PDA

View Full Version : Just a few comments

Evo_Elite
1st Sep 2004, 04:06
Dude, I mean I can't wait for Shellshock, but I really don't want it to catch to much attention in the US. I mean when I read the previews, they talk about killing women, and extreme gore. Which is fine by me, cause I like bloody games for the sake of realism and I think if women and men are equal then it shouldn't be a problem. But I think if people founfd that it, it could become the next Grand Theft Auto, or Mortal Kombat, another poster game for overally bad games. What's your opinion on this? By the way does anyone know is shellshock has ragdoll? I can't tell just by looking at the trailers, the enemy is always to far away to tell in the trailers....

Hitman47
1st Sep 2004, 04:44
yea. kill women and (see) civilians and POWs executed and tortured will get the medias attention. not to mention the use of drugs before going on patrol and having sex w/ the nurses at base camp :-X. thats a big 10-4 on the ragdoll its pretty good too.

Evo_Elite
1st Sep 2004, 15:44
Kick ass, I love games with ragdoll, that automatically up's a games score by me. It just gets fun, cause it looks realistic..... yea, I'm really concerned about all the mature themes, I mean it has everything Grand Theft Auto does, maybe even more, sex, drugs, violence, blood, language.....

Jumpin_Jebus
1st Sep 2004, 16:53
I also had concerns regarding the "gritty" and controversial feel this game has. But Guerilla wanted to make a 'Nam game that didn't glorify the war like so many other war games have done. Although the battles and events in the game are not historically accurate, the game does show a lot of what actually went on behind the thick jungle curtain during the war. The enemy comprises of both male and female NVA/Vietcong soldiers, as well as civilian villagers and farmers. The game does an excellent job portraying the fact that you always had to keep on your toes. You never know when a peaceful village would explode in an ambush. ;)

imported_mike_g
1st Sep 2004, 19:58
Another point to make about the civilians is that if you decide to harm them, it will make the missions a lot harder. If you refrain from firing indescriminately and avoid injuring them, you gain certain benefits that make the missions easier to accomplish, like informants. So that aspect is within your control in certain instances.

CKY1709
1st Sep 2004, 20:35
THANKS MIKE... good info to know

Jack455
1st Sep 2004, 22:21
That's awesome I hadn't heard that before. Thanks Mike and JJ! :D

SgtSpecht1234
1st Sep 2004, 23:56
13 more days everyone!!!

Evo_Elite
2nd Sep 2004, 16:21
Originally posted by Jumpin_Jebus
I also had concerns regarding the "gritty" and controversial feel this game has. But Guerilla wanted to make a 'Nam game that didn't glorify the war like so many other war games have done. Although the battles and events in the game are not historically accurate, the game does show a lot of what actually went on behind the thick jungle curtain during the war. The enemy comprises of both male and female NVA/Vietcong soldiers, as well as civilian villagers and farmers. The game does an excellent job portraying the fact that you always had to keep on your toes. You never know when a peaceful village would explode in an ambush. ;)

That's not what I'm talking about, thanks for going right around the issue. Controvesy isn't accepted, that's what I'm worried about

SgtSpecht1234
3rd Sep 2004, 01:25
nt wait any longer...12 days are to long...

jaywalker2309
3rd Sep 2004, 21:21
Originally posted by Evo_Elite
Dude, I mean I can't wait for Shellshock, but I really don't want it to catch to much attention in the US. I mean when I read the previews, they talk about killing women, and extreme gore. Which is fine by me, cause I like bloody games for the sake of realism and I think if women and men are equal then it shouldn't be a problem. But I think if people founfd that it, it could become the next Grand Theft Auto, or Mortal Kombat, another poster game for overally bad games. What's your opinion on this? By the way does anyone know is shellshock has ragdoll? I can't tell just by looking at the trailers, the enemy is always to far away to tell in the trailers....

The bodies are not fixed animations. Shooting them will cause them to fly back depending on where shot etc, however its not as over the top as some other games :)

SgtSpecht1234
3rd Sep 2004, 21:26
I think the US should get it today to.....Its not fair we gotta suffer....*cries*

jaywalker2309
3rd Sep 2004, 21:33
Originally posted by SgtSpecht1234
I think the US should get it today to.....Its not fair we gotta suffer....*cries*

*tries not to laugh too evilly*

Its usually the other way round that we have to wait a few weeks etc.. :)

SgtSpecht1234
3rd Sep 2004, 21:41
well this time its not....and its killing me!!!! I CANT WAIT ANY LONGER!!! im gonan go find a bridge and just cry under it untill it comes out.....then i'll go rob k-mart....

Jumpin_Jebus
3rd Sep 2004, 21:55
That's not what I'm talking about, thanks for going right around the issue. Controvesy isn't accepted, that's what I'm worried about

I didn't dodge the issue. I'm simply saying that very few games have highly controvertial content due to fears it will hurt sales or the company's image. Take a look at Eidos' Hitman series. They are some of the most horrifically violent and bloody games out there, along with all the sexual inuendos and such....and it's still one of the best selling game series on PS2 or Xbox.

My point is, if nobody ever took any risks when making games, we'd have no Hitman, no GTA, no ShellShock, etc...etc... I think it's a brilliant move to keep SSN'67 as controvertial and gore filled as the ESRB will allow.

I don't know about you all, but I have gotten rather jaded on the super hero soldier image so often portrayed in 90-95% of the war games out today.

Anyways, that my 2 cents....

Jebus has left the thread....:p

SgtSpecht1234
3rd Sep 2004, 22:02
Its no fair....Now all the workers have shellshock...and everyone in europe can buy it...now the US are the only ones that are suffering..........

Clumsyorchid
3rd Sep 2004, 22:06
What about the Austrailians? They don't get software until months after release in Europe and North America. Won't someone think of the Austrailians?

SgtSpecht1234
3rd Sep 2004, 22:13
The Australians arent saying anything though...They arent complaining like the US, lol

Evo_Elite
8th Sep 2004, 17:19
Originally posted by Jumpin_Jebus
I didn't dodge the issue. I'm simply saying that very few games have highly controvertial content due to fears it will hurt sales or the company's image. Take a look at Eidos' Hitman series. They are some of the most horrifically violent and bloody games out there, along with all the sexual inuendos and such....and it's still one of the best selling game series on PS2 or Xbox.

My point is, if nobody ever took any risks when making games, we'd have no Hitman, no GTA, no ShellShock, etc...etc... I think it's a brilliant move to keep SSN'67 as controvertial and gore filled as the ESRB will allow.

I don't know about you all, but I have gotten rather jaded on the super hero soldier image so often portrayed in 90-95% of the war games out today.

Anyways, that my 2 cents....

Jebus has left the thread....:p

Yea man, seriously, I'm tired of that too. Getting capped in the head 40 times, and still finishing your mission with top honors and winning the war all by yourself kind of sucks.

Hobbit
8th Sep 2004, 17:51
Yea man, seriously, I'm tired of that too. Getting capped in the head 40 times, and still finishing your mission with top honors and winning the war all by yourself kind of sucks.

Yeah let's go waste 300 VC in a single mission in Shellshock!

Okay that's a bit exeggarated, but in the mission before the last mission in Shellshock, my kill count was on 100+!! (not accumulated, but just that single mission!) I used the Death Machine as my weapon.

Now that's more like reality :rolleyes:

SgtSpecht1234
8th Sep 2004, 23:01
God damn we only gotta wait about 6 more days.....RAB RAB RAB RAB RAB RAB RAB!!! i cant wait much longer....