PDA

View Full Version : What is your forte???

LARAMANIAC
31st Aug 2004, 22:41
What would you say is the area of Raiding that you do best? :D

For me its timed runs - I love them - I get enormous satisfaction from beating a very difficult timed run, I'm sure the whole town must here me when its a difficult one. :p Even if I do say so myself, I'm goooooooooooood at them too!!! :D

If you choose 'other' please share what other refers to! ;)

My_Little_Friend
31st Aug 2004, 23:08
the first to vote i picked other since i like to look around and admire the artwork and design of the level and detail put into the game

i also like finding guns,ammo and anything that will help me, i like the way the dog in aod barks at you and trys to bite you.

LARAMANIAC
31st Aug 2004, 23:45
MLF, I didn't ask what you like to do best - I asked what do you do best. What are you good at??? ;)

Solange
31st Aug 2004, 23:51
I always think I'm crap at playing, I hate timed runs, and puzzles that are hard keep me busy for days unless I cheat... :eek: don't tell anyone I said that!!! I can fight, but I'm not exactly good at it... I rarely get lost, but I wouldn't say I'm good at navigating through the areas, it is usually: Ok, I went left in the last level, I'll go right this time... ;)

But after playing COTW I discovered something that I'm good at, and something I love doing!

Jumps! Tricky jumps, tricky sequences, where you have to do everything right, or Lara will dye! I love doing that! I can practise a difficult jump sequence till I can do it in my sleep! And my satisfactory scream can be heard to Norway when I've nailed it! :D

Another thing I'm good at is swimming! I love to swim. So that can't be the reason why I found Maria Doria so tedious... :D

suzieq51
1st Sep 2004, 03:11
I was tempted to vote "Dying" - I've been doing it with great finesse since I started playing TR .... but I voted "Tricky Jumps" 'cause I reckon I'm pretty darn good at them especially those ones that require just the right amount of run-up (or none at all!) and with an extra right or left movement to get round those tight corners! :D

Invincible
1st Sep 2004, 05:42
Timing jumps- Always chalenging and very enjoyable
Fighting enemies- Adrenaline, revenge..it has it all
Puzzle-What makes TR so damn good, and I enjoy turning this light bubble on every time for it :D

Invincible
1st Sep 2004, 05:43
Timing jumps- Always chalenging and very enjoyable
Fighting enemies- Adrenaline, revenge..it has it all
Puzzle-What makes TR so damn good, and I enjoy turning this light bubble on every time for it :D

Panoulis
1st Sep 2004, 15:21
I totally suck in timed runs but i am a true puzzle solver...:D

WesternWhiteWolf
1st Sep 2004, 19:06
I chose fighting enemies, because I probably know every trick in the book about killing them with losing as little health as possible.

Lia67
2nd Sep 2004, 14:17
I would have to say puzzles and fighting. My favorite move is flipping from side to side while shooting.

baylisst
2nd Sep 2004, 15:07
i'm very good at fighting, puzzles and jumps. the problem is i am completely abysmal when it comes to timed runs and i always get lost everywhere, so i hardly ever actually get to a puzzle/enemy to deal with:rolleyes:

Staticon
2nd Sep 2004, 23:50
I see I'm the first to actually vote dying. :D But it is true - I am exceptionally good at it - and I usually do it just before I was going to do a game save so I have to go and do it all again, and again. :mad:
That is the problem with being an eternal beginner with the hand-eye co-ordination of a marble statue in a block of concrete.

LARAMANIAC
3rd Sep 2004, 13:08
Awwww {{{{{{{{{{{Stat}}}}}}}}}}}}} we all know that isn't true! I've played one your levels and the hand to eye coordination couldn't be quite as bad as you say, to develop such beautiful work requires finesse! ;)

btw I know what you mean on the save game thing, that ALWAYS happens to me, and what I want to know is - how come you perform a jump, puzzle, fight so well the first time - hardly lose any health or time, then you forget to save, die somewhere else, go back to the original jump, puzzle, fight and it a takes you forbloodyever to master???? :eek:

richie87
3rd Sep 2004, 13:21
when i go into a large area i can always spot the exit, they are really useful when u hav things chasing u, like gun totting, fire blasting monsters chasing u,

i can always remember where i came into a room @, which is a gud attribute :D

Panoulis
3rd Sep 2004, 20:26
Originally posted by staticon
I see I'm the first to actually vote dying. :D But it is true - I am exceptionally good at it - and I usually do it just before I was going to do a game save so I have to go and do it all again, and again. :mad:
That is the problem with being an eternal beginner with the hand-eye co-ordination of a marble statue in a block of concrete.

I think that dying is everyones forte... even if they do not admit it...! LOL:D

richie87
3rd Sep 2004, 21:51
dying is definately the best, it's easy to do and you can do it even if u dont want to!

Lia67
3rd Sep 2004, 22:59
I can't even count how many times Lara fell down a bottomless pit because I could'nt make a difficult jump.

richie87
4th Sep 2004, 11:17
ah, the gud old bottomless pit gets me everytime! :)