PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Raider 7 wish list

dhama
26th Aug 2004, 21:56
We all have wishes for the next official Tomb Raider installment, but what are they. Share them here.........

1) No animals can be harmed unless they have an uzi.
2) Full control of Lara, no slipping into cutscenes to make up for lack of it.
3) If any other character is present, keep player control with Lara, or give choice as to which character you'll play.
4) More puzzle solving less shooting.
5) No mindless 15 minute shooting matches just to kill a 'boss'
6) More realistic gun battles in which Lara or opponant loses strength in relation to their wounds.
7) Let's have a level editor with the next game.

Tipsko
26th Aug 2004, 22:18
My reply on the tombraider.be forums, from the same kind of thread:

As first, they should play Tomb Raider 1, 2, 3, 4 and even Chronicles over and over and over again. Untill they discovered the thing what makes Tomb Raider Tomb Raider. It should be innovative, but simple. Dramatic changes are never good, it should only be an enormous graphic update in the series! AOD wasn't such a bad game, it was just like...another movie starring our favourite heroine Lady Croft. Like Angelina in Tomb Raider and...Gone in 60 seconds (or any other movie she played in).

So my list:
Dual guns (and unlimited ammo would be great too. It's something that belongs to Lara!)
Retrieve or search for mythical artefacts. Maybe some bigger rooms, maybe give lara a brush where she must dust of some walls to get clues. And with this I mean no spots you can clearly see, but you really need to investigate the room.
Tombs. It isn't called Tomb Raider for nothing!
More open locations and more different ones. I liked to be in China, Venice and Tibet in a few days times! If they do it good, I really experience the locations!
It must be big. AOD was like pacman. Tomb Raider should have more big rooms! and I mean impressive ones!
Maybe a desert drive. You have a car and need to find a way through the desert. You have nothing but a compass, some health packs and sand. If you're lucky, you just found a map. And hurry, before it's nighttime else you can't see anything anymore!
Acrobatic! Lara should retrieve her acrobaticness from the last episodes! Oh men...I just loved to defeat enemies with just my pistols and jumping around like a maniac!
Flares! Yes she needs them. We need them too. It's fun :)
This time, you should be able to combine guns. Wouldn't it be funny to have a USP in one hand and a Scorpion X in the other one? :D
Just something I'd like to add about maps. Maybe you should be able to draw a map yourself, or edit maps. This way you must mark locations you've been yourself. Maybe if you think something is still there, mark it!
ABOVE 30 hours of gameplay. Come on, it can be possible. Really!
Music. I just started playing TR1 on the Ps again.It's full of great music! I like the music especially in the hot action scenes. Fast music you want to play loud.
Lara's Home. Yes. I want to go back there. Maybe it should be accesible after you've finished some levels, so you can do some research on the internet or take a look in the library. Maybe the internet is done like the real internet, so you can even try to look for a walkthrough, or maybe even a map of the next location. Print it out!
So maybe a few small addons would be great, but no big ones. Tomb Raider has to be simple, you should be able to play it with no more than the cursor keys, control, alt, shift and space (and the crouch and flare buttons).

DM3
26th Aug 2004, 22:31
A dark level where flares are mandatory would be fun. Flare goes out, you can't see anything. Also making it more challenging would be if you had to be careful where you drop a flare. Accidentally seting the room on fire would not be a good thing, but should be possible on certain levels.

Oh, and the music thing. If it isn't regular TR style game music, I'd rather they left it out. If you want tunes while you play, break out your CD player and run it seperatly.

Tipsko
26th Aug 2004, 22:46
of course it must be Tomb Raider style! What about Venice violins? the Snowmobile theme? the Jeep theme? :)

agent008
26th Aug 2004, 22:57
lara should be able to to the same moves that sam fisher can do and more

LARAMANIAC
26th Aug 2004, 23:41
How do you know she can't? ;)

NrthnStar5
27th Aug 2004, 00:09
My ideas on the new tomb raider game :

Bring lara back into the exploration/action world of mystery and intrigue in far away places and lands.

Give her and the locations great detail and realistic graphics on par with today's games.

Improve the control system from the last Tomb Raider game.

Combine innovative new features and gameplay with the excitement, wonder, and fun of the first Tomb Raider.

Throw away the "upgradable" Lara, give us the agile ass-kickin' lara that we all know and love.

Bring back the dual pistols.

ludmilla
27th Aug 2004, 02:23
Let me just say to dhama and Tipsko that I AGREE!!

The question is: do creators and developpers read these posts? If they build the game just the way TR fans love it, is garanteed money in the pocket. So, why dont they do it?
I would like a GPS... can I have it, can I?
Another thing, when I'm playing, I AM Laura Croft! I identify so much with the caracther that I can even feel the sand, the action, the jumps... Why add another caracthers?! No thanks.
Miss Laura Croft forever.

Solange
27th Aug 2004, 09:08
I feel a need to repeat what some very intelligent people already said!

dhama & Tipsko, with your ideas combined, this will be one hell of a TR game!

Originally posted by Tipsko

Retrieve or search for mythical artefacts. Maybe some bigger rooms, maybe give lara a brush where she must dust of some walls to get clues. And with this I mean no spots you can clearly see, but you really need to investigate the room.
Yes! Yes, yes, yes! This is wonderful, what a fantastic idea!

Music. I just started playing TR1 on the Ps again.It's full of great music! I like the music especially in the hot action scenes. Fast music you want to play loud.
I agree on the music, in TR, the music is so important. And the music from TR 1, in her home, brings tears to my eyes, it is so beautiful!

Lara's Home. Yes. I want to go back there. Maybe it should be accesible after you've finished some levels, so you can do some research on the internet or take a look in the library. Maybe the internet is done like the real internet, so you can even try to look for a walkthrough, or maybe even a map of the next location. Print it out!
I want her home back too! Not so much as a training facility, there are other ways of doing that, even if the home is brilliant. Integrating the home the way Tipsko suggests is wonderful, I've always wanted to be able to "do" more things there! The home adds to Lara's character, it is a part of who she is. And Eidos, trust me, it is because of Lara we play the game!

The enemies should be a combination of humans, and entities brought back to life in the tombs. I see no need to shoot white tigers or eagles, they can easily be avoided in real life. Even if the T Rex was magnificent!

LARAMANIAC
27th Aug 2004, 10:39
I was just thinking exactly the same thing Solange! Tippy & dhama's ideas incorporate everything I would be looking for in the next Tomb Raider. Tippy some of your new ideas are innovative - I love them. ;)

Important to me:-

Bring back the dual uzis - I want to flip and fire :D
NO sidekick
Bring back the 'aha' sound when Lara picks up an item
Lara's House
More timed runs
Tombs lots of tombs

Basically bring back the awe that is Tomb Raider, the music, the vastness of levels, the wonderful locations, the vehicles, and flip and fire - don't forget - flip and fire! :D

enoch
27th Aug 2004, 11:58
I agree to most of it. The soul of Tomb Raider is naturally to explore. And to feel encouraged to explore HUGE areas you must get in the right mood. In other words, the atmosphere is the key element in the game. That goes for every kind of environment.
Of course I like the tomb raiding but I find the city/building exporing/sneaking just as exiting. Both ancient areas and recent man made surroundings can host an intriguing challenge.

As goes for Lara´s charactor I think they went in the right direction with AOD but not deep enough. What ever happened to the flash backs of her Egyptian night mares? And by the way - if she tried to proove her innoscence regarding the murder of Von Croy, it doesn´t really help if she kills a bunch of Louvre guards...

And here comes the (probably) unpopular suggestion; scre..sorry, scratch the dual guns..-..-..Yes, I know it is a shocker. I believe it belongs to former generation of raiding. I can´t see why she wouldn´t go survival/horror being an adventurer. When being chased by someone or something I would expect her to either escape or defend herself with use of cunning or interaction with the environment. Not to mention the amount and kind of weapons she has to her disposal; how can a bazooka fit in a back pack and where did she get it - Afghanistan???

Anyways, I agree to a lot of the posted ideas, I just don´t want to see her gunning and flipping anymore, it´s passé. And don´t make her into a girl power nuisance, they are sincerely unlikeable.

...And when the hell are Eidos showing us some tidbits???

BlueSkiesXXV
27th Aug 2004, 12:41
Great idea dhama, a single thread where the folk at Eidos/Crystal Dynamics can instantly view what the Eidos Forum Crew want.

We will contradict each other...sure, but after a while there will be enough information to pull together a balanced list.

I would like to see a new story with beautiful cut scenes, awe inspiring music, drop dead gorgeous next gen graphics, total Tomb Raiding immersion bliss.

One thing I really missed in AOD was the old TR control approach.
You could put Lara anywhere. I loved the fact that you could bounce around (back flip, side flip, back flip) firing twin Uzi's as you go.

You always felt in total control and the pad was invisible. Climb up a ladder and then back flip with a twist and grab anyone???????? Try that in modern 3rd person games.....no flippin chance.

I am also glad to hear that they are looking closely at 'Prince Of Persia'. That game was a modern classic!!!
Imagine that game with Lara (the gun toting badass) as the playable character....COOL!!!

TheBoo
27th Aug 2004, 12:56
I agree with what dhama and Tipsko have already said.......the only thing I would add to this discussion (I've already mentioned it in another thread) is that we ought to see more evidence of Lara's strength. Think about it: The girl can jump flat-footed and grab a ledge or rope or monkeyswing that seems to be about 11 feet off the ground. She can run and jump across a 20 foot gap without messing up her hair. She can push huge boulders and carries a very heavy backpack. I think we ought to see a little bulge across the biceps, tricep, quads and calves. No, no, not a female weightlifter.......that would be gross. What I mean is we should see the appearance of the strength in those limbs. Lara with a little muscle.........yeah, that's what I'm talking about!

:D

agent008
27th Aug 2004, 13:48
hay ludmilla developers of games do go to game web sites and look at boards to see what the people want in a game and i am 999% sure of that so dont lose hope

susan
27th Aug 2004, 15:22
Good lists from Dhama and Tipsko, I agree with most of it (except one thing in Tipsko's list - I don't want maps!).

Dhama, I like your - No animals can be harmed unless they have an uzi. One thing I liked in AoD was the dart gun that stunned but didn't kill. I used that on the guards in the Louvre. It just doesn't feel right killing innocent people!!!!! :D

For me - just beautiful environments (tombs, cities, ancient, modern, indoors, outdoors - it doesn't always have to be tombs, variety is good) that are fully explorable, unpredictable and engrossing gameplay, a great story, a decent length and well acted cut scenes. Simple. ;)

dhama
27th Aug 2004, 17:15
And to reiterate.... No mindless 15 minute shooting matches just to kill a 'boss'

Deckard
27th Aug 2004, 17:30
The only two items I would like to add are:

- The "AOD hand thingie" should be left out alltogether or at least we should have the possibility to deactivate it

- Hand to hand combat should be improved; maybe by introducing a few combo moves; this might be an alternative solution to stunning weapons like dart gun

I very much agree onthe aspect of more exploration!

Let's go adventuring!

Maynlinz
27th Aug 2004, 18:41
Originally posted by dhama
1) No animals can be harmed unless they have an uzi.

Funny line, but I strongly disagree. If anything, TR7 should return to the good old days where Lara's main enemies were animals. Being attacked by a tiger, bear, or shark is much more frightening than having some idiot blast away at you with a gun. Plus, having Lara encounter dangerous wildlife deepens the sense that she is in an isolated part of the world and must do whatever she has to in order to survive.

IMO, the worst thing they could do to Lara in TR7 is to have her become "politically correct." :p

LARAMANIAC
27th Aug 2004, 19:33
And to reiterate.... No mindless 15 minute shooting matches just to kill a 'boss'

Yes please!!!!! No more Boaz's!!! :eek:

LARAMANIAC
27th Aug 2004, 19:35

Again I agree and very strongly this time! :D

*m*
27th Aug 2004, 20:46
4) More puzzle solving less shooting.

Yes!!! And bring back the secrets. I can't decide which I like more. The secrets where you have to find things like dragons or roses; or the secrets where you get more ammo/health packs. Either way I think it should unlock a bonus level if you find all of them.

Deckard -- what was the "AOD hand thingie"? It's been a while since I played...

dhama
27th Aug 2004, 20:54
Originally posted by Maynlinz
Funny line, but I strongly disagree. If anything, TR7 should return to the good old days where Lara's main enemies were animals. Being attacked by a tiger, bear, or shark is much more frightening than having some idiot blast away at you with a gun. Plus, having Lara encounter dangerous wildlife deepens the sense that she is in an isolated part of the world and must do whatever she has to in order to survive.

IMO, the worst thing they could do to Lara in TR7 is to have her become "politically correct." :p

Believe me, i'm the last one to support political correctness, whatever it means :rolleyes: but Killing animals is a no no, (although sleep darts is a good idea), and to an extent, so is idiots with guns. I'd like to see more supernatural, creepy, maybe even demonic enemies to overcome; the fight between 'good and evil' (whoops :D , a little political correctness creeping in there...) has always been a worthy cause AKA Doom 3 ;)

LARAMANIAC
27th Aug 2004, 20:55
*m* Deckard is referring to the fact that everytime you went near a usuable object ie drawer or door you could open, a little white hand icon appeared - sort of confirmation that you were in the right place! Very bad form, made things way too easy! :eek: I agree no hand icon in the next game please! ;)

midroth
27th Aug 2004, 20:59
My wish list:
That I can play and play and play.
That I can lost my way, explore.
That I have BIG areals.
That it is not so easy.
That it is not made for 12 years old children, or younger.
That it has Tombs, Tombs, Tombs, riddles and puzzles.
That it is like an adventure vacation.
That it is a real Lara game!
That they use the real power of the Playstation and kick them all.

That's my wish list.

*m*
27th Aug 2004, 21:11
Why do I not remember this AOD hand thingie? Hmm...I guess there's no other choice but to play the game again! :D

And midroth, I like your list. Especially the big areas to explore! There's a part in AOD (I can't remember where -- all I remember is it was snowing) where Lara can go up to a bunch of doors and try to open them ... but they won't! I think it would be neat to be able to go into all those doors, even if there's nothing behind them that you would need to complete the game. You know, kind of like being able to open drawers and cabinets that have nothing in them (like in Chronicles).

Maynlinz
27th Aug 2004, 21:23
Believe me, i'm the last one to support political correctness, whatever it means :rolleyes: but Killing animals is a no no, (although sleep darts is a good idea), and to an extent, so is idiots with guns. I'd like to see more supernatural, creepy, maybe even demonic enemies to overcome; the fight between 'good and evil' (whoops :D , a little political correctness creeping in there...) has always been a worthy cause AKA Doom 3 ;)

Good and Evil can resolve their differences without Lara's help, thank you very much. :D

And, good grief! I'm not in support of killing flesh and blood animals, only their video game counterparts. Same goes for people. In terms of the game world Lara lives in, killing animals (and the occasional disgruntled human) is par for the course and has been a well-established aspect of the series from the very first game. I see no reason to change that for future titles just to avoid possibly offending some PC fanatics that can't separate games from reality.

I am also not in favor of having Lara become some sort of "Ghostbuster." I want her adventures grounded in as much reality as possible. For me, the games tend to become boring, and a bit silly, once we leave the "real" world. E.G., I didn't enjoy the Atlantis levels of the original game as much as all the others, and the same goes for the Floating Islands in the second game. Plus, I think we can all agree that, so far anyway, Lara has not encountered a single "boss" that involved anything short of emptying round after round into it until it was stone cold dead. So, since none of the previous "boss" battles have been either fun or challenging, I suggest they be dropped from the series altogether and let the terrain itself be Lara's most daunting obstacle.

The only exception to the above statements is "The Last Revelation," where the "bosses" were indeed challenging and the supernatural aspects were handled just right. Hence, it is my favorite game in the entire series and I think the people working on TR7 should use that game as a guide in crafting the future adventures of Lady Croft. Just add more locations to explore and some costume changes. :)

enoch
28th Aug 2004, 10:02
As for the killing issue, it does not have to be political correct. But we don´t need a "Rockstar" situation either.

richie87
28th Aug 2004, 10:56
here's what i think should be combined from the old games to create TR7

TR1= the vastness of the caverns and caves and the eerie silence.
TR2= a vehicle! we havent had 1 since TR4! and TR2 was brilliant because of them!
TR3= the long levels, but not ones u can get too lost in!
TR4= it was such a big game compared with the others which gave replay value!
TRC= we need some levels but not loads which are set in somewhere like the VCI Headquarters (lasers, turrets)
AOD= no other character that are playable we like Lara so stick with her! Interaction with other friendly characters.
ther werent enough puzzles and bad guys in AoD, and there was only two places she visited? and only two costume changes not including her blue top and shorts?

agent008
28th Aug 2004, 16:35
dhama- r u like one of those animal activist who r against any form of killing animals weather its in a game or real life cause it encourages people that killing animals is good?

Solange
28th Aug 2004, 16:50
Originally posted by agent008
dhama- r u like one of those animal activist who r against any form of killing animals weather its in a game or real life cause it encourages people that killing animals is good?
He is human. In the most positive aspect of that word.

agent008
28th Aug 2004, 17:03
i would like to hear from dhama himself i dont like when other people have to answer for someone (i am not being rude or anything) its good to hear from the person themself if u know what i mean Solange

midroth
28th Aug 2004, 17:04
We have a word: "Where the mind ends, the kill begins."
The easy solution is not always the best.

agent008
28th Aug 2004, 17:08
midroth- just like america we kill first and never ask questions later

enoch- leave rock * out of this, and they dont have any game that has any killing of animals that i know of

Deckard
28th Aug 2004, 19:19
That's not a lecture - in any case I'm probably the last one who should lecture anybody about anything :D :D :D .
I'm Just sharing sharing a bit of information about really big cats (http://www.5tigers.org/index.htm) bc I think it's interesting ... and somehow it fits into this context :D :D :D.

agent008
28th Aug 2004, 19:22
what do u guys and girls think of this:

when lara is in a jungle a monkey gives her a bananna cause it likes her and she can use it to heal herself

or anmimals show her shortcuts or clues

or lara can throw different kinds of food at hostile animals lol

Deckard- all those smile faces u put up r scaring me:( lol

dhama
28th Aug 2004, 21:13

No, not an activist, just concerned that sometimes the human race gets a little blasé about killing in a pretend way, free of any moral implications. Why can't we simply use a sleep dart in these cases in games; why is that so difficult?........

Tipsko
28th Aug 2004, 21:25
I like the animals as enemies. And it's more fun to fight them because they belong on the places Lara goes to, and it wouldn't make sense if all the dangerous animals would just stare at Lara passing by there habitat.

I found most of the human enemies 'boring' in TR. Maybe because they all looked like the same. The animals brings the variety of enemies in the games. And about using darts...I don't know. Maybe you should have the choice yourself if you want to use a dartgun or any other deadly weapon.

So give the choice to the player him/herself if it really is so much of a 'problem'.

And don't get me wrong, I'm a vegetarian IRL ;)

LARAMANIAC
28th Aug 2004, 21:30

I know you are probably joking dear, but I really don't think you should make such statements! :eek:

dhama
28th Aug 2004, 21:35
.......... about using darts...I don't know. Maybe you should have the choice yourself if you want to use a dartgun or any other deadly weapon.

Yes... a choice is good. :)

midroth
28th Aug 2004, 21:57

enoch- leave rock * out of this, and they dont have any game that has any killing of animals that i know of

Originally posted by LARAMANIAC
I know you are probably joking dear, but I really don't think you should make such statements! :eek:
Statement, irony or truth? Pick one.

DM3
28th Aug 2004, 22:38
Actually agent, in Vice City you can shoot seagulls.

I have a problem with the no animals statement. The problem is that this is a game. The Animals are not real. Looking out for their welfare is silly because they have no welfare to look out for. As long as people can still distinuish reality from video games, I don't think we'll have much of a problem. Also the average TR gamer is not a kid. Going by the stated ages of some of the members here, it looks like ages start in the mid teens, and go well into the 40's. I'm 33, and have been playing TR since Lara first showed up. The killing of pixelated animals has never been a problem before, and I don't believe that it should be now. They are not real.

midroth
28th Aug 2004, 23:04
If the animal attacs Lara and there is no way to run, or go around for Lara...game over for the animal.
I remember the beginning of TR3. Two tigers were there, Lara climbed faster as the tiger attact. The tigers are still "alive". Lara, too.

My_Little_Friend
28th Aug 2004, 23:12
what would be cool is that lara heart starts beating when an enemy is around that she's afraid of

midroth
28th Aug 2004, 23:22
Originally posted by My_Little_Friend
what would be cool is that lara heart starts beating when an enemy is around that she's afraid of That's a nice idea! Would give more atmosphere.

enoch
28th Aug 2004, 23:23

No, they just tell us how "fun" it is to kill homo sapiens(animal) with a plastic bag....

Anyway, I prefer to outclimb, outrun or outsmart the tigers or whatever instead of gun toating and flipping. The latter part is so arcade in my point of view.
And it´s true that people should be able to distinguish between real life and gaming but with much more realistic gameplay, well it does look like some people are less and less able to do so [Not that I think anyone would go to India with the obsession of gunning down tigers and so].

LARAMANIAC
29th Aug 2004, 00:43
Originally posted by DM3

Going by the stated ages of some of the members here, it looks like ages start in the mid teens, and go well into the 40's. I'm 33, and have been playing TR since Lara first showed up.

We have Raiders in there 70s also! ;) A diverse community we be! :p

CatSuit&Ponytail
29th Aug 2004, 09:41
No, not an activist, just concerned that sometimes the human race gets a little blasé about killing in a pretend way, free of any moral implications. Why can't we simply use a sleep dart in these cases in games; why is that so difficult?........

Originally posted by enoch
Anyway, I prefer to outclimb, outrun or outsmart the tigers or whatever instead of gun toating and flipping..
That's exactly what Lara and I have always done in every single Tomb Raider game we've played together. There is never any killing of animals. Ever. When I can't avoid them, they are all darted for their own good, and wake up after she and I are long gone. I know, because when I play again, the animals are right back where we first met them. :)...

Proof is of course found on my old website. ;) ..

Solange
29th Aug 2004, 09:44
Originally posted by CatSuit&Ponytail
Dhama, that's exactly what Lara and I have always done in every single Tomb Raider game we've played together. There is never any killing of animals. Ever. They are all darted for their own good, and wake up after she and I are long gone. I know, because when I play again, the animals are right back where we first met them. :)...
Lmao too bad that goes for Natla too! :D

dhama
29th Aug 2004, 09:59
Originally posted by DM3
As long as people can still distinuish reality from video games, I don't think we'll have much of a problem.

This isn't about 'violent video games make people violent', it's about how I feel about particular violence in games. I'm not going to preach to anyone whats right and whats wrong with the issue, we all have free will after all and can make our own choices.

Look at the scenerio though, Lara shoots animal full of lead, goes on her way... , or, Lara finds a way to avoid animal, but if she can't; shoots it with a sleeping dart and goes on her way.
Wouldn't the latter be more challenging...........?

CatSuit&Ponytail
29th Aug 2004, 10:05
Originally posted by Deckard

I'm Just sharing sharing a bit of information about really big cats (http://www.5tigers.org/index.htm) because I think it's interesting ... and somehow it fits into this context :D :D :D.

Excellent link, Deckard, cool nicname, too. ;)

enoch
29th Aug 2004, 11:17
This isn't about 'violent video games make people violent', it's about how I feel about particular violence in games. I'm not going to preach to anyone whats right and whats wrong with the issue, we all have free will after all and can make our own choices.

Look at the scenerio though, Lara shoots animal full of lead, goes on her way... , or, Lara finds a way to avoid animal, but if she can't; shoots it with a sleeping dart and goes on her way.

I..hmm, I agree completely.[damn]

richie87
29th Aug 2004, 12:09
sleeping darts would be way better,
say if u shot the animal with 1 and after a while it woke up, and if you arent out of the room...

Maynlinz
29th Aug 2004, 17:52

No, it wouldn't. And there are two flaws to your argument. 1) A single shot with a sleeping dart is not more challenging than having to fire several bullets into a moving, angry, and very dangerous creature. 2) In terms of game mechanics, there would be no difference between tranking an animal or killing it, since both would result in the animal disappearing from the game--Unless they do a MGS and have the animals wake up after a while, but I think that is unlikely since the enemies all disappear after being disposed of in every TR game except the first one. What I would really like to see, in fact, is a return to the way that game handled defeated foes. I remember using the bodies of the dead gorillas to tell if I'd been to a room before or not. :D

Besides, if you really wanted to, you could play all the old TR games without "killing" a single animal. It would be insanely difficult, but it could be done. I suppose the same could be done in any future TR games as well.

EDIT: Also, aren't you forgetting that Lara's main trademark is her dual guns?! Those babies aren't just for show, you know. Do you not remember the outcry when Lara's fans found out that she only had one gun in TAOD? Can you even begin to imagine the disappointment gamers would experience if Lara's beloved guns were reduced to trank pistols? ;)

enoch
29th Aug 2004, 17:56
you are right about the dissapearing but that is an error they should correct in future TR games. And I DO think they should make it the MGS way [waking up later].

dhama
29th Aug 2004, 20:05
No, it wouldn't. And there are two flaws to your argument. 1) A single shot with a sleeping dart is not more challenging than having to fire several bullets into a moving, angry, and very dangerous creature. 2) In terms of game mechanics, there would be no difference between tranking an animal or killing it, since both would result in the animal disappearing from the game--Unless they do a MGS and have the animals wake up after a while, but I think that is unlikely since the enemies all disappear after being disposed of in every TR game except the first one. What I would really like to see, in fact, is a return to the way that game handled defeated foes. I remember using the bodies of the dead gorillas to tell if I'd been to a room before or not. :D

Besides, if you really wanted to, you could play all the old TR games without "killing" a single animal. It would be insanely difficult, but it could be done. I suppose the same could be done in any future TR games as well.

EDIT: Also, aren't you forgetting that Lara's main trademark is her dual guns?! Those babies aren't just for show, you know. Do you not remember the outcry when Lara's fans found out that she only had one gun in TAOD? Can you even begin to imagine the disappointment gamers would experience if Lara's beloved guns were reduced to trank pistols? ;)

Don't see why they can't be programmed to just lay there and wake up later, and true you can just about get around the old TR without killing an animal, and..... no i'm not forgetting about her 'trademark' duel guns.

If you understood me correctly, you'd see that's my wish.. i.e. TR7 wish list... what's yours?

dhama
29th Aug 2004, 20:10
you are right about the dissapearing but that is an error they should correct in future TR games. And I DO think they should make it the MGS way [waking up later].

The disappearing enemies were progammed that way to keep the TR engine running at optimum level.

enoch
29th Aug 2004, 20:16
Sounds right. Which is why it perhaps is a good idea to bring in some fresh blood in developing the next game. I have seen several games where it wasn´t a problem to let them stay where you left them. Later on they´d return if you didn´t finish the level before they woke up - unless they were disposed of...

richie87
30th Aug 2004, 16:41
hitman? hitman is a game where the baddies stay dead on the floor and there is alot of them in the levels, but admittedly there aren't as many objects,

some ideas work better in theory but hopefully the developers will take notice of consumer feedback, and use it for the next game!:)

BlueSkiesXXV
30th Aug 2004, 16:57
Looks like this thread has lost its way somewhat.

>Tight controls
>Adventure, Adventure, Adventure.
>I quite liked Pierre in the first game who you would run into from time to time.
>I would tell the TR7 crew to play TR2 over and over again and then imagine something along those lines with beatiful graphics.
The Venice sections was fantastic.
>An opening 10 minute (or so) cut scene to introduce/immerse us in the story would be grand (not throughout like MGS2 though).
Bring it on...

PS...Re: The animals discussion.
In reality I am an animal lover.
However, whatever the opponents are in an adventure GAME...animals..people..monsters....they are all just 'Baddies' and anything goes.

I personally would never buy a dedicated animal hunting game... (so and so's dangerous animal hunts), but in an adventure game where you are fighting for your life....come on!!!
I will put a bullet/knife/missile into anything that is coming after me :D

dhama
30th Aug 2004, 17:23
Originally posted by Blue Skies

PS...Re: The animals discussion.
In reality I am an animal lover.
However, whatever the opponents are in an adventure GAME...animals..people..monsters....they are all just 'Baddies' and anything goes.

I personally would never buy a dedicated animal hunting game... (so and so's dangerous animal hunts), but in an adventure game where you are fighting for your life....come on!!!
I will put a bullet/knife/missile into anything that is coming after me :D

so.... are you saying you're not interested in an alternative like a sleeping dart then? Like I said, this isn't a debate on killing animals, it just happens to be part of my wish list.

richie87
30th Aug 2004, 17:40
I think an explination as to how Lara got from hanging by her finger tips in Egypt to arguing with Von Croy in his apartment in Paris might be nice, how much time past in that gap? was Lara buried in rubble or in a safe room that didnt collapse? and how did she last all that time without food?
(hmm...her back pack does carry an awful lot of ammo did she have enough room to spare for a thermo-flask and and an apple?) hehe:D

My_Little_Friend
30th Aug 2004, 17:52
dhama- what do you think of this as a mission: lara has to save animals from knife throwing and gun shooting hunters in a jungle and after that she has allies that are animals

you get to see animals fight eachother and help lara by knowing if there is a trap around or enemies kind of like beast master or some other person who can communiate with the animals

btw are you getting sick and tired of these people trying to piss you off with their responces like: I can shoot what ever animals i want and you can't stop me?

and do you eat any kind of meats? I bet you dont care less if you can shoot plants or do you?

BlueSkiesXXV
30th Aug 2004, 18:00
Hi dhama,

The idea sounds good and fair, but a tranq gun implies that there is a good chance that you will have to 're-clear' an area when you revisit it....not good (in my book).

There are many games where you could use a tranq gun...MGS2, Splinter Cell, etc, but I would always find myself going for the big guns (assault rifle, etc). I prefer the satisfying powerful equipment (kaboom) to the pffffffft.....

I guess taking the MGS route and having a tranq gun in your inventory would be good, as long as you also have the dual pistols, shotgun, etc. That way the player could simply choose.

I think the TR series has always had a good balance between exploring and battling. The killing (animal, human or other) never felt gratuitous. In TR 1 those wolves killed Lara's companion and soon after they came running after you (with the dramatic music). Then there was the T-Rex battle, etc.......WOW...All very tense and pretty darn cool.
It never came across (to me) as gratuitous....just survival...and that is the difference.
Take all of the killing out of the original Tomb raider and it just would not have been 'Tomb Raider'.

richie87
30th Aug 2004, 18:03
i dont believe that people should boast about killing animals and but if they do why dont they go and buy a game like Dangerous Hunts and keep their opinions inside their own four walls, (hope no-one finds this offensive)
and thank u My_Little_Friend that is a wonderful idea about defending the animals and plants, where possible in games, from hunters

enoch
30th Aug 2004, 18:03
[QUOTE]Originally posted by richie87
[B]hitman? hitman is a game where the baddies stay dead on the floor and there is alot of them in the levels, but admittedly there aren't as many objects,

Unless you tried the silent asassin... Very challenging indeed.
I agree in your last reply though.

Maynlinz
30th Aug 2004, 18:11
If you understood me correctly, you'd see that's my wish.. i.e. TR7 wish list... what's yours?

Yes, I understood you correctly, but this is also a forum for duscussion. I wasn't aware that the only thing I could post in this thread was a "TR7 wish list."

Many of these have already been listed, but here's my hopes for TR7:

Croft Manor - I don't care if it's used as a training level or not, but I want to be able to explore Lara's home like in the first three games. I remember the first time I made it into her trophy room and how it was just cool to be in there, regardless if there was anything to do or not.
Dual Guns - It was criminal for them to be left out of TAOD--Even if it was due to a glitch--and it would be a travesty of justice of Biblical proportions if they were (accidentally or not) left out of TR7!
Fluid Controls - I was always comfortable with the old way of controlling Lara and I even got quite skilled with the TAOD control scheme, but I want to be able to run through a level without constantly having to worry about making minute adjustments so I can make a jump or climb up on something. Basically, I want Lara to move more like a real person, not to mention 90% of all other video game characters.
Exotic Locations - I want to visit places I've never been to (and, quite frankly, would never want to!) and explore HUGE environments teeming with interactivity and dangerous wildlife. No more Paris or Prague, thank you very much indded. However, I would love for Lara to have an adventure partly based in England, specifically around Stonehenge. I think it would be awesome to climb around on that and discover its secrets!
Costume Changes - The three costumes in TAOD were, as another fan described them, various shades of bland. So much so that there was really no point to changing anyway. I'm talking about costumes like the Bomber Jacket, Parka, Diving Suit, and Catsuit from the earlier games, although, I do like the new black top and shorts for her "everyday" clothes; it's long since past time to retire the teal tank and brown shorts combo.
Smart Enemies - I want to see something more than enemies that run at Lara with their teeth bared or guns blazing. I want to see wolves attack as a pack, using the same strategies to outflank her that they do with other prey. In other words, I want to see real cooperation between her enemies, including the human ones, so that every encounter--And they should be limited, keeping the main focus on exploration--is a truly deadly and challenging affair. I would also like to see "boss battles" that involve more than shooting the thing until it dies.
Challenging Puzzles - Fetching a key to open a lock is not a puzzle, nor is it particularly challenging. I want to see a return to the timed puzzles that made the first three games so fun and frustrating. I want to see more environemtnally based puzzles, where the real challenge is simply figuring out how to get from Point A to Point B without meeting an untimely end. TAOD actually had several of these and they were defintely the high points in the game.
Retain ALL Lara's Abilities - I want Lara to have ALL of her abilites from the first five games, especially tightrope walking and being able to jump around while firing both guns at two different targets. Hopping backwards while shooting an onrushing tiger or gorilla is a great experience and one that was sorely missed in TAOD.
Deep, Engaging Story - I like what they were trying to do with the plot in TAOD, but they executed it poorly and in such an uninspired way and in locales that were so boring that it just didn't feel like an epic experience. Bring back the grandeur of Tomb Raider! Take my breath away with sweeping vistas and enormous areas to explore.
Vehicles! - Jeeps, snowmobiles, canoes, motorcycles, ATV's, quad bikes, hang-gliders, and any others you can think of. The more the merrier, I say.
High-Tech Equipment - Finally, Lara is filthy rich, so why is she using such outdated equipment? Flares? A compass? Give me a break. I want to see Lara decked out in the best exploration gear money can buy, including a proper flashlight and GPS. But I'd also like to see the ability to map areas you've visited and do some archaeological work using a brush to discover clues, after her satellite imaging system has revealed the location of a hidden cave or some such. I also think it would be neat if she had a robotic spider-like device that could trip levers and switches that she couldn't otherwise reach.

Okay, there's my list.

BlueSkiesXXV
30th Aug 2004, 18:40
A full interactive map that you can edit
It would be really cool to have a map that shows you all the locations that you have visited.

I have not yet seen a game where you can actually edit the map.
A selection of icons/notes that you could pin on a map would be really useful and cool. Basically, a virtual map/note-book.

I am thinking of a map style like that employed in 'Silent Hill' where some things are automatically drawn on (i.e. relic collected here---REAL WORLD time/date), but with the ability to make your own additions/notes. This would add a cool 'explorer' feel.

You could perhaps have a limited number of hints that could be selected if you are completely stuck. NOT a full solution, just an X on a room or even quadrant where you need to perform a more thorough examination (with notes - "perhaps I should examine blah, blah some more. I am not sure that Pierre blah told me everything he knew").
The Hint system in 'Galleon' was very useful. However, do not give the answer...only a 'hint'.

dhama
30th Aug 2004, 19:14
@ My_Little_Friend..... A mission to save animals from hunters is an excellent idea, but who are the real enemies here, as i'm sure the hunters would use tranquilizers over Lara Uzi's.......... ;)

@ Blue skies....... I rather like the sound pffffffft!! :D it reminds me of a time, there we were, all around the camp fire in the wild wild west, drinking coffee and eating beans......... :eek:
I like the idea of map, and maybe a note book that can be added to by the player. ;)

@ Maynlinz..... That's a fine list and I agree with most of it, specially the flashlight.... in the hand of course, and not whilst using the binoculars :rolleyes: . And no, you can't post anything else in this thread apart from your wish list, and if you don't agree, I’m gonna take my thread to a forum that appreciates my topic.. Hmphhh!..................................... :p :D

Tipsko
30th Aug 2004, 20:33
Great list, but I don't like the idea of the technical equipment, Maynlinz :)

Lara is an adventurer who likes the dangers of it. She would just do fine with just her pistols. Ok, and the other weapons. She wouldn't like machines easing her live!

My_Little_Friend
30th Aug 2004, 21:20
Great list, but I don't like the idea of the technical equipment, Maynlinz :)

Lara is an adventurer who likes the dangers of it. She would just do fine with just her pistols. Ok, and the other weapons. She wouldn't like machines easing her live!

ok lets all agree lara next new pistols will be like this: like true crimes she has pistols that both have a scope, silencer (in stealth missions), flashlight equiped on it(for dark missions), and a tranq to take down animals (so if its not dead the other anmals will not get pissed and go hunting for you)

and btw dhama the hunters with the rifles do damage to you and the ones with tranq will make the vision of the game blury and swervy and then she passes out and the game is over and you have to load a new game depending on how many shots she takes

DM3
31st Aug 2004, 17:11
One thing I'd really like to see is streaming in the levels. It's been used to great effect in other games and I think it would work well in TR. It's usually done so well that nobody notices. Say Lara is moving through a huge cavern. There is lots of stuff to do there, stuff to move, hidden items, maybe some bad guys. Well, as soon as Lara is a certain distance away from the entrance, the entrance moves out of memory, and a section ahead moves in. It's a neat trick that's been used to make areas much larger on consoles than they ever could have been before. When the game does need to load, load times are generally much shorter as well.

The other thing is that all cut scenes should make use of the model the user is playing. In other words, someone is going to find a way to make new outfits for Lara eventually. When that happens, it would be really cool if Lara appeared in that outfit in the cut scenes. Eliminating the FMV's and simply going with cut scenes using the game models would probably be the best way to achieve this. Everything in the fmv's could have been accomplished in a regulat cut scene.

My one last thing is that they need to pay closer attention to Laras feet if she's going to go barefoot again. In AOD when Lara changed to the wetsuit, I was a bit disturbed that her feet were flat as bricks and she had no toes. I hope something can be done to remedy that before Lara goes barefoot again.

My_Little_Friend
31st Aug 2004, 17:32
well are games are in two consoles and pc

and it would be nice if lara clothes and hair has a cool special effects when she come out of the water

midroth
31st Aug 2004, 23:45
I've changed my opinion. My new TR7 wish is:

That it comes out this X-Mas 2004...

LARAMANIAC
31st Aug 2004, 23:56
awwwww {{{{{{midroth}}}}}}! It's horrible waiting!! I know how you feel dear! Have you tried any of the custom levels? Might help the time to go by faster! ;)

midroth
1st Sep 2004, 00:30
LARAMANIAC, I would if I could.
I have a PS2 and the PC is not able to play it. Pentium II, MMX, 128MB RAM, W-Lan, Laptop. Also I'm no PC gamer.
The waiting is torture...

jso2897
1st Sep 2004, 13:52
Why stop at eliminating violence against animals? Violence against people is bad too, as is stealing and sneaking into places where you aren't invited. So why not eliminate all the immoral behavior from the game? Hell, we could put Barbie in it, and Barbie and Lara could make friends, and go rescue ponies together. Think of all the delightful unauthorized fanart THAT would lead to.:D

midroth
1st Sep 2004, 14:53
Originally posted by jso2897
Why stop at eliminating violence against animals? Violence against people is bad too, as is stealing and sneaking into places where you aren't invited. So why not eliminate all the immoral behavior from the game? Hell, we could put Barbie in it, and Barbie and Lara could make friends, and go rescue ponies together. Think of all the delightful unauthorized fanart THAT would lead to.:D ...the american has spoken...

dhama
1st Sep 2004, 16:35
Originally posted by jso2897
Why stop at eliminating violence against animals? Violence against people is bad too, as is stealing and sneaking into places where you aren't invited. So why not eliminate all the immoral behavior from the game? Hell, we could put Barbie in it, and Barbie and Lara could make friends, and go rescue ponies together. Think of all the delightful unauthorized fanart THAT would lead to.:D

Yes it is and rightly stated. Ok, so here's the plan:

1) Get rid of Lara Croft altogether, and in her place we'll have an elf. The elf will have the following abilities... a) she'll be able to cause a slight disturbance in the air with her wing..... no wait a minute, that'll cause a tidal wave somewhere else in the world??? :eek:

Forget that ability.

She'll instead have the ability to spread love and compassion to all she touches, she'll also say the Aha! evereytime she does so.
New vehicles will consist of a Robin Redbreast (not Reliant) to carry her to distant shores so her wings don't cause tidal waves. A pair of millipedes to attach to her feet when she get lazy, and a 996cc large displacement V-twin engine liquid-cooled Susuki TL1000R motorbike for posing next to.

Ok CD, you've got your orders; get to work.

Staticon
1st Sep 2004, 16:40
Oh - oh - and she must have the ability to give everyone she meets chocolates and sweet things (which, of course, will do no harm to nice people's teeth or waistlines.)

Hmmmmmmmm. Chocolate. http://www.staticon.net/Smileys/homer_irresistable.gif

Solange
1st Sep 2004, 17:41
http://www.wtv-zone.com/marciasuz/faes/2/fairygodmother.jpg**********magic***********http://images.send.com/105395_big.jpg

But you might find use for this afterwards...

http://team.tombraider.be/solange/Fun/Tandborste.jpg

@dhama lmao at the "Aha" sound when she spreads love and compassion, especially as she sounds so surprised! :D

dhama
1st Sep 2004, 21:28
Originally posted by Solange
@dhama lmao at the "Aha" sound when she spreads love and compassion, especially as she sounds so surprised! :D

It is difficult in this day and age to see such a spectacle Princess.........

Solange
1st Sep 2004, 22:14
It is difficult in this day and age to see such a spectacle Princess.........
Not so difficult, dear! Not difficult at all, I would say! And you see it a lot more in real life than you do in a computer game! :) I even saw it in Reading not so long ago!

http://team.tombraider.be/solange/Smileys/hug.gif

Staticon
1st Sep 2004, 22:21
Sol - A USB toothbrush. Such a kind gesture for an elderly, miserable old git. Thank you so much. :)
BTW - do you have any spare teeth I could use it on? :D
dhama wrote:
It is difficult in this day and age to see such a spectacle Princess......... I have four pairs of spectacles if you would like to see them. :p

marsoa
2nd Sep 2004, 13:13
Originally posted by Susan
It just doesn't feel right killing innocent people!!!!! :D

...does it? :D

In the new Tomb Raider game I would like to have a special menu where I could pick Lara' s appearance, clothes, hair etc. GOOD music, sound, too. More 'hype' music, that increases my zeal :D
Vehicles. More steady camera view which would automatically show the character from the best angle to control ,depending on the situation. Not too long talk to other characters. Dual guns, too. The old good tap backwards (if that is how you call it) which was missing in AOD. Ability to throw away some items and not to carry the whole pawn shop :D No strength increasing tasks. More puzzles. Underwater levels. Spaceship levels. Maybe levels like in " The Abyss" - Underwater spaceship levels :D Or Red alert-like levels, that would be great. Or the good old tomb levels. A game that would be like LA. Binoculars. Animals - if a monkey or other animal steals a medipack or something else, be able to make some move that would allow Lara to take it back from the monkey without having to kill it. Gadgets. Cellphone, laptop etc. Be able to choose music from several possibilities - one of them should be also music and/or sound off. Choose or change controls. Aspirator in underwater levels (it would be nice to have some level where you could swim with the aspirator and explore the sea bottom without the need to look for some air pockets. That could allow you to enjoy swimming, exploring, besides, also killing enemies or other divers that attack you, without annoying haste. Of course even the aspirator would have a limited air-supply, but at least it would be much more than when Lara has to hold her breath. And please - NO KURTIS. That's it :)

DM3
2nd Sep 2004, 15:30
Lara had better not become as politically correct as that. I like her how she is. Make her more 'pc' and she'll lose that special quality that i think everyone here likes about her. Right now you've got a choice, if you can get away without killing something, go right ahead, if you're just in a mood and need Lara to shoot something then by all means, go for it. She'll gladly put away any number of in game enemies for you in order to make you feel better. Look at it this way, it's better for things like that to happen in a game than elsewhere.

TR isn't the most violent series there is either. If I reallly want to cause all kinds of Chaos, then Tommy Vercetti will gladly do his best to try to turn Vice City into a smoking cinder. According to the in game list that keeps track of such things, the number of people killed in my game is well over a million. They, being the game characters that they are, simply regenerate and make themselves targets again.

Solange
3rd Sep 2004, 17:25
Originally posted by staticon
Sol - A USB toothbrush. Such a kind gesture for an elderly, miserable old git. Thank you so much. :)
BTW - do you have any spare teeth I could use it on? :D
Are theese to your liking? :D

http://team.tombraider.be/solange/Fun/Teeth.jpg

Or would you prefer something more modest? :o

And the day I start calling you an elderly, miserable old git, that will be the day you'll think it's time to put me away! ;)

enoch
3rd Sep 2004, 18:24
Originally posted by DM3
Lara had better not become as politically correct as that. I like her how she is. Make her more 'pc' and she'll lose that special quality that i think everyone here likes about her. Right now you've got a choice, if you can get away without killing something, go right ahead, if you're just in a mood and need Lara to shoot something then by all means, go for it. She'll gladly put away any number of in game enemies for you in order to make you feel better. Look at it this way, it's better for things like that to happen in a game than elsewhere.

TR isn't the most violent series there is either. If I reallly want to cause all kinds of Chaos, then Tommy Vercetti will gladly do his best to try to turn Vice City into a smoking cinder. According to the in game list that keeps track of such things, the number of people killed in my game is well over a million. They, being the game characters that they are, simply regenerate and make themselves targets again.

Look for STOLEN in March. Supposedly she cannot kill people but still put them out for some time, while she obtain her targets (artifacts). It looks fantastic and she doesn´t kill anyone. Look it up on ign.com.:)

Maynlinz
4th Sep 2004, 16:26
Look for STOLEN in March. Supposedly she cannot kill people but still put them out for some time, while she obtain her targets (artifacts). It looks fantastic and she doesn´t kill anyone. Look it up on ign.com.:)

Stolen does look good and it sounds like a combination of Metal Gear Solid, Alias, and Rogue Ops, with a little Catwoman thrown in for good measure--Speaking of games where you don't kill anyone, there's another one; Catwoman throws the baddies into a dumpster, vent, or other receptacle instead of killing them. But, back to Stolen, the publisher is Hip Interactive, known mostly for PC and GameBoy titles, and who are also bringing us the Playboy Mansion game. It's being developed by Blue 52 and is their first game for any system so far as I can tell.

None of this means the game will be bad, but it won't be a Tomb Raider game either, since Anya spends most of her time in museums, stealing the treasures already found by people like Lara.

enoch
4th Sep 2004, 17:28
None of this means the game will be bad, but it won't be a Tomb Raider game either, since Anya spends most of her time in museums, stealing the treasures already found by people like Lara.

Your are of course right about tr issue but I only posted this to show an alternative to killings in action/adventure games.

Maynlinz
5th Sep 2004, 15:03
That may be, but their situations are totally different. Anya is a professional thief and her "enemies" are security guards, i.e., innocent people just doing their jobs, whereas Lara's enemies are thugs and wild animals who are trying to kill her--Have, in fact, been hired to kill her in the case of her human antagonists. So, while it would be wrong, morally speaking, for Anya to kill her "enemies," it would be crazy for Lara not to do so.

LaraAngelOfDarkness
5th Sep 2004, 18:33
Stolen does look good and it sounds like a combination of Metal Gear Solid, Alias, and Rogue Ops, with a little Catwoman thrown in for good measure--Speaking of games where you don't kill anyone, there's another one; Catwoman throws the baddies into a dumpster, vent, or other receptacle instead of killing them. But, back to Stolen, the publisher is Hip Interactive, known mostly for PC and GameBoy titles, and who are also bringing us the Playboy Mansion game. It's being developed by Blue 52 and is their first game for any system so far as I can tell.

I agree with you Maynlinz.

dhama
7th Sep 2004, 18:01
I forgot to say, I also wish for a built in level editor.....

Solange
7th Sep 2004, 18:21
I forgot to say, I also wish for a built in level editor.....
No, you didn't, that was just so obvious, you thought they would know that anyway! :p

dhama
7th Sep 2004, 21:57
Obvious it may seem Princess, but without the original editor how popular would AOD have been and would there now be a TR7 in the pipeline. I believe custom levels have done what Eidos hoped they would do.... keep the interest alive.

So I ask again....... Built in level editor please. ;)

Lia67
16th Sep 2004, 00:48
Hi Dhama,

This might not be possible, but I thought that it would be cool if there would be different endings to the game depending on what decision that you make. Therefore, you could play the game more than once to see what ending and other levels you missed.

If animals are an issue for people why not put T-rex back in the game and velociraptors since they're extinct. Make them more life like. For example, having the ground shake when T-rex walks.

I would love it if Lara could explore old castles as well. Not the museum type castles where you need a tour guide, but the kind that are really old like in certain parts of Britain and Scotland.

enoch
16th Sep 2004, 09:25
Hmm. Why bring the dinos back just to kill them? Anyway, I´ll let the killing issue rest (for a while). Great ideas Lia67, about the castles and multiple endings. And some city stuff as well, pleeease.

Lia67
16th Sep 2004, 16:36
Hmm. Why bring the dinos back just to kill them? Anyway, I´ll let the killing issue rest (for a while). Great ideas Lia67, about the castles and multiple endings. And some city stuff as well, pleeease.

I can't really take credit for the multiple endings. The idea is from an old D&D book that I read long ago where you chose the options that they give you in the story and it leads you to different pages in the book. You can read the book like 3 or 4 times and have a different ending each time. I thought that it would be a cool idea for a video game.

Yes and your right we should let the dinos rest in peace. I was trying to find a solution to not killing animals. I don't really like the violence in any video game but unfortunately a high percentage of games are like that. I have played some though that don't have any violence.

AmO
17th Sep 2004, 03:58
Well I like Tipsko and Dahama's ideas and some of the others mentioned. I just hope they stick to the real Lara the way we all love her, and not try to turn her into somone else. If its going to be the way we all like then I will be looking forward to a new game of Lara Croft Tomb-Raider. :D

dhama
17th Sep 2004, 17:40
Originally posted by AmO
.........Dahama's...............

Amo, thankyou for making me sound like sunshine getaway... :D