PDA

View Full Version : There are ways to die, and there are ways to die...

Solange
30th Aug 2004, 15:50
...and this is not a good way to die!

http://team.tombraider.be/solange/Fun/Dead.jpg

And honest! I didn't do this on purpose! at least not the first time... ;)

Have you died in a funny way lately? Or a spectacular way? Show us! :D

My_Little_Friend
30th Aug 2004, 16:28
the worst way to die is a very slow death

*m*
30th Aug 2004, 16:37
LOL! Where in Last Revelation did that happen?

My favorite way was in Chronicles. There was a part where she goes through an x-ray security thing and there are boxes that you can open. One of the boxes has an bomb in it and if you open it it explodes and you can see Lara's skeleton keel over and die! Not exactly a BAD way to die (is there ever a good way) but, like I said, it's my favorite!

(Sorry, no picture)

Solange
30th Aug 2004, 17:17
Originally posted by *m*
LOL! Where in Last Revelation did that happen?
It's from the custom level Lara's London Home, by JohnnyZ! :)

richie87
30th Aug 2004, 17:23
i heard that in one level that someone created, a 'beast' reached out of its cage picked her up by the neck and throttled her, not a nice way to go really, :eek:

who ever this has happened to could they tell me what level it was so i can download it, coz this 'beast' sounds interesting?

Tipsko
30th Aug 2004, 18:38
lmao! At least she didn't suffer from a headache :p

dhama
30th Aug 2004, 19:22
There are ways to die, and there are ways to die....... well that's only two ways, i'm sure there's a third way to die....... oh yes, tranquilizer darts, yes that's it; tranquilizer darts.. :D

And from your pic...... that cooker hot plate is mighty big, but at least it's quick, I mean..... falling down the rather oversized toilet would have been far worse.... all them bends and all, not to mention the unmentionables.. :eek:

LARAMANIAC
30th Aug 2004, 21:29
Probably my dirty mind but it looks rather rude to me! :eek: :p

My_Little_Friend
30th Aug 2004, 21:31
well torture is way worst then death cause your still alive and have to deal with all the pain

btw dhama do you own a tranq dart gun?

i say it would be cruel if the designers made it so that in the hall of traps aka seasons that if the player pulled the wrong switch and went down to the trap area that if you get caught in a trap it will cut her up in pieces and her body parts is all over the place and blood is everywhere like in halflife

CatSuit&Ponytail
30th Aug 2004, 21:37
Originally posted by LARAMANIAC
Probably my dirty mind but it looks rather rude to me! :eek: :p

I think it's........ cute? :D

dhama
30th Aug 2004, 22:00
Originally posted by My_Little_Friend
btw dhama do you own a tranq dart gun?

No, but I am well versed in irony....... ;)

CatSuit&Ponytail
30th Aug 2004, 22:07
Originally posted by dhama
No, but I am well versed in irony....... ;)

Cool, I'll be over with some wrinkled laundry then. Thanks buddy. ;)

TheBoo
31st Aug 2004, 02:22
Well, here's a strange one for you........I'm just done playing Star Wars from the wonderful series Lara at the Movies and encountered a strange "death".

In the starship level Lara has to climb from the bottom of the generator room via a ladder on the side of one of the columns. There's a pillar at the top of the ladder that prevents Lara from climbing onto the upper floor, so I thought I would drop and hang, then traverse sideways to the edge of the ladder and pull up. Just as soon as Lara reached the left edge of the ladder there was a "shatter" sound (like when you shoot a jar) and Lara hit the floor on her front, turn over on her back and died face up!
I don't remember any death animation that looked like that.

I reloaded and got past that point by backflipping to the floor as I neared the top; but that death animation was unusual. Must have been some kind of bug as there was no reason to kill Lara for going to the left side of the ladder.

Panoulis
31st Aug 2004, 09:11
I guess my favorite time was dying in the swords of the statues in India TR3... Remember??? Thay used to kill Lara then lift her in the air and finally removing her head in a rather delicate way... LOL

dhama
31st Aug 2004, 09:19
Originally posted by CatSuit&Ponytail
Cool, I'll be over with some wrinkled laundry then. Thanks buddy. ;)

Ok :( but just leave out Gorans smalls eh............ :eek:

Solange
31st Aug 2004, 11:57
Originally posted by TheBoo
Just as soon as Lara reached the left edge of the ladder there was a "shatter" sound (like when you shoot a jar) and Lara hit the floor on her front, turn over on her back and died face up!
Why oh why didn't you hit that magic print screen button! :D

TheBoo
31st Aug 2004, 13:02
Originally posted by Panoulis
I guess my favorite time was dying in the swords of the statues in India TR3... Remember??? Thay used to kill Lara then lift her in the air and finally removing her head in a rather delicate way... LOL

They cut her head off?! I didn't know that.........I'm usually pretty careful not to let enemies kill Lara so I suppose I have missed some of the death animations. Decapitation.........that's rather extreme.:(

Originally posted by Solange
Why oh why didn't you hit that magic print screen button!

Ummmm, well I didn't think of that. I've still got the savegame in a separate directory, mebbe I'll go back and catch a printscreen or a screenshot (soon as I can find out the key for it).

Panoulis
31st Aug 2004, 14:41
Originally posted by TheBoo
Decapitation.........that's rather extreme.:(

:rolleyes: I'm curious.... have you ever tried to lead lara into a river when driving the ATV??? That's extreme!!! (Remind me of Scary Movie 2)

Scary Movie 2 Dialogues

News in TV: "All cars manufactured in China seem to explode when come in touch with water..."

*BOOM*