PDA

View Full Version : Right. Now about those cut scenes...

Snifter
10th Aug 2004, 02:45
So.... Dino saved the day by pointing me toward a downloadable program that allowed me to view the FMVs I wasn't getting... but now I realize that I also want to see the cut scenes (sigh). There's a long thread in this forum about showing the cutscenes by changing the cd drive... but I've only got one cd drive.

there's a downloadable program for viewing .rpl files (FMVs)... is there a similar program for viewing the cutscenes (.tr2 files apparently)?

The fact is that the story is confusing without them. I was in India where I found a crystal, now I'm in London... why?

Thanks!

Dino
10th Aug 2004, 05:10
On earlier production Tomb Raider III CD's (the ones with the copy protection), there was a fifth .rpl file.

There's a description of this FMV sequence at the end of Stella's Caves of Kaliya walkthrough.

Check this link:
http://tombraiders.net/stella/walks/TR3walk/kaliya.html

What follows is the last paragraph of that description of that FMV sequence. It answers your question about why you are in London.

"Willard informs Lara that of the original group that found the artifacts, only Stephen, the diarist, survived. His compatriots were killed for their pieces in India, the South Pacific and Nevada, and Stephen sold his artifact after returning to London. The doctor is hot to investigate the remaining three locations. Lara agrees to sign on."

Invincible
10th Aug 2004, 06:57
Originally posted by Snifter
The fact is that the story is confusing without them. I was in India where I found a crystal, now I'm in London... why?

U can choose whetever u want to go first.

just choose Nevada first.........just do it!!

And yes the cutscenes and FMV's do keep a game chained and makes it full plot....without 'em u'r scr*wed....which we can see BTW ;) :D :D