PDA

View Full Version : Lara is not a real person.... no seriously

dhama
24th Aug 2004, 21:47
I found the reason for the low box office results according to AJ a little laughable if she did indeed say it......

Tomb Raider 2 flopped at the box office because advertising posters were "unsexy", according to the film's star Angelina Jolie.

The actress blames the film's marketing managers for overly airbrushing images of her as sexy action heroine Lara Croft, that were used to promote the sequel.

She says, "Once they had airbrushed any sexuality out of the poster that was it. Bye bye box office.

Perhaps the flop was more due to over emphasis on bad plot lines that had nothing to do with the basis of the character, bad editing between different locations, as well as overall dodgy editing, and too much sexual innuendo and love interest that made the movies more akin to current hollywood style political correctness...
The reason for the flop, (and lets face it, if we all knew then what we know now about the first movie, would it have made so much) was the fact it should have been CGI based all along; why take all the best ingredients and throw them out of the window for the sake of human arrogance....... GRrrrrrrrrrr :mad:

agent008
24th Aug 2004, 22:01
who the hell thought lara was an actual person now thats just sad

MissLara2U
24th Aug 2004, 22:47
LOL!

Oh believe me, you'd be surprised! Sme of the emails we receive start off so innocent: "Now I know Lara Croft isn't real" and before long digress into a full-on confession of love.

That's devotion for you I guess. ;)

M.

agent008
24th Aug 2004, 22:56
u said u get full of emails from obsessed lara fans do u work for the creaters of the game or eidos?

MissLara2U
24th Aug 2004, 22:59
No. The site I'm resonsible for isn't officially endorsed by Eidos or Core. Having said that, we've been knocking around for some time and receive considerable communications from fans of the series.

Greetings.

M.

MissLara2U
24th Aug 2004, 23:12
On the subject of super-fans, I haven't heard from Niels in a while. He used to write for Daniel's Tomb Raider site (www.tombnews.com) - anyone seen or heard from him?

midroth
25th Aug 2004, 00:47
Originally posted by dhama
I found the reason for the low box office results according to AJ a little laughable if she did indeed say it......

Perhaps the flop was more due to over emphasis on bad plot lines that had nothing to do with the basis of the character, bad editing between different locations, as well as overall dodgy editing, and too much sexual innuendo and love interest that made the movies more akin to current hollywood style political correctness...
The reason for the flop, (and lets face it, if we all knew then what we know now about the first movie, would it have made so much) was the fact it should have been CGI based all along; why take all the best ingredients and throw them out of the window for the sake of human arrogance....... GRrrrrrrrrrr :mad: The movie was flopped, because he was *****. AJ did not act propper, the director did not know and cuts and story line was done by an amateur. They was to lazy to make the school work: What is it, what's to do a.s.o.
Anyhow I've got the impression they tried to found a "new" female" Bond caricature. "On her majesties secret service" part 2. And they poorly failed.
Imho...

CatSuit&Ponytail
25th Aug 2004, 10:59
Originally posted by MissLara2U
The site I'm responsible for isn't officially endorsed by Eidos or Core. Having said that, we've been knocking around for some time and receive considerable communications from fans of the series.

Ha! Same here, (although being the low key site, it's not "considerable", ;) ). They usually are quite quite young, address me as Lara, and so I used to forward them all to Core to get Lara to reply. I haven't got one for a while though. ;)

thanhkim
25th Aug 2004, 12:22
what a shocker lara isn't real of course she's isn't real if I speak of her I only imagine if she was real man if you really think she's real well you will be waiting a bloody long time from her for an email if you wrote her one. :)

GoranAgar
25th Aug 2004, 13:47
Really, I am healed. You can release me now, Doctor. I am back to normal.

Lara Croft Online
25th Aug 2004, 13:56
Wow now I can take Lara off my taxes as a dependent! phew
thanks man. :D

agent008
25th Aug 2004, 14:09
doctor: ok to confirm your sane now GoranAgar im putting u through some test ok?

GoranAgar: ok ok inhale, exhale

doctor: {puts GoranAgar in a room full of lara look alikes}

GoranAgar: flips out and says i told u lara is a real person doc

doctor:ok your sane alright and says take him back to his room

GoranAgar: Noooo

GoranAgar
25th Aug 2004, 14:15
Actually agent, in the scene I described it wasn't me. And if you do a bit of thinking you'll maybe get it.

agent008
25th Aug 2004, 14:22
ok :(

y dont u post on some aod forums btw can u help my problem in the eax post tech forum of aod? its the first one that marked important

LARAMANIAC
25th Aug 2004, 22:02
She isn't real??? :eek:

agent008
25th Aug 2004, 22:21
hay LARAMANIAC dont worry santa, the easter bunny, and the others real :) turn that smile upside down and then that frown upside down lol :) :(

collidescope
26th Aug 2004, 06:59
dhama: got linkage?

Frodo Baggins isn't real and they commissioned a flesh-and-blood actor to portray him... And I don't think they had a supreme holy being playing the lead in The Passion... What is the world coming to when we can't expect characters to.. be.. real? :(

Invincible
26th Aug 2004, 07:28
I never liked that girl (thing)
always thought she was a freak :rolleyes:

For one if she thinks that lara is all about s*x and that it's all that sells,just wtf is she acting her for?
Something telling about herself perhaps ;)

Solange
26th Aug 2004, 10:20
She isn't real? :eek: Then I want to know who the hell I have been out shooting endangered species with for the past few years! :mad:

midroth
26th Aug 2004, 14:09
The ikea-man?

*m*
26th Aug 2004, 14:32
Originally posted by agent008
hay LARAMANIAC dont worry santa, the easter bunny, and the others are real

And the Great Pumpkin too!

THE True Lara
26th Aug 2004, 16:45
Originally posted by dhama
Thank you for saying that, I needed to know someone else noticed. :)

agent008
26th Aug 2004, 17:05
well every where sex sells

LARAMANIAC
26th Aug 2004, 17:52
Originally posted by collidescope

Frodo Baggins isn't real

omg!!! :eek: First Lara now Frodo, I can't take anymore! :(

Solange
26th Aug 2004, 18:07
Aww hunni! :( It will be ok, honest! It is time to let go of those childhood fantasies and take a big step into the real world! And as @m said, there is always the Great Pumkin, who will come, once a year, to those who truly believes in him!

agent008
26th Aug 2004, 18:15
o im afraid to say that those monsters under your bed and in the closet exist :(

LARAMANIAC
26th Aug 2004, 18:16
If I truely believe in Lara will she visit me too? :D

agent008
26th Aug 2004, 18:19
o yea if u pray and cross your fingers alot it will truely come true

theres no place like home

theres no place like home

o damn im still at college

Solange
26th Aug 2004, 18:43
Originally posted by LARAMANIAC
If I truely believe in Lara will she visit me too? :D
I believe she is already a houseguest of yours! ;)

LARAMANIAC
26th Aug 2004, 19:09
This is very true! ;)
http://team.tombraider.be/laramaniac/ourLara3.jpg

LaraAngelOfDarkness
28th Aug 2004, 21:19
Originally posted by Invincible
I never liked that girl (thing)
always thought she was a freak :rolleyes:

For one if she thinks that lara is all about s*x and that it's all that sells,just wtf is she acting her for?
Something telling about herself perhaps ;)

Are you talking about Angelina? If you are, I want a link to this so called claim she said Lara is just all sex. Everytime I hear about Lara from her, she says that Lara has a tough side but she is still a Lady.

dhama
28th Aug 2004, 21:32
Originally posted by LaraAngelOfDarkness
Are you talking about Angelina? If you are, I want a link to this so called claim she said Lara is just all sex. Everytime I hear about Lara from her, she says that Lara has a tough side but she is still a Lady.

http://www.tombnews.com/ although i'm always dubious about this type of news. if she didn't say it, it was said by someone, and only supports the fact that media definately see's Lara this way. Pathetic if you ask me..... :rolleyes:

midroth
28th Aug 2004, 23:15
And if AJ said it, she didn't understand the Lara Croft role...

Sang
29th Aug 2004, 21:36
Oh but I did see Lara once on Halloween, guarding a bunch of kids, I followed, she pulled out her guns and told me to bug off

jso2897
30th Aug 2004, 00:25
Lara Croft is real. It's the existence of this "Angelina Jolie" person we should be questioning. This alleged woman is supposedly a major Hollywood actress - and yet she posesses no talent whatsoever! She is alleged to have publicly professed her sexual feelings for her brother and to have worn a vial of her husband's blood on a chain around her neck. This is obviously a fictional person - no such living absurdity could actually exist. Why, I'll bet that if you asked A.J. to provide you with any evidence of her actual existence, she wouldn't be able to come up with any. Or with anything else, for that matter....:D

Alti
30th Aug 2004, 00:43
Oh No!! Lara isn't real?! runs to get a paper bag , I can't breathe!
just kidding.....:eek: ;)

Lia67
30th Aug 2004, 23:33
You know, I don't think A.J. looks like Lara.

And I agree that the people that created the TR movies, sucked the life out of what Lara is really all about. Maybe had they actually played the games they would have come up with box office material.