PDA

View Full Version : Reverse poly error again

John D.
26th Aug 2004, 17:18
Has anyone else found out anything about this error by any chance, It's been cropping up in pt 2 again-I banished it a while back by deleting some architecture and rearranging some areas but it's back. The monolog spits out stuff like. d6Prim_s.cpp@283] ReservePolySlots(): poly too large!
[d6Prim_s.cpp@1953] DrawPrimitive(poly) failed: error 32
Unrecognized error value.
Anybody know anything about this? I may be jamming too much detail/objects in certian areas but I'd thought I'd double check before making alterations.

Belboz
28th Aug 2004, 06:25
one of your polys is too large, probably too many 8 or 9 or 10 sided cylinders and dodecahedrons in one area.

dromed splits up areas into polys or cells, if a cell is too big you get a poly error, the command show_cell with show the cells in the 3d window, any black cells is bad.

its nothing to do with a texture being the wrong size, that produces a different error.

John D.
28th Aug 2004, 13:02
Ah, I see plenty of colors and some dark surfaces here and there. These appear to be in areas where I have a lot of windows using 8-sided brushes.
I'll eliminate some of them and see if that clears things up.:)

John D.
28th Aug 2004, 21:57
Oh lord! The black stains are everywhere! Looks like I'll have to do some serious rebuilding! Actually it may work in my favor, I can focus on chopping half-finished stuff and place more emphasis on the quality areas. Whew, when you build big-Dromed likes to bite HARD!:eek: :p