PDA

View Full Version : Making trade

Branko
31st Aug 2004, 09:12
Will be possible to make trade and politics with other smaller nations not only with the top 5's?

B.

Willmore
1st Sep 2004, 00:48
As far as we know, yes.

Branko
1st Sep 2004, 06:29
Thanks.

Lonewulf44
2nd Sep 2004, 12:02
Considering that the strategic map, has taken a 'total war' kind of look, I don’t think we will see huge options for trade and supplies. At the very least it looks like Alliances or Diplomacy will take a large role. Possibly, somehow ships might effectively blockade you, and if you don’t have any 'trade routes' or something, then your armies, forts, and such might decrease in value somehow. I don’t know, just saying that trade will probably have too many options. But, could be wrong, more the merrier!

Long Live Prussia!

Arctic_Wolf
2nd Sep 2004, 18:15
A total war look? tut, tut, the only look the strategic map has taken is a map of europe kind of look, there aren't that many ways you can do maps. :p

I think and hope that trade will not be like in M:TW, "oh I need to build a chain of ships that will take 17 ships and each ship takes 3 years to building and will all likely be sunk in a random storm, and even then if any other ships, including my allies, occupies the same sea region as one of my ships, it has automatically blockaded all my trade" Hopefully most trade will be automatic as merchants don't need orders from the king to go and make money and so only the bigger trades like technology, armaments and such supplies will need to be negotiated by you.

Lonewulf44
3rd Sep 2004, 12:06
While true, a map is a map, but when I said that it had a 'total war ' feel I mean supre large provinces with big chess like pieces for armies. Map itself is not bad, just the more provinces the better I say. Less repetitive moves and such...but no big I guess.

Long Live Prussia!

Vic Flange
8th Sep 2004, 17:39
Yes, you can trade with everyone.

No you won't need to daisy-chain ships like TW but you will need a clear route. Routes can be blockaded by the enemy, but you can clear them again with a land or naval battle.

The map is work in progress.