PDA

View Full Version : hall of seasons...help!

drive-like-a-legend
26th Aug 2004, 17:38
I am right at the top of the hall of season where the dark angel coated in fire is chasing me. There are five statues each holding an object. After reading the inscription "Through the keeper behold the truth" the angel then sets about attacking me. When you enter the immediate proximity of the coffin in the centre of the room a blue light appears around the object 'held' by the statues. When you approach the statues the blue light disappears and re-appears on another statue away from Lara. i have no idea what to do but I know it has something to do with the blue lights. Can anyone help.

Dino
26th Aug 2004, 17:47
Welcome aboard, drive-like-a-legend, on this your first day on the forum.

There have been many threads with "Brother Obscura" or the "Red Ghost" in the thread title. You can use the Search function to find them. With the Search function there is no waiting for a reply.

Here is one of the best of the posts you would find if you used the Search function:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Quillan [9/24/2003]
The way I did it, was after the cutscene, crouch immediately and crawl out to the side of the room. You can crawl around the room picking up the shotgun and shells at this point.

Find out what statue has the blue light on it. Crawl around the outside of the room until you are near that statue. Save the game. Crawl a little closer, and see if the light is still there. If so, save the game. If not, reload. Repeat until you are as close as possible to the statue without the light moving to another.

Now, quickly, when the ghost moves away, stand and recrouch, and draw your shotgun. Stay facing the statue at all times. Do not turn around to shoot at the ghost when it is behind you; you need to be able to see the statue. Now, when the ghost is in front of you, shoot it. When the ghost pauses, stand up, put away the shotgun, and RUN to the statue and hit the action key. If you have timed the pause correctly, you will be able to grab the painting.

Once you have, crouch immediately again, and double check your inventory to be SURE it is there. If it is, save the game again, and crawl out of the room and down the stairs.

drive-like-a-legend
26th Aug 2004, 18:17
Many thanks Dino. It was driving me mad. I have a feeling it wont be the first time I ask for advice. Once again...cheers!!

DM3
26th Aug 2004, 22:37
heh, just wait until you have to kill Boaz. That's the other boss fight that drives people mad.

Jewell
27th Aug 2004, 00:42
Originally posted by DM3
heh, just wait until you have to kill Boaz. That's the other boss fight that drives people mad.

*evil laugh*

drive-like-a-legend
27th Aug 2004, 10:27
Boaz huh! great..I'll look forward to that...not. By the way..is there any way to change the controller to the direction buttons instead of the joystick? I dont think the game has been ruined but jeez it makes you wanna reach into the TV and strangle Lara for going the wrong way when the camera angle changes and getting herself killed!!!

Lia67
29th Aug 2004, 19:04
There is another way to get the painting, but it requires that you do things in a certain sequence. I've played AOD twice now and this works everytime.

You want to crawl to the corner of the raised dias, make sure that the statue with the blue light is to your left (usuallly I pick the corner where Lara is facing the back wall and the door is to her back and the raised dias with the statues to her left. You might have to crawl around a bit so that the blue light goes to the side that you want it to be on . Crawl forward so that Lara's hands are almost touching the narrow lava pit that surrounds the dias. Turn right but remain in place. Arm yourself with the shotgun and go into a crouch position. You want to shoot the ghost when it's in front of you and on your right. After you have shot it about 19 times, save your game in case . After the 21st shot the ghost sort of puts its head down, when it does immediatly stand up, do a backflip putting the shotgun away in mid-flip (It can be done), and when you land you should be next to the statue with the blue light and the hand icon should appear, click to grab the painting. If the hand icon does not appear that means you need to reload your saved game and reallign Lara a bit depending where you landed the first time.

Lia67
29th Aug 2004, 19:17
Boaz is actually not that difficult to kill but you have to know what button to use to target a pod.

Here's how I defeated her,

Have Kurtis pick up the clip then head for the right corner of the room, turn him around so that his back is facing the corner and back him up so he's up against it. Boaz will attack him here but he won't take on as much damage. Now shoot the pods in the front when Boaz starts spewing green stuff. Use the Tab button to aim dirrectly at the pods. Shoot Boaz in the face to make her spew again, but this time (and this takes some guts but Kurtis will not get damaged this way) Move Kurtis forward against Boaz while tapping the left dirrectional key to move to her left side. When you get to the back pod press the Tab button to target and shoot it twice. To get the other back pod he might take on some damage. What you have to do is head for the other corner and repeat the same proceedure. Save your game after shooting each pod.

gamegerl
30th Aug 2004, 13:43
Originally posted by Lia67
Boaz is actually not that difficult to kill but you have to know what button to use to target a pod.

Here's how I defeated her,

Have Kurtis pick up the clip then head for the right corner of the room, turn him around so that his back is facing the corner and back him up so he's up against it. Boaz will attack him here but he won't take on as much damage. Now shoot the pods in the front when Boaz starts spewing green stuff. Use the Tab button to aim dirrectly at the pods. Shoot Boaz in the face to make her spew again, but this time (and this takes some guts but Kurtis will not get damaged this way) Move Kurtis forward against Boaz while tapping the left dirrectional key to move to her left side. When you get to the back pod press the Tab button to target and shoot it twice. To get the other back pod he might take on some damage. What you have to do is head for the other corner and repeat the same proceedure. Save your game after shooting each pod. i am on 'boez' level already and as i was playing it my moniter went blank for a few sec. and it came back on - everything on my computar now is upside down:( :( :(

Lia67
30th Aug 2004, 20:09
It might be that your videocard overheated, there's an automatic shut down when that happens. Try reinstalling the game, but don't uninstall, your save game folder should still be there. It also could be a bug in the game, get a download for the latest TRAOD patch online. I installed the patch and had no problems in the Boaz level.
I hope this has helped you in some way, I understand what it's like when your comp goes haywire.:(

SpyroDragon
5th Sep 2004, 00:42
I do not like this sequence. I'm not worried about the ghost. Just the light goes from one statue to another. That's not fair. I stopped playing the game last Dec. Now, I'm back on it. And still no luck. Oh, the injustice.

Invincible
5th Sep 2004, 04:04
Originally posted by drive-like-a-legend
I am right at the top of the hall of season where the dark angel coated in fire is chasing me.

U know what i like about these repeating threads. U'll never know what each person is going to call them...and this one is by far the best http://forums.eidosgames.com/images/icons/icon14.gif :D