PDA

View Full Version : What happen to Lara Croft's mother?

Lara1andonly
3rd Sep 2004, 04:19
I really Wanna know what happen to Lara crofts mom? Did she die? How? when? They never talk about her.:confused:

agent008
3rd Sep 2004, 06:28
i want to know if she has a dad or siblings and did she ever have a bf before etc

Invincible
3rd Sep 2004, 08:35
I wanna know if people played Chronicles, because you can see her parents at her 'funeral' with flowers,and Winston was beside them.There's not much known about them,but who really cares,we know lots already about the star of TR herself, Lara Croft. ;)

agent008
3rd Sep 2004, 16:18
well Invincible as being a guy i know girls want to know everything:rolleyes:

star girl
3rd Sep 2004, 16:55
They were not her parents they were her aunt and uncle.and Lara'as mother was killed with her father in a plane crash.

The_Elite_One_13
3rd Sep 2004, 19:42
ooo arn't you the smart one...;) Where did you get all that info?

Panoulis
3rd Sep 2004, 20:05
Lara's mother, father and fiance were all killed in an aeroplane accident... Having inherited more money she good even spent in a million lives she decided that the only way to redeem herself is to seek adventure and fool death... (I remember reading this stuff once but i can't remeber where... anyway this is not made up!)

The_Elite_One_13
4th Sep 2004, 01:45
yea i remember readin stuff like that too, but not to well, probably in a game magazine or whatnot

Lara1andonly
4th Sep 2004, 03:25
I don't think the airplane story is true but if it is u need proof people. Name the place where u read it or I'm not gonna believe you. Also how was her fiance on da plane if her parents died when she was young. I'm pretty sure she wasn't engaged when she was little :rolleyes:

The_Elite_One_13
4th Sep 2004, 03:57
but if it is u need proof people.

Is it that serious? :confused: Well since ur such the persistent 1 I went back in memory and remembered that I had found out that info in the TR Revelations Official Stragedy Guide and I pulled it out from it's dust covered pile and found within it's torn up binding that:

From: Prima's Offical Stragedy Guide TR The Last Revelation

Who Is Lara Croft?
Lara Croft, daughter of Lord Henshingly Croft, was raised to be an aristocrat from birth, in 1965. She was privately tutored from age 3 to age 11, whereupon she attended Wimbleton Girl's High School in Surrey, England. At the age of 15, she showed a brief interest in archaeology and was introduced to the subject by the renowned adventurer, Von Croy, whom ahe accompanied on an expedition to Cambodia. Von Croy never returned from the trip, however, and the undisclosed incident which led to his apparent demise also ended Lara's interest in archaeology. She returned home to graduate from high school, a boarding school, and finally a Swiss finishing school which she left at the age of 21.

Lara's marriage into wealth had seemed assured after her father arranged for her to marry the Earl of Farrringdon. However, on her way home from a skiing trip with her fiancee, her chartered plane crashed deep in the heart of the Himalayas. Although Lara was the only survivor, in a way she died too - the woman who learned to stay alive for two weeks in the hostile wilderness before emerging from her oredeal was not the same sheltered Lara Croft who had orignally boarded the plane.

Back in upper-class British society, Lara was unable to stand the claustrophobic and suffocating atmosphere. She realized that the only time she had felt truly alive was when she traveled alone and depended upon her wits to survive. With her wealth and connections behind her, over the following eight years she was able to aquire an intimate knowledge of ancient civilizations across the globe. Her father, however, soon disowned his prodigal daughter and cut her off from the family fortune. Lara turned to writing to fund her trips. Famed for discovering several ancient sites of profound archaeological interest, she made a name for herself by publishing travel books and detailed journals of her exploits.

With that said we can figure Lara is 39 yrs. old
Her fiancee is dead
Yet we still don't know what happened to her mom & pops???

Lara1andonly
4th Sep 2004, 04:13
wow, thanks for the proof. I never knew bout her fiance but I did hear about the plane crash and how she had to learn to survive in the wild and about her father and how she made her riches.

Also I would hate for her to be 39. so in my head shes younger. She just shouldn't have a age cuz what happens when she gets to 50 or 80 then what they gonna make her an old lady? That would be dumb!:(

The_Elite_One_13
4th Sep 2004, 04:17
yea tru - that's kinda weird 39 soundz a bit old I think 35 is a good age 4 her at least that's what her age will always be 2 me, but you kno... I had more biography info that was a lil more detailed bout some things if i find it i'll let ya kno ;)

Lara1andonly
4th Sep 2004, 04:19
Thank u:D

The_Elite_One_13
4th Sep 2004, 04:34
aha I found a another small tidbit on Lara's past in the TRLR pamplet inside the disk case but it basicly delves more into the reason why she went on the expedtion with Von Croy and how she found out bout it in the 1st place, nothing to revealing, saw a magazine on the table had an article bout Von Croy, pops wrote a letter to VC blah, blah, blah....

TRLR my fav...:D

Invincible
4th Sep 2004, 06:03
Her father is alive,not much is known about the mother but I can guarantie you those were her parents with Winston standing together to remember Lara as seen in this picture-->
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v402/LandOfShadows/larastatue.jpg
(I think i got the who's standing where right,
mama,right-papa,left :D )

On the gravestones's cript it say's beloved daughter with "and adventurer" one as well, so pair you see are her parents, you can see by the body language too, therefore her parents are alive and well.
She's 36! Played that level in Last Revelation when she was little?Calculate from the years it says she was there and add those years between 2004, and you get 36.

*or maybe the father is on the right,and mother on the lef....oh well :D

star girl
4th Sep 2004, 06:18
Originally posted by The_Elite_One_13
ooo arn't you the smart one...;) Where did you get all that info?

I see someone is jealous.anywayzz,I got it from TombRaider4u.com.

Invincible
4th Sep 2004, 06:31
But don't u think you'll be more informed and get the real story from the official sites, rather then some fans' ;)

star girl
4th Sep 2004, 06:33
Originally posted by Invincible
But don't u think you'll be more informed and get the real story from the official sites, rather then some fans' ;)

That I'm afraid is my problem not yourz.

Invincible
4th Sep 2004, 06:34
Of course it is :)
But I'll be happy as always to tell in one's face :D

The_Elite_One_13
4th Sep 2004, 14:30
uhhh.... star girl I was just giving a lil sarcastic humor as a joke actually a compliment if you really would like to break it down. And it was obvious I had more "official" info then you anywayz so don't get ur head all pumped up:rolleyes:

And according to the screenshot I feel as though the mom is on the left because the one on the right is slightly taller and has his arm around the other, I mean by being aristocrats and all that, I don't think the woman would be taller then the husband and to put a comforting arm around someone's waist is more of a man's standpoint. Beside's if you look at the left figure you see ankles which can only mean the person is wearing a dress. That's my rationalization of the picture.

The reason why I got 39 yrs. of age is cuz if you refer to info I got from the S.G it says she was born in 1965, but your right Invincible she could very well as be 36 since she was 16 in 1984 when she was in Cambodia with Verner. Who knows....:confused:

star girl
4th Sep 2004, 16:17
[QUOTE]Originally posted by The_Elite_One_13
[B]uhhh.... star girl I was just giving a lil sarcastic humor as a joke.

I know that The elite one and I did the same.

The_Elite_One_13
4th Sep 2004, 16:34
o.k. truce...;)

Lara Freak
4th Sep 2004, 17:08
oh........ hahaha, that is funny? smiley, please smile:)

The_Elite_One_13
4th Sep 2004, 19:03
keyword is sarcastic you kno.....:rolleyes:

Invincible
5th Sep 2004, 03:32
Originally posted by The_Elite_One_13
And according to the screenshot I feel as though the mom is on the left because the one on the right is slightly taller and has his arm around the other, I mean by being aristocrats and all that, I don't think the woman would be taller then the husband and to put a comforting arm around someone's waist is more of a man's standpoint. Beside's if you look at the left figure you see ankles which can only mean the person is wearing a dress. That's my rationalization of the picture.

That also popped up in my head a little bit later on, so I wanted to edit it...but I'm lazy
as usual :D

*besides,papa hopefully doesn't ware high heels (see the eft figure's feet..it's naked and has highheels)...lmao :D

Lara1andonly
5th Sep 2004, 03:38
I don't really think those are her parents. Just cuz there is a man and women together looking at her grave doesn't prove anything. Those could be her aunt and uncle or close friends or something. I don't think they are her parents.

Lara1andonly
5th Sep 2004, 03:42
Oh, and I forgot to say that about Lara Croft going to get married to some guy and then her died in some plane crash it was true. If u look in ur Tomb Raider 1 booklet and read the intro it says it.