PDA

View Full Version : Bajonets

EmperorLoef
26th Aug 2004, 18:36
Hey! What happened to bajonets????

You at Pyrostudios say you are historicaly accurate, but I don't see units wearing bajonets. Could someone please show me the light in this? Thanks.

Willmore
27th Aug 2004, 01:10
Well, bayonets were not worn all the time, they put them on, when charging, since the loadin/reloading was cumbersome, and the aim wasn't good either.

So, I assume, they automatically put them on, when charging.

EmperorLoef
27th Aug 2004, 11:59
Originally posted by Willmore
Well, bayonets were not worn all the time, they put them on, when charging, since the loadin/reloading was cumbersome, and the aim wasn't good either.

So, I assume, they automatically put them on, when charging.

Yes, but in the video trailer you see them charging/attacking/rushing without bajonets on their muskets. So, I would like to hear an answer from someone from Pyrostudios themselves. Thank you very much.

Willmore
27th Aug 2004, 14:36
The video is a very early build, in the final game, I would be seriously surprised and dissapointed, if bayonets were not included.

EmperorLoef
27th Aug 2004, 22:18
The video is a very early build, in the final game, I would be seriously surprised and dissapointed, if bayonets were not included.

No excuses please. I want to see bajonets in Imperial Glory. Could someone of Pyrostudios react to my question? Thank you very much.

Willmore
28th Aug 2004, 04:53
dude, what excuses, the video is months old, it's from E3, I guarantee you the game has been changed ten times from back then.

EmperorLoef
29th Aug 2004, 23:56
And what's your answer to my question Vic Flange?? Are you there?

Rats! It's still the holidays. Somebody of Pyrostudios in here maybe?

Man.. it's empty in here, but I still want some official confirmation on wether there will be bajonets or not.

Arctic_Wolf
30th Aug 2004, 10:56
Erm, are you mad? What do you need official confirmation for? There will be Bayonets somewhere in the game or my name's mud.

I think you are mad, especialy at the tone of text you seem to be taking, its seriously very funy. :D

Arctic_Wolf
30th Aug 2004, 11:30
I found a bayonet!

http://www.imperialglory.com/screenshots/18.jpg

If you look really closey in the right-middle of the screen, theres a french trooper standing over a falling british one, his rifle seems to have a bayonet attached, either that or rifles are supposed to be as tall as a man.

Willmore
30th Aug 2004, 14:53
By the power granted to me by the state of Cali-foooonia, I ban thee from this forum ... ok, I can't do that, but I'm sure someone can, and will.

Arctic_Wolf
30th Aug 2004, 20:08
Note the smiley face, :D, it is an indication of a joke. If you can't take a simple joke then take your own advice and piss of with your crap.

EmperorLoef
30th Aug 2004, 20:39
Originally posted by Arctic_Wolf
Note the smiley face, :D, it is an indication of a joke. If you can't take a simple joke then take your own advice and piss of with your crap.

If a joke, then it's a crapy one.

Arctic_Wolf
30th Aug 2004, 20:44
Oh dear, have I wounded your pride? What a shame.

sick
30th Aug 2004, 20:55
One thing I don't want on these forums is calling people names.
See it as a gift, that insiders are posting here, as that almost didn't happen at all at the Commandos and Praetorians section. The tone you was using was wrong, EmperorLoef. You should be thankful that Vic Flange and Souto (still waiting for thesimonwells :)) spend their precious time posting here. You didn't sound like you do...

I don't want that people leave these forums because a handful of people spoil the fun. I've seen it happening before and I don't want it again. Now this case isn't very bad, but a big fight always begins small.

Arctic_Wolf
30th Aug 2004, 21:07
Sometimes a good shindy can be good for a community, like a revolution. And its always good to reminice about the good ol' days, telling storys of the forum's great war to the newbies. :D

This reminds me of the halcyon days of the Startopia and Black & White forums, ah memories :rolleyes:

EmperorLoef
30th Aug 2004, 21:33
Originally posted by sick
One thing I don't want on these forums is calling people names.
See it as a gift, that insiders are posting here, as that almost didn't happen at all at the Commandos and Praetorians section. The tone you was using was wrong, EmperorLoef. You should be thankful that Vic Flange and Souto (still waiting for thesimonwells :)) spend their precious time posting here. You didn't sound like you do...

I don't want that people leave these forums because a handful of people spoil the fun. I've seen it happening before and I don't want it again. Now this case isn't very bad, but a big fight always begins small.

I did'nt come to call people names, but I don't let people crap on me neither.. joke or no joke.

I did come for an answer if there will be bajonets or not. Willmore did answer me, but he is like me.. just a fan. I would like to see the answer from people like Vic Flange also. That's it.

Arctic_Wolf
30th Aug 2004, 21:41
No one crapped on you. Christ almighty you sound like some stupid Rambo impersonator. :p

Anyway, did you ever think maybe Vic Flange or the other devs(Is vic a dev, I can't remember) is too busy to answer such a silly question? Its a bit much to expect them to halt their busy scheduels of devoloping the game, preparing the PR for conventions and getting on with their lives just to answer a question with an obvious and already given answer.

Arctic_Wolf
30th Aug 2004, 23:33
Originally posted by EmperorLoef
but maybe you had no proper upbringing.

Sometimes you just can't avoid the kind of people like Artic_Wolf: the a**h*l*s kind of people.

Spare me your ironic jokes and don't give me your b*ll***** Arctic_Wolf or Arctic_Clown or whatever, okey?!!! This is still a forum not your girlfriend's home.

Are all in violation of the following parts of the terms of use,

No Cursing or Swearwords.
No Attacks / Retaliation of any kind against a member, or group of members.
No abusive language.

Now are you coming to come down of your high horse and maybe appologise, or do I have to bring in the mods?

EmperorLoef
31st Aug 2004, 04:14
Originally posted by Arctic_Wolf
Are all in violation of the following parts of the terms of use,

No Cursing or Swearwords.
No Attacks / Retaliation of any kind against a member, or group of members.
No abusive language.

Now are you coming to come down of your high horse and maybe appologise, or do I have to bring in the mods?

I don't care for this forum. It's too hostile anyway. Bye bye Arctic_Clown.

Willmore
31st Aug 2004, 06:16
ROFLMAO ... this has turned into a hillarious post.

EmperorLoef, I could flame you to hell and high water, but I'm not going to, because I'm above that, and I leave my flaming to more suitable forums, but if there ever was a person who deserved a good flame, you are that person, congratulations !

Arctic_Wolf
1st Sep 2004, 01:37
Good riddance EmperorLeotard, may your non-existant wit, dreadful humour and stupidly demanding attitude never see themselves as worthy to disgrace these forums again. ;)

Senor v2
1st Sep 2004, 18:26
Bajonets?

Meh

LOEFIE
3rd Sep 2004, 20:18
Okey guys.. ehm.. I'm sorry for being such a ass. So, from EmperorLoef to just plain and simple LOEFIE it is.

As you can see I care for this forum and I care for Imperial Glory as a TurnBase/RTS pc game.

As to the bayonet thing concerned, I would like to see bayonets in this game, because bayonets were historicaly used in the Napoleonic period.

And I would like to see from other fans their opinion, but it would be also nice to see some feedback from a moderator or someone from Pyrostudios.

If Pyrostudios says it's doing a historicaly correct pc game, then they should do exactly as they promised. I hope to see those typical muskets with their bayonets later on.

Senor v2
3rd Sep 2004, 20:24
Bayonets, mate, bayonets.

LOEFIE
3rd Sep 2004, 20:29
Originally posted by Senor v2
Bayonets, mate, bayonets.

Thanks m8!

Willmore
4th Sep 2004, 04:49
Dude ... now why come back, you pissed us off, can't you just leave, and maybe join anonymously in a month or so if you want, when we forget, but no, you have to bring it up, come back, and perhaps be the same ass you were.

LOEFIE
4th Sep 2004, 13:41
Dude ... now why come back, you pissed us off, can't you just leave, and maybe join anonymously in a month or so if you want, when we forget, but no, you have to bring it up, come back, and perhaps be the same ass you were.

Look here.. dude.. I just apologized. But, hey.. thanks for your opinion though.

Czar
4th Sep 2004, 14:10
See? What did I tell you?

Advertise a game as Historic and you have to expect this - along with someone 'measuring' the scaled length of the Bayonets and saying "They are the wrong length!"

But yes, I can clearly see them in a couple of screenshots - although they are not shiny as I expected. Look for the 'kink' at the end of the rifle.

So, is there a command to 'Fix Bayonets!' or are they always fitted?