PDA

View Full Version : Advances idea. (Look inside for a free cookie)

Willmore
12th Aug 2004, 23:46
*Hands out cookie.

Here's an idea I got when it was brought up that countries could fall very far behind in terms of weapons development. As in any invention, breakthroughs are made by individuals, not countries. So why not make pre-scripted, or randomly generated dates, at which a certain technology is invented. This technology for the first year would be unique to the country of invention, but then with the fast travel options, it would spread to other countries. Now, here's where countries differ - production. If a country is industrially more advanced, they are able to arm more men with the new invented gun/build more cannons, etc.

In such a system, britain could get a new blueprint for a gun, and start production almost immediately with the industrial boom that started in the 1760-1780s. While Russia, Prussia and maybe Austria would be slower off, because they are not as advanced, especially Russia. This would create tremendous incentive to improve the industry of a country.

Another option would be to use a chance system for invention - if a country has an academy of science, the chance is increased. If a country has more liberal views, it would generally attract more scientist, thus more chance of invention.

Kai-Arne
14th Aug 2004, 18:05
Very good! I thought of something similar as well! But I've something to add: What about scienists or inventors who really existed who offer their patents from a correct point in time on! If e.g. monsieur Miniee offers his patent to your country you have to pay him the money he wants you to! But of course the other nations can get the same invention, too!

Walter
15th Aug 2004, 18:30
These are intresting elements, as they would bring more to the game, doubtfully I dont think they have the time to install this until gamerelease.

Willmore
15th Aug 2004, 19:51
Yeah, I was just throwing it out there.

Kai-Arne
16th Aug 2004, 10:00
Who knows? Maybe they are already included!