PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Of Ancients

star girl
27th Aug 2004, 07:49
I climb down where I see the broken bridge.there is also a ledge quit far away but im afraid 2 jump there that i'll fall down and die.also when I safety drop to the bridge, I die.So is there any way 2 make a jump to the ledge without dieing??

Invincible
27th Aug 2004, 08:26
Are u on the other side on that broken bridge? If u are your next step is to jump on a free non-gargoyle ledge on Lara's right side.
Just run and jump to it, and go from there..

*edit-Oh wait..u'r not :D
To get to the other side, just do a running jumpo..and keep trying unti succesfull...then save it so that you don't have to do it all over again :rolleyes: ;)

star girl
27th Aug 2004, 10:19
no!I am not on the other side of the bridge.just where u climb down and see a ledge that leads 2 a cave.Thats where I am!

Chris Daly
1st Sep 2004, 14:14
First save your progress
One step back from the edge of this ledge
make Lara jump and grab the wood
piece coming out from the wall
Occasionally she overshoots this
but Ive found one step back seems to work

If I am describing the same spot,as your message
has suggested there is a little ramp on the ledge.
You can also do a running jump from here too
to grab the wood.

Hope this helps / Cheers Chris

star girl
1st Sep 2004, 15:28
I am really bad at making a running jump.I'll try the take one step back way.You see my TRAOD doesn't save.I am trying my best to make it work.I have to play from Parisian Back Streets to Tomb of Ancients.But I'll try.Thanx!

Chris Daly
2nd Sep 2004, 11:07
Doing TRAOD without saving !!.I doubt few
people have managed this
You will definately need one for Red Ghost
Hall of Seasons coming up , plus Boaz would
be next to impossible without saving.
Are you on a PS2 have you got a memory card ?
I have a spare memory card for PS2 that I could
send you.
Cheers / Chris

star girl
2nd Sep 2004, 12:35
Thank you Chris but I have a PC.I am trying my best.I'll let all of u all know when my TRAOD start saving.

agent008
2nd Sep 2004, 14:27
did u make it star girl? some times i side jump to make it through another side and it works but i think its different here cause u have to hold on a wooden ledge

star girl
2nd Sep 2004, 15:44
Originally posted by agent008
did u make it star girl? some times i side jump to make it through another side and it works but i think its different here cause u have to hold on a wooden ledge
I am qiute busy so I'll play it on Friday or saturday or Sunday.

Lara Freak
4th Sep 2004, 17:59
tomb of ancients, have u past?
I'm a some gal of nerdy poetry

star girl
5th Sep 2004, 06:47
Hey guys!My TRAOD started saving!I installed it on C Drive (not full only the Paris levels) and it started saving!All thanks to Pleine Luna who told me that and Dino,Chris Daly and all those who tried to help me.Now I think,what is so special in C drive.

star girl
5th Sep 2004, 10:24
I have crossed the knives and darts without any damage and when i tried it the first time.I'm at the Hall of Seasons.I pulled the right lever and now I am in the Neptune's Hall.

Dino
5th Sep 2004, 11:23
Originally posted by star girl
Hey guys! My TRAOD started saving! I installed it on C Drive (not full only the Paris levels) and it started saving! All thanks to Pleine Luna who told me that and Dino, Chris Daly and all those who tried to help me. Now I think, what is so special in C drive. I don't think that there is anything special about the C drive for installing TRAOD. I installed the game on my G drive, which I use solely for multi-gigabyte games like TRAOD and NOLF2.

But on the saving thing. Are you using the Menu Save, that is, ESC/Save Game/pick a slot/Enter/Yes/ESC?

And are you saving in different slots at major points as you proceed through a level?

Does F5 work for a Quick Save and F9 work for a Quick Load?

Please answer so we can put this to rest.

Inquiring minds want to know.

star girl
5th Sep 2004, 16:06
No.It didn't work.But who cares I'm only happy that my TRAOD started saving.

Dino
6th Sep 2004, 09:00
Please, be more specific. What didn't work?

How does your TRAOD save?

I care!!

star girl
6th Sep 2004, 09:32
I save by pressing ESC and then from save game.That F5 and F9 trick didnt work but its ok.

Dino
6th Sep 2004, 09:34
Thank you!

star girl
6th Sep 2004, 09:50
Ok now I need help at the Hall of Seasons (after Neptune's Hall)I got the water crystal.What do i do with it?Plus the buttons in the middle are soooo confusing you don't know what you are looking at!I thought I was going in the fire one but realized it was the water one.Please tell me the sequence of the buttons.Also I read in a walkthrough that there are a few leversbut in mine there is only one!

Dino
6th Sep 2004, 10:30
You can enter the four elemental areas in any order. They are Earth, Air, Fire and Water. If you examine the four foot plates in the center of the room, you can probably figure out which symbol corresponds to which element.

In any event, when you stand on one of the foot plates, three doors open. As you stand on the foot plate looking toward the three open doors, you will see that above the doors there are hanging signs with symbols corresponding to the symbols on the foot plates.

Go through the door where the symbol on the farthest of the two hanging signs matches the symbol on the foot plate. Operate the lever and enter the elemental area.

If you enter the wrong door and operate the wrong lever, you fall down into the basement of traps.

After you have all four crystals you place them in the receptacles under the paintings in the short entrance hall where you entered the level. As you place each crystal, you will see a cut scene withdrawing a bar from the door in the basement of traps which door leads down to the furnace room.

star girl
6th Sep 2004, 15:31
Is it important to go in the Basement of traps?

richie87
6th Sep 2004, 17:33
the basement of traps? do u mean the Hall of Seasons with the fire,water etc, rooms off it?

Dino
6th Sep 2004, 21:03
You don't want to go to the basement of traps until you have obtained and placed all four crystals in their receptacles.

richie87
7th Sep 2004, 16:30
please tell me what this basement is, i cant remember!

Dino
7th Sep 2004, 16:51
The Basement of Traps is where you fall to if you pull the wrong lever for one of the elemental areas.

There are many lava pits, a large, spiked harvester rolling on rails, wall spikes, spinning blades, knives, curved scythes, and a big stone block.

Invincible
8th Sep 2004, 06:35
Not a pretty site , trust me.
It's like a sickoes' wet dream paradise...oh wait...
that's me :D

Smoke_Z
13th Sep 2004, 19:31
Since this seems to be the four seasons help thread, I need a vague hint. Is the key to getting through "hell's breath" to just jump on those weird looking logs sticking out of the lava? I have a feeling that this one is going to drive me nuts. (I almost gave up on the tall room in the tomb of ancients because I'm bad at jumping.)

Dino
13th Sep 2004, 23:46
Yes, you jump from log to log across the pit. Go across on the right side. Come back on the left side. The distance of many of the jumps is short, and the hop (Shift + Alt) frequently is the jump to use. One of the heads looks different, for a good reason.

The problem is that Lara may hop at an angle and not in the intended direction. She hops in the direction of her last move, so position her facing in the direction you want her to jump, then take a tiny step backward (quick press of the Down Arrow key). Wait until the swaying log is directly in front of her and the wind has momentarily stopped.

Save the game before starting across, and save again after each successful hop or jump.

I suggest that you practice the hop in a safe open space -- not trying to hop to those logs.

If you turn Lara slightly to the right, she will hop to the right twice then start hopping straight. If you take just a tiny step forward or backward, she will hop straight. Try it and you will see.

Then you will have no trouble with those logs.

richie87
14th Sep 2004, 16:04
Wait does that wind blowing out of the statues actually affect your jumping?
no wonder i used to have so much trouble on that level!

i knew there was a catch about that room! as if jumping from log to log wasnt hard enough anyway!

star girl
14th Sep 2004, 16:11
Originally posted by richie87
Wait does that wind blowing out of the statues actually affect your jumping?
no wonder i used to have so much trouble on that level!

i knew there was a catch about that room! as if jumping from log to log wasnt hard enough anyway!

I only took short hops and only one regular jump.

Smoke_Z
14th Sep 2004, 17:12
Hey Dino, my PS2 doesn't have a keyboard. Will that make a big difference?

Dino
14th Sep 2004, 18:25
You didn't mention that you were on PS2.

According to Stella, the hop is L1 + Circle.

I don't know whether the hop on PS2 has the same problem of not always jumping in the intended direction. If it does have the same problem, a tiny step backward or forward with the Left Analog Stick may make Lara hop straight. Try it and see.

Smoke_Z
15th Sep 2004, 02:16
Nah, my problem is that instead of hopping, she's taking a flying leap. So far she's only done one rolling flip into the lava. I'm on my way back right now.