PDA

View Full Version : Virus destroyd Lara!!

midroth
16th Aug 2004, 17:45
Crystall Danamics has got the most thinkable accident. A virus destroyd all Lara dates and backups! The whole work!
George Chester (CD) "...It is a desaster. We've lost all, everything. Nothing is left. We tried to rescue some, but it was not possible. We have to rebuild all of the comming TR7. We lost over a year of work." A security hole in the W**-system the virus used to infect the development system. The hole is now closed, CD says, but to late...
Eidos says TR7 will now not comming before end of 2007.

Source: eidosreports.co.uk (tempory offline, because a huge load of requests.)

Ok, it's a lie. But I bet it's makes the round...

Jorge22
16th Aug 2004, 18:58
The latest news indicate that Lara herself went after the virus and after some shooting and virus trap avoiding, she managed to grab the little b*****d, make it confess and give back all the work already done by Crystal Dinamics!

George Chester (CD): "We knew we could count on good old Lara. It's just that lately she's been involved in so many custom level adventures, we weren't sure she'd be able to get here in time. Good old Lara! You know you may always count on her!"

Eidos says TR7 may be coming out next September, or September next year, or September 2006 or...... oh, well...

Source: eidosreports.co.uk (tempory offline, because a huge load of requests.)

John Carter
18th Aug 2004, 04:38
A nice example of applied information operations (subset: disinformation).

Given the lack of replies, either the gullibility level has decreased, or the white disclaimer is more visible than you thought.

Solange
18th Aug 2004, 05:16
It is too visible! :D But the thread gave me a very good laugh! :D

midroth
18th Aug 2004, 06:07
John, no question the gullibility level has decreased. :(

Btw: Does anyone knows where I can upload a 50MB file?
I "builded" a kind of TR-symphony. Made with org. TR sounds.
An acustical TR history. Runs 36+Min. Is one part.

thanhkim
18th Aug 2004, 14:47
Originally posted by Jorge22
The latest news indicate that Lara herself went after the virus and after some shooting and virus trap avoiding, she managed to grab the little b*****d, make it confess and give back all the work already done by Crystal Dinamics!

George Chester (CD): "We knew we could count on good old Lara. It's just that lately she's been involved in so many custom level adventures, we weren't sure she'd be able to get here in time. Good old Lara! You know you may always count on her!"

Eidos says TR7 may be coming out next September, or September next year, or September 2006 or...... oh, well...

Source: eidosreports.co.uk (tempory offline, because a huge load of requests.) Go Larlar save the day again however she just told me she doesn't appreciate been known as 'old' hmmmm.

LARAMANIAC
18th Aug 2004, 22:41
Actually I don't think she minds, 37 is a good age to be! ;)

WesternWhiteWolf
20th Aug 2004, 00:29
Heh, not even a computer virus can stop Lara...:D

Panoulis
29th Aug 2004, 17:55
You know this could be quite a pretty excuse for CORE... It's a bad thing thay never tried to excuse theirselves... It's so pathetic... "Sorry for being late but we finally released the new TR with a bunch of bugs. We simply hope that you buy it and enjoy it..." DUH.....!:mad: