PDA

View Full Version : New old stomping grounds for Lara?

John Carter
18th Aug 2004, 15:56
Lost City found in Peru (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=585&ncid=585&e=1&u=/nm/20040817/sc_nm/peru_ruins_dc)

LARAMANIAC
18th Aug 2004, 22:35
They need Lara. ;) Very interesting link JC! ;)

projo
19th Aug 2004, 12:37
Wow !

Savoy had to >> Hack Through Trees << to get there ! !

At 9,186 feet above sea-level, I would say that the theme-park concept is definitely out.

But Lara could play there !
:D

Deekman
19th Aug 2004, 16:38
I almost expected to read a part about finding the remains of Indiana Jones
just inside the door in that photo!
Thanks for the link, Mr. Mars.

oracle
19th Aug 2004, 19:23
fascinating! I gotta get my arse to Peru and check this out someday.

Trinity34
19th Aug 2004, 22:25
Originally posted by projo
Wow !

Savoy had to >> Hack Through Trees << to get there ! !

At 9,186 feet above sea-level, I would say that the theme-park concept is definitely out.

But Lara could play there !

Oh come on where is your sense of adventure? I'm sure Peru would love a TR coaster on the very top of the mountain! :) But it does sound pretty cool. Sounds very much like Indiana Jones. Maybe we all could wait a couple of months until winter comes and take a holiday down to Peru. :)

projo
20th Aug 2004, 02:18
You'd better hurry ! !
That nearby town is where several new hotels are being built to accomodate all of the tourist trade.
I think that if you want to really explore a lost city filled with ancient wonders and unknown places you should find one on your own.
This place in Peru is probably already filled with Police and Soldiers making sure that nobody steals or defaces anything, and don't forget the Government Officials who must be conferred with before even the Archeologists can dig or move anything.
If you want to look around you must have a permit, and pay someone who will take your money and smile. Then some soldiers will follow you around (for your protection, of course.)

Try dropping out of a high-altitude plane in the middle of the night and sneaking in to that ancient ruin to have a bit of a snoop !

Now that would be an adventure.

thanhkim
20th Aug 2004, 20:38
This folks could be the reason if tr7 is delayed Lara will go to Peru and check things out, go larlar!

CatSuit&Ponytail
21st Aug 2004, 09:45
Try dropping out of a high-altitude plane in the middle of the night and sneaking in to that ancient ruin to have a bit of a snoop !

Now that would be an adventure.

Indeed! Fun to be had by all! ;)

projo
21st Aug 2004, 13:46
So you've already got your chute packed then ?
Mind you, this is a tricky one, over mountainous terrain, with shifting winds. Also, the idea would be to NOT get caught by the authorities, who would probably be unhappy to see anyone who was not on the invited list.
Then of course, one would need a means of egress.
Either something brash, like a chopper extraction, or more subtle, like blending in with the day crowd and just taking the bus.

And a back up plan, just in case, even if its not needed, because its worth the extra effort if things suddenly go wrong.

:D woo-hoo ! !

CatSuit&Ponytail
22nd Aug 2004, 09:43
So you've already got your chute packed then ?

Yeah, but only if Mars has my 6. ;) He always takes point, so it's my turn. :p

projo
22nd Aug 2004, 12:01
In all fairness, John Carter of Mars started this thread, so I believe that he should get to choose.

Did I mention that a black leather jumpsuit is definitely NOT going to blend in with the locals ?;)