PDA

View Full Version : Projectile fun

John D.
21st Aug 2004, 19:44
Has anyone noticed you can shoot some of the slower moving projectiles like hammer spells, magic shots etc with your arrows? I've also noticed fire shots get bent at an angle when they're firing at you when you're hiding at the bottom of a pool of water? Interesting physics.:)

GORT-SMDM
20th Sep 2004, 15:58
Yah, you can have loads of fun making different projectiles. That's how I figured out on making Christine III's sword in "The Mystic State":D

John D.
20th Sep 2004, 17:42
Hehe, I got a rude shock when those guards opened fire!:eek: ;) :p

GORT-SMDM
20th Sep 2004, 19:03
Of course, if you get in the catacombs, you can get her sword as well.:D
That way you can take revenge upon those guys. (Only on Normal for the guards.)

evil Garrett
20th Oct 2004, 11:05
Talking about arrows i've noticed few bugs when i using them.
My arrows got stuck into any surface except water, without reacting. They just stay stucked like a rope or broadhead arrow into a wooden surface, ready for second use. :confused:
BTW, it's a rare problem because i didn't noticed it since months. Maybe there is something wrong with proper working of convict.osm file or in act-react game properties, i don't know, i hope i won't see this problem again.

evil Garrett
20th Oct 2004, 11:26
Hey John, i wonder waht means: "Si vis Pacem parabelum". I think "vis" was something like power, just the same like inscription on some american carriers which says "Vis per mare"(power on sea, i think).

John D.
20th Oct 2004, 11:43
I've read that 'Si vis Pacem parabelum' is a Latin phrase that means 'If you want peace, prepare for war'. I just thought it was cool.:)

GORT-SMDM
20th Oct 2004, 14:39
evil Garrett: Talking about arrows i've noticed few bugs when i using them.

Usually if that happens, your arrows might have that death stage 12 on it. This will cause things to not die or in this case your arrows to stick just about anywhere. Check the proporties on it (I think its somewhere in the game section). If it does, then change the 12 to a 0. Hope that helps.:D

John D.
20th Oct 2004, 20:27
For deathstage 12 errors use these commands in dromed (I always make it the last step when I'm finishing an FM) Thanks to Tellimand for these commands.

hilight_clear
hilight_by_prop DeathStage
hilight_rem_prop DeathStage

GORT-SMDM
21st Oct 2004, 18:09
Great idea!:cool:

But be careful not to remove that from the objects that you want to have it.:rolleyes:

(Hmmm, that makes me wonder what other nubers you could put in there and see what they do.)

R_Soul
21st Oct 2004, 20:29
I'm sure the effect of DeathStage 12 can be duplicated in other ways so you won't have to worry about that sort of thing.

evil Garrett
22nd Oct 2004, 09:29
'If you want peace, prepare for war'.
It's really cool, at first time i thought that si vis pacem PARA BELLUM
phrase is something about parabelum pistols, but now i see i was wrong.:D

And thanks to both of you for arrow problem, if i notice it again i will use this comands.:)