PDA

View Full Version : British Flag

Miles
24th Aug 2004, 08:39
I commend the fact that the crew of this new game has made the British flag correct like it was in that time perioud, many games with mods in this time era always forget that the British flag was different than the present one, due to the red diagnal lines that are there which were added in 1801 when Ireland became a provence of England. Anyway, my main concern was that the British Infantry flag it suppose to be 6 feet by 6.5 feet in reality. So if you made the British flag a little bigger in width, it would be nice
http://www.redcoat.org/images/bat_ho.jpg

haradrim
17th Sep 2004, 01:42
dont get me wrong i appreciate your zealousness for historical accuracy but the flag thing isnt really a big deal and IMO would much rather have pyro use their time on something more important than the width of the british flag.

p.s. i know it probably wouldnt take to long to make the change but i hope you get my point

BlackCoat
22nd Dec 2004, 04:30
I thought it was the st george flag of england untill the union, in 1800.
And thats 11 years into the game...

haradrim
22nd Dec 2004, 22:15
if you were refering to my post you probably are correctabout the name of the flag. Quite honestly i dont know as much about this era, though i have learned a lot more than i used to since I joined this form.

andytimtim
23rd Dec 2004, 15:54
hehehe first post :o

The time line of the game is 1789-1830 correct?

British flag was different than the present one, due to the red diagnal lines that are there which were added in 1801 when Ireland became a provence of England.

Between 1789 and 1801 will the british flag be like the one in the picture? And between 1802 and 1830 will it be the 'up to-date' flag with the red diagnal lines? It would be a nice little feature to have me thinks! :p

No biggy if its not though!

sick
23rd Dec 2004, 22:28
I believe this isn't the case to prevent players getting confused. I'm not totally sure though, can anyone confirm this?

Arctic_Wolf
24th Dec 2004, 03:52
Originally posted by BlackCoat
I thought it was the st george flag of england untill the union, in 1800.
And thats 11 years into the game...

Not really, England technicly stopped being its own independant country when Queen Elizabeth I died because king James I, IV of Scotland took the throne, England had a Scottish king. Then with the second Act of Union 1707, England and Scotland became one country, Great Britain. Thats 82 years before the start of the game.

I don't think the flag of Great Britain will change in the game, what if you lose control of Ireland, then how can you pass the 3rd act of union and change the flag. Or maybe if you have the right type of government and still control ireland by 1801 you can have the option to pass the Act and change the flag, but then will come the question... "I've conquered Country X, why can't I make that part of the UK like Ireland?"