya expect man...

hmmmmm
5th Sep 2004, 10:56
Originally posted by AgentOrange_section8
im gettin it for xbox

and i dont know why that guy up there mr. hmmmmm has to be such a flippin arse hole...

hmmmm i think you're a bit overreacting..
All im saying is that there is no point in telling me that there are no problems with the console version , ofcourse there are no problems with it because its a standard piece of hardware where you dont have to worry about drivers and different components.

But i bought this game for 45 euro's in germany and therefore am kinda dissapointed it doesnt work, ive got an xbox to but i want it on pc, so if someone starts telling me i should have got it for xbox you understand that those remarks are kinda useless because this is a topic about solving the sound drivers problem for plp with a a7n8x mobo, its not about the console version having no problems with it, everybody knows that already.

Its like going to a garage with your volvo because you light is broken and they tell you a ford wouldn't have that problem.. you just want it fixed..
Now my remark was ment as a joke, thats wy there a smile behind it.. And you have to admit that there is some truth to it, there are a lot op plp on this forum who would wanna discuss the differences between the 2 systems, but this topic is about solving a problem that some pc users have..

So to start cursing is imho kinda childish...

hmmmmm
5th Sep 2004, 11:16
Originally posted by ACEofSPADES87
It's funny how people decide to register to this forum because they have problems with this game. When the people who always posted hear don't have any problems.

Come one you dont really think that true do you??
Ofcourse i register when ive got a problem, im not someone who spends his time on all the different forums of the games i play, if i would do that i wouldn't have any time to play the games ;) :D

But as you can see not even eidos has a good answer to this problem (not yet ofource) so i dont think me hanging around this forum a month longer like you did is gonna change anything about that.

ps: i tried to re-enable the anboard soundstorm chip and then install the software and that works but then i wont be able to use my SB ofcourse ( cant use 2 soundcards @ the same time)
And when i disable it again after installing the software it still wont work..
(( i cant use the soundstorm bacause my pc is connected to a dedicated dts receiver through a digital cabel, wich the soundstorm doesnt have))

Reelaz
5th Sep 2004, 14:06
same prob here....

ACEofSPADES87
5th Sep 2004, 18:23
Originally posted by hmmmmm
Come one you dont really think that true do you??
Ofcourse i register when ive got a problem, im not someone who spends his time on all the different forums of the games i play, if i would do that i wouldn't have any time to play the games ;) :D

But as you can see not even eidos has a good answer to this problem (not yet ofource) so i dont think me hanging around this forum a month longer like you did is gonna change anything about that.

ps: i tried to re-enable the anboard soundstorm chip and then install the software and that works but then i wont be able to use my SB ofcourse ( cant use 2 soundcards @ the same time)
And when i disable it again after installing the software it still wont work..
(( i cant use the soundstorm bacause my pc is connected to a dedicated dts receiver through a digital cabel, wich the soundstorm doesnt have))

Yes that's true. But don't tell the people who've been here longer to "keep on topic". He's just making a point that well.........Shellshock for the PC just plain sucks. And it would've been better money spent if you purchased it for the x-box or PS2.

Me staying here a month longer? wtf?? I'm just posting on this board to get info on the game so I know whether or not to buy it. And from all the negative feedback, I'm not even sure if I'm gonna buy it or not. Just thinkin' about renting it.

SgtSpecht1234
5th Sep 2004, 21:03
RENTING!!?!?!??!?!? *dies of heart attack*

ACEofSPADES87
5th Sep 2004, 21:27
yeah and if I like it, I'll possibly buy it. But I'm saving my money for a new PC so the money's a little tight.

Reelaz
5th Sep 2004, 21:34
Probally this game sux in all versions, pc , xbox, ps2, the same of a lot of "multi-platform" titles, but this isn't the point of the topic, then stfu damn n00bs & focus on the sound problem if u can't help then chooose another post where spam your poo .

ACEofSPADES87
7th Sep 2004, 03:09
Originally posted by Reelaz
Probally this game sux in all versions, pc , xbox, ps2, the same of a lot of "multi-platform" titles, but this isn't the point of the topic, then stfu damn n00bs & focus on the sound problem if u can't help then chooose another post where spam your poo .

Ya ok, who are you calling a nOOb, you are a junior member so your a nOOb!!!