PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Raider #7?????

RobbinJaye
19th Aug 2004, 17:39
I am a Tomb Raider Playstation Freak. I am a 39 year old mother of teenagers. Ha... I am a pro at this game. :D

I was just wondering when the next game (Tomb Raider 7) comes out for playstation 2. Does anyone know. I would die if they put a stop to making them!!!!!!!! :(

LARAMANIAC
19th Aug 2004, 17:43
Hey RobbinJaye - welcome to the forum! I'm a 37year old mother of one teenager, and one in waiting! :D

Tomb Raider 7 is in development, but if you listen to the rumours the release date varies - take a look here (http://forums.eidosgames.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&forumid=38) for more TR related information! ;)

RobbinJaye
19th Aug 2004, 17:45
Hey LARAMANIAC ,

Thanks for responding.

Mother of teens too? Cool!!!

I am so happy to hear that they are working on another one! Can't wait.

Maybe in time for Christmas...

Thanks again!!!

LARAMANIAC
19th Aug 2004, 17:48
No problem dear, you're welcome! ;)

Grey Mouser
19th Aug 2004, 18:36
Originally posted by RobbinJaye
Hey LARAMANIAC ,

Maybe in time for Christmas...

Well, it will probably be in time for a Christmas, but not this upcoming one...TR7 is still in early development at present...it will be a little while before it is ready.

Good luck with the teens...I remember being somewhat of a handfull when I was one. ;)

And oh yeah...welcome to the Forums! :)

midroth
19th Aug 2004, 19:38
Welcome RobbinJaye,

TR7 should come between summer and X-mas 2005. If .. Lara is not loosing the way...

Btw: I have no teen, do I have to leave the forum now?

RobbinJaye
19th Aug 2004, 19:47
midroth,

Ha, no you don't have to leave...
:rolleyes:

Wow, how cool that you live in Germany...:)

RobbinJaye
19th Aug 2004, 19:58

Solange
19th Aug 2004, 20:46
Hello RobbinJaye, and welcome to the forum!

I'm 35, with no kids at all, but I have a cat instead! It seems, most people who play TR, either have kids, are kids, or have cats! :D

Or 2 of the above. Possibly even 3...

Dino
19th Aug 2004, 20:53
My youngest kid was 40 just last week, and I have a wild bird feeder that is safe from cats.

dhama
19th Aug 2004, 21:08
Whilst you wait for the next TR game to come along, why not try a TR custom level or two. You'll find more than a thousand excellent levels made by the fans.. and some require no additional program. You can see a list of them HERE (http://www.trle.net). Most have been reviewed by regulars so you're bound to find something of your taste.

For those custom levels that do require the level editor to be installed, this is available with TR5 Chronicles and should be available quite inexpensive now.

Don't hesitate to ask for additional info. ;)

BTW... Welcome to Tomb Raider Forums here at Eidos. :cool:

Grey Mouser
19th Aug 2004, 21:09
We don't discriminate against any species around here, wild birds are quite nice. Dogs too. Cats are welcome, as long as they have a job...nothing worse than an unemployed cat! Except maybe a teenager... ;)

midroth
19th Aug 2004, 21:10
midroth,

Ha, no you don't have to leave...
:rolleyes:

Wow, how cool that you live in Germany...:) Thank you! :)

RobbinJaye
19th Aug 2004, 22:45
Dhama,

Wow! I had no idea. Fans created these? I have every game and have gone through each game like 5 times each. So I know each game practically by heart...

I will try to download one and see how it is. I have never played on my computer (Only playstation 1 and 2), so we'll see how I do... :D

This is a great message board with a lot of great folks!! :)

Grey Mouser
19th Aug 2004, 23:03

This is a great message board with a lot of great folks!! :)

True, that.

Starting with Mr. Dhama...and proceeding through an entire...what is the word...plethora of other very kind folks. Stick around and you'll see why we like it here.

RobbinJaye
20th Aug 2004, 06:25
I downloaded one game, but it would not play. Do you have to be online or is it stand alone. What program do I need to play it??

midroth
20th Aug 2004, 09:04
TR5 have to be installed first, on several TR5 editions is the TRLE (Tomb Raider Level Editor). Install him, too.

LARAMANIAC
20th Aug 2004, 12:36
If you don't have the level editor - you can download it here! (http://brmpages.homestead.com/files/trlefaq/download/index.html) The custom levels generally contain a readme file that gives you instructions on how to install the game. If you are struggling - just holler - someone will be able to help! ;)

Jorge22
20th Aug 2004, 16:10
Hi. First of all, welcome to the forums.

TR5 does not have to be installed, the Level Editor does. I see you've been to trle, where I am a regular, to download your game. Btw, why don't you join the forums there and vote for the best Tomb Raider games under Small Talk? ;)

Anyway, your zip, that you've probably unzipped by now, comes with several files, depending on the game. You may have audio files (if they come in the MP.3 format you'll have to use the program that comes with it to make them wav.s), sound files at times, English and Script files, wads or already prepared for you .tr4 files, etc. What you have to do is place them in the level editor folder (and don't forget to make a backup copy of the files which will be replaced, just take a note of every file, so you'll later know what you've done and not have to uninstall and reinstall the LE once more). English and Script - and Load and Strings, if they're there - go in the main folder. The Audio files go in the Audio folder. The .tr4 files (as well as the UKlogo.pak file, if it's there) go in the data folder. Or else you'll have wads that go in the wad folder (inside the graphics folder) and then click on tom2pc.exe to convert them (new .tr4 files will be created in the data folder) one at a time (reccomended), the sounds files (if any) go inside the Samples folder, which is inside the Sounds folder, etc. I'm telling you this by heart and it may seem a bit complicated, but it's simple once you get used to it. The games always come with a readme file that will usually tell you what you have to do. Otherwise, everybody at trle's will be more than happy to help you out. Good luck in your new tomb raiding experience and do send some reviews, if you feel like it, when you think you're ready and have comments to make on the games that you played... It's good for players and builders alike.

Now, would you like some reccomendations on good custom levels? Just shout.

And, btw, I'm the father of a six year old son. :)

EDIT: I just noticed... You said you played TR on Playstation. These games are meant to be played on a PC (or Mac), of course...

TheBoo
20th Aug 2004, 16:56
Originally posted by Grey Mouser
...nothing worse than an unemployed cat! Except maybe a teenager... ;)

I second that comment! They lay around, eat, sleep..........and they won't even do any mousing!!

;) :p

thanhkim
20th Aug 2004, 20:25
Originally posted by midroth
Welcome RobbinJaye,

TR7 should come between summer and X-mas 2005. If .. Lara is not loosing the way...

Btw: I have no teen, do I have to leave the forum now? Welcome dude I'm 31 tr7 will be out 2005 some time I've heard that is if Larlar hasn't gone walk about. :D

thanhkim
20th Aug 2004, 20:30
True, that.

Starting with Mr. Dhama...and proceeding through an entire...what is the word...plethora of other very kind folks. Stick around and you'll see why we like it here. I call the forum the party line held at Croft Manor aka larlar's house plenty of big kids here I think we are all big kids at heart I mean even larlar (aka Lara Croft) thinks life is a game

Deekman
21st Aug 2004, 00:14
Hi. I'm Deekman aka Cap'n Skusting. I'm 47, Poppa to none, married to
Brooklyn Gal, owned by two grey cats - Yuri and Shep.
You will find all sorts of great things over at TRLE to tide you over until TR7.
And thar be loads of wonderful folk both over here and over yonder at TRLE.
Welcome. pull up a keyboard and set a spell.
http://www1.eboard.com/boards/17/31/59/SkustingsFlagEmporium/att-818251/40plusclub.jpg

CatSuit&Ponytail
21st Aug 2004, 11:02
Originally posted by LARAMANIAC
, and one in waiting!

:o You preggers LM?? :o :p

I remember being somewhat of a handfull

Erm, now more like two? :D ;)

...nothing worse than an unemployed cat! Except maybe a teenager...

I third the teen comment, but as you know, all cats are employed in vital Multiverse stabilization and the babysitting and protection of lesser species, like man...

Welcome RobbinJaye! Custom Levels are big big fun. So's this forum, :D

LARAMANIAC
21st Aug 2004, 15:26
Originally posted by CatSuit&Ponytail
:o You preggers LM?? :o :p

My gawd Cat if that wasn't so scarey I'd laugh! :eek:

CatSuit&Ponytail
22nd Aug 2004, 10:10
Originally posted by LARAMANIAC
My gawd Cat if that wasn't so scarey I'd laugh! :eek:

You should be afraid, be very afraid! :D

LARAMANIAC
22nd Aug 2004, 12:34
You should be afraid, be very afraid! :D

Don't worry dear - things are in hand - and no that isn't a pun! :p

uzigirl
24th Aug 2004, 17:12
I'm a mother of two kids, one teenager. Absolutely love Tombraider same as everybody here too. :)

An arid tomb level editor fan got me interested in custom levels about two weeks ago and have been playing TRGold which I have only got to Psycho so far.
The levels so far are fantastic, great work by the level editors I must say. :cool:

So If you have the chance RJ, try these levels out amazing!

:)

Grey Mouser
26th Aug 2004, 18:10

Erm, now more like two? :D ;)

Well, I try. (http://www.penny-arcade.com/view.php3?date=2002-06-19&res=l)

Originally posted by TheBoo
I second that comment! They lay around, eat, sleep..........and they won't even do any mousing!!

;) :p

A cat who won't do any mousing is no cat at all! Or just jobless...they need to see rodents running around right in front of them (or at least nearby), and be slightly hungry, in order to be of any use at all, except as portable heating pads. Or slippers, as DEEKMAN pointed out, in a different thread.

zzzz....snorksniff...got any foood? Meow?

Alti
30th Aug 2004, 00:53
Welcome to the forum RobbinJaye!
I'm 27, but have no kids to brag about!
I hate shopping with my mother because she gives me grandma eyes whenever she sees a baby in a stroller...:|
LOL
Enjoy your stay!!

zombie
14th Sep 2004, 07:22
Man, I guess I waited too long. I'm 33 and my son is 4 years old. Many of my friends had their kids 12-14 years ago, so my kid has no peers outside of school. Guess I just "played it safe" after high school and got nobody preggers. :D

Anyway, on topic, I cant wait to see where they are going with the new TR. I hope to experience that feeling I had when playing TR1. I guess that's something most of us have been looking for and unable to feel in the past 5 sequels.

uzigirl
18th Sep 2004, 21:40
Anyway, on topic, I cant wait to see where they are going with the new TR. I hope to experience that feeling I had when playing TR1. I guess that's something most of us have been looking for and unable to feel in the past 5 sequels. [/B][/QUOTE]

Absolutely and I imo think that TR7 is going to be like TR1 but much much better! :D

midroth
18th Sep 2004, 21:53
... Absolutely and I imo think that TR7 is going to be like TR1 but much much better! ...

I want to believe, I want to believe, I want...